Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

I'd guess long winded drab posts with numerous 'links' that nobody reads,followed by the inevitable edit.

They have a cream for the condition though...

Vanishing cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I hope Lisa is ready for a lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I hope Lisa is ready for a lecture.

how did you let yourself get that fat? I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

jelutong wrote: »
    Vanishing cream.

We can but hope.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

jelutong wrote: »
    Vanishing cream.
    We can but hope.....

Great responses from you both, not at all off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Great responses from you both, not at all off topic.

From post # 1 of this thread it states the following.

In this thread, Ray D'Arcy's much-publicised move from one national radio station to the national, state (i.e.tax-payer)-funded broadcaster. Then there are the additional controversies surrounding the circumstances of the move. Of course that's going to be discussed. It's relevant to the show, its production and most importantly the listenership. It's also within the confines of the charter.

On top of that, we have discussion of the other aspects of the show such as the presenter, show participants and all of the other attendant parts of the show. That's also perfectly in line with the charter.

None of the above discussion goes against the charter.

So therefore I dont understand how you can call people out for being off topic. This whole thread is being made tiresome. I am only 1 more link dump post away from somebody to unfollowing it.

In this thread, Ray D'Arcy's much-publicised move from one national radio station to the national, state (i.e.tax-payer)-funded broadcaster. Then there are the additional controversies surrounding the circumstances of the move. Of course that's going to be discussed. It's relevant to the show, its production and most importantly the listenership. It's also within the confines of the charter.

On top of that, we have discussion of the other aspects of the show such as the presenter, show participants and all of the other attendant parts of the show. That's also perfectly in line with the charter.

So therefore I dont understand how you can call people out for being off topic. This whole thread is being made tiresome. I am only 1 more link dump post away from somebody to unfollowing it.

At the risk of being topical 'Me Too'

If you had bothered to think about what I had written, in my post that you quoted, you would have realised that I was responding to insulting, ignorant and immature comments made against me, by Brendan Bendar and jelutong, that had no relevance to any type of discussion about the Ray D'Arcy radio show.

What relevance does Brendan Bendar's comment "They have a cream for the condition though... " and jelutong's response "Vanishing cream", and then Brendan Bendar's reply "We can but hope..... ", have, to the radio show?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105850639&postcount=7733

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105859849&postcount=7742

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105860404&postcount=7745

But fair play to you for endorsing the first comment, by jelutong, an off topic remark, that resulted in the above three posts by Brendan Bendar and jelutong - a comment that has no relevance to any type of discussion about the Ray D'Arcy radio show:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105833181&postcount=7729

It is interesting to note, that jelutong's comment was posted after I asked someone, who called a guest on the show a "complete nobody", what exactly this poster would define, as a "complete nobody". This poster made this comment, when I responded to this poster, who was complaining about the length of time given to the Lisa McInerney interview, compared to the length of time Eddi Reader featured on the show.

I had replied to this complaint by showing that the Ray D'Arcy show usually features a main interview each day, that is similar in length to the Lisa McInerney interview. The example I gave was when Phil Coulter was on the show on 15th November 2017, and the item was around 30 minutes in length. I also gave the example of Talkback BBC Radio Ulster, that regularly has a main interview on each day's show, which can last around 40 minutes in length. I gave the example of Talkback on BBC Radio Ulster, because it is also 90 minutes in length, and often has one or two other discussions on the show, after the main item for debate has concluded.

This comparison, of the running order, of two different daily radio shows - both of which are 90 minutes in length - is, I contend, more relevant to the discussion about Ray D'Arcy's radio show, than calling an interviewee, a "complete nobody".

Is calling a guest on the show a "complete nobody", "perfectly in line with the charter"?

I consider what I wrote about the two radio shows regarding the scheduling of guests on the shows, more relevant to a discussion about the Ray D'Arcy radio show, than the constant bitchy, snide comments by posters, about Ray D'Arcy, and guests on the show.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105826709&postcount=7717

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105828087&postcount=7721

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105832930&postcount=7728

It sounds very likely, that the poster who called Lisa McInerney a "complete nobody", did not know anything about her, before hearing her interview on the show. That doesn't mean that this poster has any entitlement, to insult Lisa McInerney, by calling her a "complete nobody".

The points I made, are more relevant, and on topic, than the comment by a poster who is curious to learn about the taste of Ray D'Arcy's arse, another off topic remark that received your endorsement.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105818965&postcount=7695

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Horseburger,

I am going to hold up my hands here and admit you are correct. I was going to PM you but to be fair to you, I should post it here.
    I'm am not making excuses, but due to tiredness and job stress I did not view the post you made in context and I simply put a comment directed towards you and I was being a hypocrite at the same time.
    I did not fully look at the context of those comments and thought they were referring to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you cant have it all something suffers they are deluding themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

will all the stories be pro abortion?

another slap on the knuckles from the BAI coming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Horseburger,

I am going to hold up my hands here and admit you are correct. I was going to PM you but to be fair to you, I should post it here.
    I'm am not making excuses, but due to tiredness and job stress I did not view the post you made in context and I simply put a comment directed towards you and I was being a hypocrite at the same time.
    I did not fully look at the context of those comments and thought they were referring to something else.

I'm confused, can you clarify one thing? Did you sober up or were you very drunk when you posted this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How is it possible that the news from lyric fm can come in over the interview with nevin maquire. Amateurs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

vicwatson wrote: »
    How is it possible that the news from lyric fm can come in over the interview with nevin maquire. Amateurs

Ray at the buttons. ANYTHING can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It's 4 ó clock and instead of going to the news he introduces someone who is going to sing a song,he must do it on purpose to piss off the newsroom

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

5 Minutes late with An Nuacht again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's 4 ó clock and instead of going to the news he introduces someone who is going to sing a song,he must do it on purpose to piss off the newsroom

Just came to post that.
    At three seconds to 4 he says we'll be late with the Nuacht. Then he puts on the singer. After all that he then ballsed up the introduction to An Nuacht five minutes later and had to start again. He's some tulip alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why didn't he cut Neven McGuire off a bit sooner? It's not like he never gets plugged interviewed on RTE. There's nothing about him we don't already know. He's a nice lad and all that but The restaurant, Imelda, the twins, Blacklion etc. We've heard it all before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

4 mins late and he made a balls of his "as Gaelige" intro as well!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ray at the buttons. ANYTHING can happen.

But lyric fm and in the radio one studio?

And the other day Duffy pressed a button for a song mid sentence that turned out as being the first one on the Darcy show. Bunch of amateurs.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why didn't he cut Neven McGuire off a bit sooner? It's not like he never gets plugged interviewed on RTE. There's nothing about him we don't already:rolleyes: know. He's a nice lad and all that but The restaurant, Imelda, the twins, Blacklion etc. We've heard it all before.

Agreed, rinse repeat, not like RTÉ are known for doing that though:rolleyes: :P

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why didn't he cut Neven McGuire off a bit sooner? It's not like he never gets plugged interviewed on RTE. There's nothing about him we don't already know. He's a nice lad and all that but The restaurant, Imelda, the twins, Blacklion etc. We've heard it all before.

I didn't know he liked Tina Turner's music. I hadn't heard that before.

You can't really speak for everyone, unless you know for sure, that whoever it is that you are referencing, when you say "We've heard it all before", already knew that he likes Tina Turner.

He has good taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

He didn’t have the number for alone but interviewed them for a hour
    Do some research you baldy untalented over paid prick

Ray doesn't really like Joanne McNally does he.

Ray doesn't really like Joanne McNally does he.
    Jaysus, would you blame him....selfish comes to mind

That accent:eek:

I look arreaund....

Jaysus, would you blame him....selfish comes to mind.

And it's not like Ray to be judgmental :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Jaysus, would you blame him....selfish comes to mind

That accent:eek:

I look arreaund....

Like a Ross O Carroll-Kelly character

threein99 wrote: »
    Like a Ross O Carroll-Kelly character

"Yahh unlass they are pragnant".

Worse, much much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I lost faith in her when she said 'I did some research on the internet'. There are so many other places you can do research.

• Advertisement

It's amazing the lengths that some artists go to to save on the cost of a drummer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement