Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ten Pin wrote: »

It's only 95c anyway, I've been buying their brand for a few years can't say I would notice the difference between it and other brands except the price.
    Not sure I'd be bothered going out of my way for 95c unless I happened to be in SV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Church bashing and alcohol bashing takes up the first 15 minutes of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Only three minutes late for An Nuacht today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mountain

Turned on just before 4 and the ads were on, then ray says, we have to get another ad break in before the nuacht, he reads a few texts then back to ads.

Producers fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

why don't we all give up alcohol and become as dull as Ray ( I know hes not a pioneer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Church bashing and alcohol bashing takes up the first 15 minutes of the show

Church bashing takes up most of every show. Is it just the catholics he doesn’t like or every religion? Either way he is a state broadcaster and he’s not paid to have an opinion so I wish he’d stop shoving his down or throats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Church bashing takes up most of every show. Is it just the catholics he doesn’t like or every religion? Either way he is a state broadcaster and he’s not paid to have an opinion so I wish he’d stop shoving his down or throats!!

To be fair, him and Joe Duffy basically use their shows like their own personal soapbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Is it just the catholics he doesn’t like or every religion?

just the catholics because it wouldnt be PC to be hammering the Muslims & teh religon of "peace"

Guess who Ray has on his show today?

The world porridge making champion.

NIMAN wrote: »

I thought Ray held that honour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Oat Cuisine.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭amlinopta

jelutong wrote: »
    Oat Cuisine.

6,000 listeners down in the latest JNLR book and still no sign of a sponsor. Can the world porridge making champion help stem the tide?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

amlinopta wrote: »
    6,000 listeners down in the latest JNLR book and still no sign of a sponsor. Can the world porridge making champion help stem the tide?

What's his total now?

Given it's coming up on his third anniversary on the station, maybe it's time to take a wee look at his trend...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    What's his total now?

Given it's coming up on his third anniversary on the station, maybe it's time to take a wee look at his trend...

207,000. That's just 2,000 less than Ronan Collins.

Thats pathetic figures for a guy who they pay so highly.

amlinopta wrote: »
    207,000. That's just 2,000 less than Ronan Collins.

So he's more or less equal to what he was bringing in on Today FM (I believe he left on 212,000) and is up a nice bit on Mooney (I believe Mooney left on 170,000).

Figures off the top of my head, open to correction obviously. But I think he's been a moderate success in the slot if those are anyway close to accurate.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So he's more or less equal to what he was bringing in on Today FM (I believe he left on 212,000) and is up a nice bit on Mooney (I believe Mooney left on 170,000).

Figures off the top of my head, open to correction obviously. But I think he's been a moderate success in the slot if those are anyway close to accurate.

They could have got moderate success a whole lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is-It-Beer-Time-Yet-Funny-Meme.jpg

They could have got moderate success a whole lot cheaper.

Maybe so, I'm no here to defend D'Arcy by any stretch, it's just important not to get carried away when a JNLR book shows a dip in listeners.

jenny must be the producer , more feminist men bashing crap - he doesn't mention men been beaten up by women much.
    assume Ray will profess yet again to being ashamed to be a man . think he should be more ashamed being paid so much. The fact his figures are quite low for Ràdio 1 when not much else is on says it all - love newstalk but refuse to listen to moncrief.

• Advertisement

He has David McSavage on de telly tomorrow night. That could be good

sligojoek wrote: »
    He has David McSavage on de telly tomorrow night. That could be good

McSavage is Savage - yay ;)

met savage on street before a show - was asking him about Darcy - surprisingly he likes Darcy - mustn't want to say anything bad about him as he has him on show

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Porridge making on a Friday afternoon

what a boring boring man

Three ad breaks rammed into a couple of minutes before Nuacht which was almost five minutes late. Shocking production values the likes of which you wouldn't find on a community station. Is Jenny still on board the RTE gravy train at this stage? Free 1kg of porridge in Supervalu tomorrow as per the Bargain Alerts forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

RTE bringing back Ray Darcy was like putting a grenade into the offices at Today fm

They have never recovered from it, Dermot & Dave are 50,000 listeners down on what Ray had in the same time slot

It helped 2fm a hell of a lot by bringing him back to RTE

And lastly I am going to admit.....I like the guy! I always have & i always will!

And you guys must like him too since you are listening to him every single day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

gamecube wrote: »
    RTE bringing back Ray Darcy was like putting a grenade into the offices at Today fm

They have never recovered from it, Dermot & Dave are 50,000 listeners down on what Ray had in the same time slot

It helped 2fm a hell of a lot by bringing him back to RTE

And lastly I am going to admit.....I like the guy! I always have & i always will!

And you guys must like him too since you are listening to him every single day!

They'll try to assure you that what they are engaging in, is impartial critical analysis!:)

They'll try to convince you that the radio is on in the background, that they didn't make a point of tuning in. That's how they are able to scrutinize, each day, how late the Nuacht is.

Mod: Guys, for Christ sake let's not go through the "Well why don't you just turn off!" bickering pissing contest. It's Friday, and I can't be dealing with that sh*te. Nobody has to defend why they listen to a show, and saying "Just turn off!" is not only not allowed under the forum charter, it's also a pretty lame rebuttal to criticism. So just drop that there please.

• Advertisement

Porridge making on a Friday afternoon

what a boring boring man

What, in your view, should the programme makers have had on, instead of that item?

You claim that he is "a boring boring man", as if you seem to think, that Ray D'Arcy, and Ray D'Arcy alone, decides, what is featured on the show, each day.

What's wrong with making porridge?

Jamie Oliver doesn't consider it boring:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement