Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Do you believe, as a private company, Today FM were making a loss on Ray D'arcy?

his listener numbers were in free fall and marketing honchos that I know likened his growing toxicity to that of Joe Duffy

death 'star' d'arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Do you believe, as a private company, Today FM were making a loss on Ray D'arcy?

I don't know I would have to ask their financial director. However, weren't his figures on a constant slide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

my friend wrote: »
    his listener numbers were in free fall and marketing honchos that I know likened his growing toxicity to that of Joe Duffy

death 'star' d'arcy

No they weren't, and Liveline was the second most listened to show in the country last year. Please stop repeating this rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Why didn't D'Arcy bring his eight year old in to the office to show him how to use the buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

What has Fran not been found yet, maybe the country is not as small as we all think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

what in the name of god were they doing to that cat !

stop messing with your pussy luv !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No they weren't, and Liveline was the second most listened to show in the country last year. Please stop repeating this rubbish.

You disagree that the JNLRs for both shows were declining?

I would coax the cat into the house then dispose of it..

Liveline cant get a sponsor and marketing experts avoid advertising on or near it due to the toxic attitude of Joe and his listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

LION shyte?

good luck getting your hands on that luv.

:D

• Advertisement

Awh Iwhy is this Donegal man not drunk in Galway

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You disagree that the JNLRs for both shows were declining?

I disagree with the use of the word "Freefall". 21 shows in the top thirty lost listeners in the last year. The Mooney show posted the third biggest listener loss (11.9%). Liveline and D'Arcy posted the 5th and 6th lowest losses (5% and 6.5% respectively). Hardly toxic or in freefall.

Liveline cant get a sponsor and marketing experts avoid advertising on or near it due to the toxic attitude of Joe and his listeners

Interesting, I'd like to see a link that supports that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ah here's yer man, best friend of Princess Diana so he'd have you believe. I thought we were rid of him when Mooney left.

I disagree with your use of the word "Freefall". 21 shows in the top thirty lost listeners in the last year. The Mooney show posted the third biggest listener loss (11.9%). Liveline and D'Arcy posted the 5th and 6th lowest losses (5% and 6.5% respectively). Hardly toxic or in freefall.

yes, Rays last numbers at Today were in Free fall, couch it as you may.

now, care to address my point re Liveline unable to get a sponsor or the fact that the VW sponsorship doesn't cover Jenny's (Rays Wife) salary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

stock-photo-rusty-and-orange-shade-paint-swatches-and-small-brush-for-home-decorating-3049536.jpg

every day was Donegal Tuesday for Noel

yes, Rays last numbers at Today were in Free fall, couch it as you may.

now, care to address my point re Liveline unable to get a sponsor or the fact that the VW sponsorship doesn't cover Jenny's (Rays Wife) salary ?

Regarding Liveline, I refer you to my previous post.

As for what sponsorship and advertising pays for in regards to the Ray D'Arcy show neither I or you are privy to how the show is funded. However I take exception to posters that say "my license fee is wasted on this", and Ray is taking "€500,000 of our money"' as there is advertising and sponsorship. In addition we don't know how much additional tv work is included in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Thought jenny left today fm to spend more time with kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I disagree with your use of the word "Freefall". 21 shows in the top thirty lost listeners in the last year. The Mooney show posted the third biggest listener loss (11.9%). Liveline and D'Arcy posted the 5th and 6th lowest losses (5% and 6.5% respectively). Hardly toxic or in freefall.

What use of the word freefall ?

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What use of the word freefall ?

death 'star' d'arcy
    My apologies, it's very easy to get the two of you confused. I shoud have said "the use of Freefall". I'll correct my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Is he doing the pancake slot with his dad today ?

swingking wrote: »

he said he was yesterday. Just Noel Cunningham and cruising so far....unconnected items

swingking wrote: »

he's on the phone, not in studio. Probably afraid Ray would spill the pan over everything

jjll wrote: »

Yeah but she found that she had to go back to work to support the kids, what with Ray having left the country in 2011 after Enda Kenny became Taoiseach...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't know I would have to ask their financial director. However, weren't his figures on a constant slide?

Why would you have to ask their financial director to give your opinion.

Do you believe? I'm not asking for a fact.

How much does it cost to text into the show btw?

jjll wrote: »

She did...do you not remember she left Today FM?

So...she spent more time with the kids and now she's gone back to work.

Also ever take into account the change in time slot of the show???? Today FM she would not have been able to take kids to school etc and she'd probably be in bed by 9 or 10 at night thus reducing the time she gets to see the kids. Now she is working less probably and a better time slot.

She did...do you not remember she left Today FM? So...she spent more time with the kids and now she's gone back to work.Also ever take into account the change in time slot of the show????.

You're being far too kind. I think it's more likely that when Jenny Kelly left TodayFM, herself, Ray, Will and the rest of the Clampetts KNEW that moving to RTE was on the cards... I think that this is a lot of the reason why there seems to be very little goodwill towards D'Acry about the move to RTE.. (aside from the handpicked texts that he reads out on air)... People dont like the way he's gone about this whole move back to RTE..

You're being far too kind. I think it's more likely that when Jenny Kelly left TodayFM, herself, Ray, Will and the rest of the Clampetts KNEW that moving to RTE was on the cards... I think that this is a lot of the reason why there seems to be very little goodwill towards D'Acry about the move to RTE.. (aside from the handpicked texts that he reads out on air)... People dont like the way he's gone about this whole move back to RTE..

I am sure it's down to the fact he got a move back to RTE with a TV gig as well, adding to the fact one of their most popular hosts decided he doesn't want to be there anymore. So...I think there's a mixture of reasons why there was no goodwill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

I hope that TV gig to be fronted by D'Arcy will be something of the standard of
    'Superstar Dogs' - now that was a high water mark for public service broadcasting in Ireland.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement