Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Obligatory mention of Jimmy McGee .

This thing is a waste of time. It will be confined to events that were on RTE and Italia 90 will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus.... he’s making a show of himself.

Gone...... go saueeeelch

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭amlinopta

So Ray set to interview Des Cahill, another RTE love-in.
    The rugby fan in him showing. Gerry McLoughlin was a prop not a second row, and is very much alive. €500k a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

LOL.. I've more chance of appearing in the RTE sporting highlights than Michelle Smith :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

David Hall for president? Too many skeletons I'd have thought and remember the fate of Adi Roche.

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »
    So Ray set to interview Des Cahill, another RTE love-in.
    The rugby fan in him showing. Gerry McLoughlin was a prop not a second row, and is very much alive. €500k a year.

It’s not so much not knowing, surely he would have a’ dope sheet’ in front of him giving the ‘skinny’ on the events he would comment on.

I mean the guy knows what’s coming up, just read off the sheet, don’t make a tool of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He had to retract his McLoughlan comment at the end. "I'm sure his family knows he's alive" lol.

He had to retract his McLoughlan comment at the end. "I'm sure his family knows he's alive" lol.

Just goes to buttress my comments over the duration of this thread.

The lad hasn’t the general knowledge to handle a gig like this.

Hairdresser radio is his limit.

Nothing personal, just saying what most people can see.

Well that's OK then..?!

I doubt Ray would be so blasé if he found an erroneous mention of his own obituary in the morning newspapers. I know mistakes happen, that's fair enough, but don't just assume -- and then announce -- someone is dead, on the basis of guesswork. Hardly too much to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

He is such an idiot. When he realised he said "Jesus" , Richie Sadlier had to issue an apology for doing it on Rte 2 weeks ago. Is egghead gonna do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

caught by mistake a bit of his tv show on Sat. with the older couples married a long time !!- he said something stupid to the husband - who pulled him up on it - cant remember what it was but just thought does it ever end !
    he has such a dull personality and is not a people person - who ever thought he was suitable as a tv/ radio personality ?
    I would say he has feck all friends - would explain why it took him so long to get married.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

I was part of a feature on the old Show back 10 years ago now. It involved a couple of nights in Dublin courtesy of Today FM and I was told at one of them that Ray would give me a call that evening, another I was to meet him and do something at Vicar Street.
    I was a big fan of the show and listened everyday at the time. Well I cant tell you how rude I found Ray. As obnoxious a person as i have ever encountered and not fit to deal with the public on a daily basis.
    Oh and Arthur for Mailbag was the most aloof person id ever me haha!

I think he might have asbergers or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

goochy wrote: »

Whats asbergers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

He has a classic case of Rteitis. Symptoms include extreme narcissism, a total lack of a personality, no talent, and detachment from reality.

He has a classic case of Rteitis. Symptoms include extreme narcissism, a total lack of a personality, no talent, and detachment from reality and a huge salary.

Fixed it for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Whats asbergers?

it’s aspergers with a typo, but you already knew this you arrogant brick

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Incisive rugby analysis with a couple of mentions of Anthony Conway's performance on Saturday. Must be related to Ireland's tryscorer Andrew Conway. All in the preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Its a wonder he did not ask Darren Randolph's mother to give Darren a hug

did I just hear Ray say to Conor

• Advertisement

Pope -' worser and worser ' . please say I didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

amlinopta wrote: »
    Incisive rugby analysis with a couple of mentions of Anthony Conway's performance on Saturday. Must be related to Ireland's tryscorer Andrew Conway. All in the preparation.

Well at least he didn't kill anyone off this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Had the misfortune to hear the last few minutes of today's show. He was interviewing Guy Garvey of Elbow about their version of Golden Slumbers being used for the John Lewis TV Christmas advert. He asked Guy if he knew the background to the song. Guy had only just started to talk when Ray butted in and read off a speil and at the end said something along the lines of "Well that's what it says on Wikipedia, so it might not be accurate". €500k folks, €500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Red Fred wrote: »
    Had the misfortune to hear the last few minutes of today's show. He was interviewing Guy Garvey of Elbow about their version of Golden Slumbers being used for the John Lewis TV Christmas advert. He asked Guy if he knew the background to the song. Guy had only just started to talk when Ray butted in and read off a speil and at the end said something along the lines of "Well that's what it says on Wikipedia, so it might not be accurate". €500k folks, €500k.

Don't be fooking reminding us.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Red Fred wrote: »

He lacks social skills

What is his USP exactly ? makes us all feel more intelligent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Disgusting, AirBNB is immoral ...

maria doyle kennedy said her father sold suits - ' oh he was a travelling salesman ? ' no he worked in a shop - strange
    then gets celeb big brother mixed up with I am a celebrity when talking to britt - what a retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭quintain

maria doyle kennedy said her father sold suits - ' oh he was a travelling salesman ? ' no he worked in a shop - strange
    then gets celeb big brother mixed up with I am a celebrity when talking to britt - what a retard.

or MARY doyle kennedy as he called her. I mean, really. It's an appalling standard of quality for the national broadcaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

quintain wrote: »
    or MARY doyle kennedy as he called her. I mean, really. It's an appalling standard of quality for the national broadcaster.

Thats not a surprise for a very well paid RTE presenter, sure the best paid phone operator in Ireland constantly referred to Councillor Nial Ring as Neal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement