Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Expunge wrote: »
    I hope that TV gig to be fronted by D'Arcy will be something of the standard of
    'Superstar Dogs' - now that was a high water mark for public service broadcasting in Ireland.:rolleyes:

Why would you hope that? Surely you would want a higher standard of programming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

I was being ironic.

Of course it was crap, and summed up D'arcy for me as the rubbish presenter he is. Although, it must be said the format was also wojus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I was being ironic.

Of course it was crap, and summed up D'arcy for me as the rubbish presenter he is. Although, it must be said the format was also wojus.

I also was forced to watch it in work. :) Thankfully I am a fan of D'arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I hope that TV gig to be fronted by D'Arcy will be something of the standard of
    'Superstar Dogs' - now that was a high water mark for public service broadcasting in Ireland.:rolleyes:

There's plenty of ideas for programmes that would be a lot better than Superstar Dogs. I'd like to see Ray present a broad range of entertainment programmes, such a "Monkey Tennis", "Inner City Sumo", "Cooking in Prison" or my particular favourite, "Youth Hosteling with Ray D'Arcy and Chris Eubank".

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I also was forced to watch it in work. :)
    That's becoming a tired and grating old line at this stage, Gits.

A bit like Ray D'Arcy's opening monologues. :)

• Advertisement

That's becoming a tired and grating old line at this stage, Gits.

A bit like Ray D'Arcy's opening monologues. :)

My job requires me to plug earphones in and listen to the radio and also I have no choice but to watch RTE too. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

GB, you complain about everybody criticising Ray D'Arcy but you're quite clearly trolling when you refuse to see any bad side to his presenting.

My job requires me to plug earphones in and listen to the radio and also I have no choice but to watch RTE too

Well then, I must apologise.
    I thought it was a dig at those of us who choose from time to time to listen/watch the State Broadcaster for which we pay.

I chose to watch 'Superstar Dogs' and it was a mistake.

GB, you complain about everybody criticising Ray D'Arcy but you're quite clearly trolling when you refuse to see any bad side to his presenting.

No, I have criticised some things in the past but I'm not a broken record thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Thankfully I am a fan of D'arcy.

Really??? I would never have guessed? :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Mr Whale wrote: »
    Is it any good at all? Is it worth tuning into?

Yes, it's a good show IMHO but the new time slot doesn't really suit so I rarely get to listen to a full show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Is it any good at all? Is it worth tuning into?

Almost the same as his Today FM show but with less music.

Never have the chance to listen to morning radio at all. I remember him from the den years ago

If you like easy going light hearted radio where you find yourself laughing then this is the show for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If you like easy going light hearted radio where you find yourself laughing then this is the show for you.
    Yeah. That abortion story last week was a hoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ray's daughter is picking his clothes for him this week, it will be funny for the listeners to see what she comes up with...oh wait, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There's plenty of ideas for programmes that would be a lot better than Superstar Dogs. I'd like to see Ray present a broad range of entertainment programmes, such a "Monkey Tennis", "Inner City Sumo", "Cooking in Prison" or my particular favourite, "Youth Hosteling with Ray D'Arcy and Chris Eubank".

Nomination for "Under-appreciated Post of the Thread Award".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why would you have to ask their financial director to give your opinion.

Do you believe? I'm not asking for a fact.
    There's a world of difference between opinion and fact. Personally I prefer to give opinions on things that are subjective, like the merits of a film or some music.

Whereas, on something that can actually be proven with facts and figures I'd prefer not to pull a figure out of my árse, as it were.

Aggy McKenzie has also made the trip over from Marconi house

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

All I'm hearing is a depressed sounding presenter struggling hugely with basic interviews

who is this woman and why should we care that she likes Elvis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

Jeez Radio 1 really is Radio 1 isn't it ??? can't see Ray bringing much over with him unless they're of a certain age. His yeah yeah yeah right right right responses can't mask the boredom he is clearly feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Right - this solves lots of questions.

Clearly you're listening to a completely different show to everyone else. As this isn't light-hearted or humorous in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

The start of that song is just like "I would rather go blind"

... actually the rest of it is too, just a speeded up version. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I could only take about 10 mins of Elvis section. Did it get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

honeybear wrote: »
    I could only take about 10 mins of Elvis section. Did it get any better?

You lasted 9 mins longer than me ;)

same here, I left the building a few minutes in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What was all the talk about Elvis for anyway? Has he died or something?

What was all the talk about Elvis for anyway? Has he died or something?

he's been found living in a flat in Tuam

L1011 wrote: »
    Right - this solves lots of questions.

Clearly you're listening to a completely different show to everyone else. As this isn't light-hearted or humorous in the slightest.

Solves lots of questions? How do you solve a question?

Anyways, you're clearly blinkered by your pre determined view. I often find myself laughing throughout the show and he has lots of light hearted topics. And sometimes the serious topics have to be faced head on too.

How much does it cost to text into the show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Solves lots of questions?

How much does it cost to text into the show?

If your a six foot trucker in tears in the kitchen its free, but otherwise it's 7cent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement