Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

gamecube wrote: »
    The Late Show with Stephen Colbert showed a clip of Ray Darcy's interview with Ivan Trump last Friday night on CBS in America

So Ray Darcy is a global star now!

He'll he telling everyone how he "went viral". On the phone to Youtube tomorrow looking for his royalties. He's obsessed with how much royalties everyone else gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    He'll he telling everyone how he "went viral". On the phone to Youtube tomorrow looking for his royalties. He's obsessed with how much royalties everyone else gets.

Oh I suspect he'll "casually" drop it into conversation alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Briefly heard D'Arcy talking about the national anthem and how "a Hip Hop DJ" could make a version of the National Anthem in a Drum 'n Bass style....ignoring of course the fact that a Hip Hop DJ wouldn't play Drum 'n Bass as it's a completely different music style. He tries so hard to be down with the kids it's embarrassing.
    Word!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

gamecube wrote: »
    The Late Show with Stephen Colbert showed a clip of Ray Darcy's interview with Ivan Trump last Friday night on CBS in America

So Ray Darcy is a global star now!

I wonder if that was the same night that Saoirse Ronan's scheduled to be on Late Show or next nite, as he will be insufferable if he ever recalls the story with her on either of his 'shows' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Phat Dick

Rays friend Erica has a problem with the Windows on her forever home, they are TEN years old. Will he have her back on the show to discuss this scandal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Phat Dick wrote: »
    Rays friend Erica has a problem with the Windows on her forever home, they are TEN years old. Will he have her back on the show to discuss this scandal ?

It’s the Governments fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

metoo blah blah taylor swift some dj dont know where great research ray...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

metoo blah blah taylor swift some dj dont know where great research ray...

Ray never struck me as being particularly bright, or talented but I never realised how utterly thick the man is until that opener today. He spends a good 5 to 10 minutes gushing over time magazines choice of people of the year for 2017 being all these women who have outed alleged sex pests and what not and that whole #metoo toss. Grand, so he’s a big admirer of Times magazines choice for people of the year and values their choice as a very worthy accolade. But he then proceeds to spend the next five minutes ripping the piss out of Donald Trump for all sorts of “I’ve heard Trump...blah blah blah”....this same Trump being Time magazines person of the year in 2016. Is he really that thick that he can’t see the hypocrisy and contradiction in what he was praising 2 minutes before that?

sightband wrote: »
    Ray never struck me as being particularly bright, or talented but I never realised how utterly thick the man is until that opener today. He spends a good 5 to 10 minutes gushing over time magazines choice of people of the year for 2017 being all these women who have outed alleged sex pests and what not and that whole #metoo toss. Grand, so he’s a big admirer of Times magazines choice for people of the year and values their choice as a very worthy accolade. But he then proceeds to spend the next five minutes ripping the piss out of Donald Trump for all sorts of “I’ve heard Trump...blah blah blah”....this same Trump being Time magazines person of the year in 2016. Is he really that thick that he can’t see the hypocrisy and contradiction in what he was praising 2 minutes before that?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

the thicker people are the ones in today fm and rte who think/ thought he has some talent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

goochy wrote: »
    the thicker people are the ones in today fm and rte who think/ thought he has some talent.

it’s all down to cronyism within the small circle of friends and colleagues in higher places getting these frauds positions that they don’t belong in, RTÉ and their recruitment to senior broadcasting positions is the Peter principle personified, Tubridy and D’arcy being the main offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Phat Dick

The reason Darcy landed such a high paid gig at RTE is that two of his best friends (Jim Jennings & William O Reilly) are on the RTE Executive board.

it’s all down to cronyism within the small circle of friends and colleagues in higher places getting these frauds positions that they don’t belong in, RTÉ and their recruitment to senior broadcasting positions is the Peter principle personified, Tubridy and D’arcy being the main offenders.

Don’t forget Joe Duffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

goochy wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to mention as much these days - probably hates the son for being male. son will turn into a girl

Or Gender Fluid :confused:

Hypocrisy seems to be rayofsunshine's middle name, as don't forget Enda Kenny's front cover too :rolleyes:

kenny-time.jpg
    But Enda was disappointed in Ray's "If he ever becomes Taoiseach, i'll leave the country"

enda-kenny-46-752x501.jpg

Honestly, they're all muppets :P;)

time-magazine-enda-kenny-ireland-on-the-dole.jpg?w=840

Darcy asks Mary Black is Rathlin Island, where her Dad came from, off the coast of Armagh... THE COAST of ARMAGH!!! At over €500K pa this man doesn’t even have elementary knowledge of the map and counties of his own island, what a 10 year old child is expected to know.

Darcy asks Mary Black is Rathlin Island, where her Dad came from, off the coast of Armagh... THE COAST of ARMAGH!!! At over €500K pa this man doesn’t even have elementary knowledge of the map and counties of his own island, what a 10 year old child is expected to know.

Heard that one, Armagh,county with no coastline!!

Apart from Lough Neagh.

Would tom do what Vincent Browne did - go on as his guest even if u don't like him and take the piss out of him and really show up his incompetence.

by the way I know you cant see through radio but anyone else think Mary Black is one hot mama ? <Mod snip.>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Phat Dick wrote: »
    The reason Darcy landed such a high paid gig at RTE is that two of his best friends (Jim Jennings & William O Reilly) are on the RTE Executive board.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/willie-o-reilly-to-leave-rte-1.3320135

One of Rays friends gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I wonder why they didnt win XFactor.....Christ

statto25 wrote: »
    I wonder why they didnt win XFactor.....Christ

Soon as I heard the intro Stattser.....................squuuuuuelch.

Nah mate.

• Advertisement

Erica fleming has no fireplace - cant she not help moaning even in jest ?? !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I guess as long as people keep tuning in and listening to it, including regular posters on this forum, even though it seems that these posters don't like the show, and in particular Ray D'Arcy, the show will continue to be able to attract advertising, and Ray D'Arcy will more than likely, continue to be able to get such a salary.

I guess the producers of the show don't really mind if people in this forum are constantly complaining about Ray D'Arcy, because they are still listening to the show. It would be worse for the programme makers and the presenter, if people who complain about the show, didn't listen to the show at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

D'Arcy really gets on my wick with his faux "embarrassment as a man" during these domestic abuse things, and the inference that all men should feel similarly. Could you imagine if he had a Traveller on and asked them if they were embarrassed about criminal activity within their community? Or if they had a migrant in, and asked them if they were embarrassed by all the migrants sponging off the system? You see there is one standard for white males, and another rule for everybody else.

I haven't sexually, physically or mentally abused anybody. So D'Arcy, you can be "embarrassed as a man" for yourself if you want, but don't apologise on my behalf.

just caught a VERY SMALL bit of his tv show , surprise surprise he was crap at Jenca and beaten by Dermot. love Dermot Bannon - so honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I remember as a kid thinking what a no-personality, plank Ray was on Blackboard jungle. Just read the same lines episode after episode, and in the words of Johnny Carson, he couldn't improvise a fart. No warmth, vain, a bit thick...Jesus, Alan Partridge would thrive in RTE!

Ray can give out about society / government once more - wonder does he donate much of his 500k to charity ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

Does ray still get emails from people with tears streaming down their face and people dancing around kitchen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Does ray still get emails from people with tears streaming down their face and people dancing around kitchen ?

Truck drivers crying in their lorries

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Six foot truck drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Cheap fecker D'arcy buying boxes of wine for presents, also why does he change his voice when he says "glass of wine"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement