Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Thats not a surprise for a very well paid RTE presenter, sure the best paid phone operator in Ireland constantly referred to Councillor Nial Ring as Neal

He calls himself Kneel. Is that the same as Neal?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Operation yawwwwnnnnnn.... good luck, see you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

the guy from clondalkin on last series really took the piss out of Ray - Ray didn't know what to say when he said doing interviews with Ray was worst part - probably wasn't joking - Ray of course couldn't come back with anything quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

D'arcy got some e400 pots for e200 good man Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

taineste get sacked and he's going on about trump and the royal wedding.

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hairdresser radio

and they want to sic the revenue comissioners on us to pay for this trype?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

shoehorned a mention of porridge in there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hairdresser©️ radio

Watch yourself Joe......

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Was it me or did it feel like the sports news went on forever,Ray did not even acknowledge the sports presenter when he came back on

• Advertisement

Was it me or did it feel like the sports news went on forever,Ray did not even acknowledge the sports presenter when he came back on

He kept them waiting for 6 minutes yesterday.

I heard a bit of the Vincent Browne interview the other day and sensed a bit of tension between them. I just had a listen back there now. Vincent doesnt seem a big fan of Rays. Or else he was trolling him.

Every time Ray did his awful sycophantic laugh V B was silent. .

At one stage Vincent sighed and said, "When I'm asked the kind of question I'd expect from an impertinent twit like you.................."

Ray: I'm in my early fifties.
    VB: God. The state of you.

Ray: You know I love you Vincent,
    VB: Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah.

VB: I like Gerry Adams...... I like you. Isn't that even more extraordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Sounds like yesterday's long piece on domestic violence was pre-recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Sounds like yesterday's long piece on domestic violence was pre-recorded.

hum I don't know- sounded live enough, nuacht and everything was delayed, presume they would have edited it to fit into the schedule better but who knows

Ray loving having to be ashamed to be a man - jenny will be so proud - I am not ashamed to be a man. plenty of men ' under the thumb ' who are basically being abused / controlled and no one says anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

hum I don't know- sounded live enough, nuacht and everything was delayed, presume they would have edited it to fit into the schedule better but who knows

Yes, a full 10 minutes to four, he muttered something like 'I'm going to be late for nuacht and all now. Sigh'.

goochy wrote: »
    Ray loving having to be ashamed to be a man - jenny will be so proud - I am not ashamed to be a man. plenty of men ' under the thumb ' who are basically being abused / controlled and no one says anything .

I had no choice but hear the first ten minutes. Jesus he really comes across as a right man hater.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

sligojoek wrote: »
    I had no choice but hear the first ten minutes. Jesus he really comes across as a right man hater.

the entire narrative was very disturbing. women’s aid are extreme in their views towards men, I can’t believe RTÉ allowed that spokesperson throw out a baseless throw away comment on how that murder suicide in cavan was somehow attributed to male domestic violence. that man was deranged and extremely ill, mental illness had no part in that discussion.

as for a texter saying he feels ashamed to be a man, Id say he has a certain mental illness of his own. d’arcy is an absolute sham.

If he had said, a tiny tiny tiny percentage of men were wrong. then fair enough. But, no, It's men.

It's like his "I'm ashamed to be Irish" sh1te whenever someone Irish assaults or kills someone not from Ireland.

There are bad bad ba$tards in every race, country and religion. That's the way it always has been and that's the way it always will be. Get used to it.

• Advertisement

Rays son will be thought to hate himself from an early age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

goochy wrote: »
    Rays son will be thought to hate himself from an early age

Does Ray have children? I don't think I've ever heard him mention them on air!!

Doesn't seem to mention as much these days - probably hates the son for being male. son will turn into a girl

sightband wrote: »
    the entire narrative was very disturbing. women’s aid are extreme in their views towards men, I can’t believe RTÉ allowed that spokesperson throw out a baseless throw away comment on how that murder suicide in cavan was somehow attributed to male domestic violence. that man was deranged and extremely ill, mental illness had no part in that discussion.

as for a texter saying he feels ashamed to be a man, Id say he has a certain mental illness of his own. d’arcy is an absolute sham.

I turned off after he seemed to imply the other side of men abusing women was Gay men abusing men.

If he ever got around to women abusing men I was long gone but it.

Theres just something REALLY unhealthy going on in the media. It's practically man hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Theres just something REALLY unhealthy going on in the media. It's practically man hate.

Its not just the media it's social media to. There's way too much PC bull crap around now a days.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Briefly heard D'Arcy talking about the national anthem and how "a Hip Hop DJ" could make a version of the National Anthem in a Drum 'n Bass style....ignoring of course the fact that a Hip Hop DJ wouldn't play Drum 'n Bass as it's a completely different music style. He tries so hard to be down with the kids it's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

News about 6 minutes late today

jenny criticizing other women while watching Say yes to the dress - don't think shes in a position to criticise anyone if she looks in the mirror.

Ray tells Franc hes not cheap - wish Franc had said ' right back at you' - some cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Soon as I heard the content………………BANG off button hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert showed a clip of Ray Darcy's interview with Ivan Trump last Friday night on CBS in America

So Ray Darcy is a global star now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement