Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think he meant a bottle in a box. The box cost another fiver so he got a bottle without a box and put it in a fancy bag. I'd be with him on that one in fairness..

Larry Gogan. Another staffer interview

"ON SPOTIFY.. ON SPOTIFY.. ON SPOTIFY.."

He must be on a retainer from them. Spotify is mentioned about 10 times a day whenever I listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,439 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

sligojoek wrote: »
    "ON SPOTIFY.. ON SPOTIFY.. ON SPOTIFY.."

He must be on a retainer from them. Spotify is mentioned about 10 times a day whenever I listen.

He's probably mastered how to work the buttons on Spotify and he's so proud of his achievement he can't stop talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Cheap fecker D'arcy buying boxes of wine for presents, also why does he change his voice when he says "glass of wine"

He was the same last year, when he'd heard Conor Pope talk about the Amazon Fire at half-price & tried to get the staff them for xmas, he sadly/gladly failed ;)
    I think he meant a bottle in a box. The box cost another fiver so he got a bottle without a box and put it in a fancy bag. I'd be with him on that one in fairness..

If he'd seen the BA thread, as well as this one ;)
    Surely he would he quids in with Baileys in a Box 2FOR20 @ Supervalu :D

Btw: I saw the cover of the Xmas RTE Guide with Tubs & Sharon, it says Christmas starts here, i thought it was when the Toyshow was on?

I think it's when Ray D'arcy is off air & thank god for (5ft) small mercies that he's not on the Guide himself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Nationwide had a whole show about Twink,who's is in to the baking now. Must have a book coming out- zip up yer oul Bikkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Truck drivers crying in their lorries

No he stopped reading out the texts messages he was receiving from the crying truck drivers.

Once it was pointed out to him that his crusade against people who might drink 2 pints and drive a few miles home wasnt compatible with him encouraging texts from drivers with tears in their eyes and in charge of a 40t vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

he hasn't been looking for peoples hats lately ? how is anyone going to find there lost things now ? valuable public service broadcasting .

Talking to a caller in the USA.

"Is it morning or evening over there?"

Here's a clue. It's between 5 and 8 hrs behind,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

Its hard to believe but in the early to mid 00s, the young 20 something celtic tiger generation thought Darcy was a cool dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,489 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Its hard to believe but in the early to mid 00s, the young 20 something celtic tiger generation thought Darcy was a cool dude.

Not suited to big person radio, that's the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Not suited to big person radio, that's the problem

Do you mean the young mid 20 celtic tiger generation are not "suited to big person radio"?

What's "big person radio"?

Are people who are "hardly in the full limelight now surely" allowed on "big person radio"?

Do you meant the young mid 20 celtic tiger generation are not "suited to big person radio"?

Are people who are "hardly in the full limelight now surely" allowed on "big person radio"?

Horse!

Is it yourself, welcome back,if that is appropriate.

I’ll have to think a bit about my response, bit shaky right now.

Is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Do you meant the young mid 20 celtic tiger generation are not "suited to big person radio"?

Correct

Horse!

Is it yourself, welcome back,if that is appropriate.

I’ll have to think a bit about my response, bit shaky right now.

Is that ok?

Thank you kindly for your welcome Brendan Bendar. What has you a "bit shaky"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"This time next week it will all be over".
    That's the spirit, Ray. What an unmitigated miserable killjoy you really are. Could you imagine anybody wanting to spend Christmas with this man?

Great groupthink echo chamber session going on. Funny how all the heroes of the year are people who were on the show at some stage.

Great groupthink echo chamber session going on. Funny how all the heroes of the year are people who were on the show at some stage.

A bit like people in this forum repeatedly moaning about Ray D'Arcy but still listening to the show every day.

A bit like people in this forum repeatedly moaning about Ray D'Arcy but still listening to the show every day.

Far from it Horse.

While you're here tell us some of his redeeming qualities. See if you can convert us.

Far from it Horse.

While you're here tell us some of his redeeming qualities. See if you can convert us.

I'm not trying to convert anyone.

I made the point before, that by continuing to listen to the show, and comment about it, that, that is helping the show - because it doesn't really matter to the programme makers, if the people commenting don't like the show, and don't like the presenter, as long as they keep listening.

It doesn't really matter to the presenter or the shows producers and researchers, as long as the people commenting are listening to it, and contributing to the listenership figures, which in turn helps the show attract advertising, which helps keep the show going.

I don't listen to it. I might get the first or last five mins after Liveline and before the news. The only time I'd listen other than that is if I'm working in someone's house and they have it on. Otherwise I turn him off and play music instead. There's enough misery on Liveline without him grabbing the torch and running with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i never listen to it, but i fckn love this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

i never listen to it, but i fckn love this thread!!

If you think this thread is good, you should try Da Lahv Lahn Thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

If you think this thread is good, you should try Da Lahv Lahn Thread!

the thing about the lahv lahn thread, is that you really need to listen to the show when reading it. although the very very odd time i've heard the show, i could pretty much guess what's been said on the thread. if only more people called liveline when they're near something that would cause interference!

My lunch break is a moveable feast <see what I did there?>. It could be any time between half one and three. It suits me to listen to Duffy and have the crack on the thread if I have internet. I prefer music to talking when I'm working. If I don't hear Liveline the thread is good to find if there's anything worth listening back to.

the thing about the lahv lahn thread, is that you really need to listen to the show when reading it. although the very very odd time i've heard the show, i could pretty much guess what's been said on the thread. if only more people called liveline when they're near something that would cause interference!

If you read the thread , you can pretty much guess what's on the show. :D

"This time next week it will all be over".
    That's the spirit, Ray. What an unmitigated miserable killjoy you really are. Could you imagine anybody wanting to spend Christmas with this man?

Well, after being battered and bombarded by Xmas advertising and themes since the end of October,been forced to endure every half arsed expert telling you not to panic when cooking for the 'big day',Being confronted with wall to wall products and gifts and 'bargains and Muzak and fcukers coming home for a half day......maybe he has a point.!!!!

Well, after being battered and bombarded by Xmas advertising and themes since the end of October,been forced to endure every half arsed expert telling you not to panic when cooking for the 'big day',Being confronted with wall to wall products and gifts and 'bargains and Muzak and fcukers coming home for a half day......maybe he has a point.!!!!

He's winning you over!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I wonder did Ray donate his refund

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

How many times has Darcy plugged the “Hand your IW refund over to three charities CEO’s” project?

• Advertisement

How many times has Darcy plugged the “Hand your IW refund over to three charities CEO’s” project?

Not listening but wondering and wondering about this?

The water protestors seemed to keep insisting that it wasn’t a “money issue” so I am a bit puzzled that none of the bullhorn brigade,or the media chaps suggested that those who didn’t pay their charges donate what they should have paid to the homeless charities they all seem to be so concerned about.

Just a thought………………………hmmmm.

Seems strange to this poster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement