Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Humanist sodomisers

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Humanist sodomisers
    I didn't mishear that then ? Bai complaints incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't mishear that then ? Bai complaints incoming.

I heard it too. He definitely said Sodomisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Does Ray ever have Tommy Tiernan on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

another discussion about children and sick children. we dont care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Way too soft from D'Arcy. I feel sorry for her but she is floundering around looking for everything in the world to blame for her taking drugs. The estate, the social inequality, her friends, being jealous of other people going to trinity. None of which validates her CHOICE to start taking heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

no sympathy what so ever , that's the problem with the lower classes - no responsibility taken - everyone elses fault.
    I am working class and wouldn't have minded going to trinity but only have myself to blame for not

we all go through tough times , do we all take the easy way out ? no because some of us have a bit of strength of character and don't take easy option

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She got very agitated attacking the texter who basically told her to take responsibility for her actions.

" do you want me to come and clean your toilet for ye"

Being addicted to drugs must be awful, but in the vast majority of cases, no-one is forced to start taking them. It's your own choice, and if you think your life is going to be better on drugs, then that's your choice too. You're wrong of course, but don't blame the world when your life turns to sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

NIMAN wrote: »
    She got very agitated attacking the texter who basically told her to take responsibility for her actions.

" do you want me to come and clean your toilet for ye"

Being addicted to drugs must be awful, but in the vast majority of cases, no-one is forced to start taking them. It's your own choice, and if you think your life is going to be better on drugs, then that's your choice too. You're wrong of course, but don't blame the world when your life turns to sh1t.

The texter was spot on, hope she does well, but blaming other people for her situation is ridiculous,and getting aggressive doesn’t help her either.

Seems to have a large chip on her shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Way too soft from D'Arcy. I feel sorry for her but she is floundering around looking for everything in the world to blame for her taking drugs. The estate, the social inequality, her friends, being jealous of other people going to trinity. None of which validates her CHOICE to start taking heroin.
    Spot on.
    If anything growing up in a deprived area should be the greatest eye-opener as to the dangers of drugs.
    You don't have to wait around such an area for too long before some poor unfortunate comes shuffling along with a voice like a clapped out moped.

Who in their right mind would make a conscious decision to start taking drugs when the end result is pretty much inevitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Spot on.
    If anything growing up in a deprived area should be the greatest eye-opener as to the dangers of drugs.
    You don't have to wait around such an area for too long before some poor unfortunate comes shuffling along with a voice like a clapped out moped.

Who in their right mind would make a conscious decision to start taking drugs when the end result is pretty much inevitable?

Its OK for youse to say dat with yer fancy car and yer fancy house and hired help to clean yer jacks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

According to the Sunday Times RTE Radio is looking for a sponsor for The Ray D'Arcy Show. The amount involved is €270,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jelutong wrote: »
    According to the Sunday Times RTE Radio is looking for a sponsor for The Ray D'Arcy Show. The amount involved is €270,000.

Fools and their money....

How about Michael Lyster stays and you f**k off Ray. I don't think anybody would have a problem with that.

Ray goes to his fathers months mind , what a hypocrite - wish priest told to him to f off .

goochy wrote: »
    Ray goes to his fathers months mind , what a hypocrite - wish priest told to him to f off .

I don’t like Ray D’Arcy, or his radio and TV shows .....and that’s an understatement.

But whether he’s a church goer or an aethiest its perfectly understandable he’d want to go to his fathers months mind. No matter what you think or say about him I’d imagine he loved his Dad deeply . Not a nice comment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Agreed.

I've no time for the church myself but there are times like funerals , weddings etc when I have no problem going.

whatever sweet Maggie ! the fact is he hates the church and went to a church - I rest my case. ! hypocrite

goochy wrote: »
    whatever sweet Maggie ! the fact is he hates the church and went to a church - I rest my case. ! hypocrite

he's entitled to a bit of respect to grieve for his father and remember him in whatever way he chooses. That's all I was saying.

We are all hypocrites to some degree. We all seek the comfort of things we were raised with and traditions when life is tough even though we might no longer practice or believe in these traditions.

He probably did it for his Dad too regardless of how he feels about the Church.

I'm like Ray in my religious beliefs these days but sought the comfort of the traditional church and "God" when my daughter died. Some things are not black and white. I rest my case.

I know where you are coming from , I don't go to mass regularly and go to funerals but I don't go on national radio to vilify the church.

we are all hypocrites I agree , I was just pointing his hypocrisy - will he go back to knocking the church when time settles after the funeral ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Does Ray vilify the church? When did he do this? If so, I'm shocked that he expressed a strong opinion on anything, and didn't just keep his mouth shut and take his paycheck!

church and government bashing - a light entertainment show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

4.01 - Ray decides it's time for a song. Ignorant!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The biggest surprise of all is that apparently some people take his views seriously.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Very sorry to read about your daughter Sweetmaggie

pc7 wrote: »
    Very sorry to read about your daughter Sweetmaggie

Ah God thanks :o ...... it’s going back years pc7........but just made me think we all need religion at some stage and everyone’s experience of loss and bereavement is personal so not up for slagging off on forums ...................but everything else about Ray is !!:D

Is there anything that you can take to get over the depression of listening to Ray D'Arcy?

at least he makes us all feel a bit more intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The mother of an 11 year old child text in today saying even her child was sick of his anti-church crusade

• Advertisement

seriously ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement