Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

I'm glad to hear that. I thought he was demoted to " himself", which would take away all his self worth. A person's name is very important. Never use words like "himself" or " herself".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    Brenda Donohue today.

I suppose it's better than listening to Katherine Thomas going on about "Himself" and "their" pregnancy

She's on today talking about doing exercises during pregnancy.
    Pat is himself's name

I think it's Padraic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

On about eating too much...again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Imagine walking down the beach after getting good news like that and mr misery arrives on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

"Call it after yer man on the radio.... He's full of sh1te too"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I'm glad to hear that. I thought he was demoted to " himself", which would take away all his self worth. A person's name is very important. Never use words like "himself" or " herself".

Wait til he starts calling KT "Er Indoors" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Is a big thing in Dublin, I've never noticed it anywhere else.
    Usually it's shortened to "he" or "she".

Sounds terrible either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thought Ray’s interview with the author talking about death was good

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ask him a few difficult questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Neil Prendeville did the best interview with Halawa on RedFM. The only Irish interviewer who was brave enough to question his obviously bullsh1t story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Neil Prendeville did the best interview with Halawa on RedFM. The only Irish interviewer who was brave enough to question his obviously bullsh1t story.

Can you include a link for the interview, or if you know the date it was broadcast, I'd say I can find it on the podcasts.

Edit:

here is an interview from last November:

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/november-24th-2017/

This video has some reaction to the interview:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Halawa said he was hunger strike for 85 days. Lol. He came back to Ireland fat ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

85 days on hunger strike ? Ah lads come on is there anyone in the media prepared to call him on his bs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Halawa said he was hunger strike for 85 days. Lol. He came back to Ireland fat ffs

Given how long he was incarcerated without trial, the two states are not exactly mutually exclusive are they?

Can you include a link for the interview, or if you know the date it was broadcast, I'd say I can find it on the podcasts.

Edit:

here is an interview from last November:

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/november-24th-2017/

I can do better than that. Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

what did Prenderville ask ?
    anyone I ask for their opinion on this - they don't buy his story - maybe we are just racist ?
    when I realised who his father is , made me think he must be his fathers son ? hes not lacking in confidence - not your typical 21 ?? year old

He hasn’t had counseling

I hate that phrase “mind yourself”. I have used it myself in the past, but, having been on the receiving end, I have stopped using it

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Whatever happened to the era of the objective presenter? More and more we have our radio presenters proudly waving around their politically correct credentials and refusing to challenge any of the left wingers who daily visit their studio. They are like an echo chamber for each other.

Matt Cooper has been inflicted with this mindset of late, which is annoying. It is far more annoying, however, to watch D'Arcy and his overpaid-from-the-public-purse ilk do the same. The minimum Darcy should be expected to do for his outrageous and exorbitant salary is to show a bit of balance. Fat chance. RTE will do nothing about it either no doubt, just continue to lose viewers, listeners and money whole moaning about the need for a tv licence increases.

Sometimes the “him” or “her” self has asked to be referred to that on a public forum like radio or Facebook as they don’t want to be known in any way publicly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

85 days on hunger strike ? Ah lads come on is there anyone in the media prepared to call him on his bs ?

There are some news items about hunger strikes, where the person on hunger strike has gone over 80 days without food, so perhaps it is possible to last 85 days?

It states in the items below, about journalist Mohammed al Qeeq, that he was on hunger strike for 94 days:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/05/israel-frees-palestinian-journalist-mohammed-al-qeek-160519141834952.html

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/685240951617415/

http://samidoun.net/2016/02/mohammed-al-qeeq-suspends-hunger-strike-in-agreement-after-94-days/

http://samidoun.net/2017/11/palestinian-journalist-mohammed-al-qeeq-released-from-israeli-prison/

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Beaten with iron bars daily and whipped with a steel chain ? Surely even the most pro Ibrahim supporter has to ask where are the marks, being beaten with iron bars daily and no broken bones he must be a man of steel in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Beaten with iron bars daily and whipped with a steel chain ? Surely even the most pro Ibrahim supporter has to ask where are the marks, being beaten with iron bars daily and no broken bones he must be a man of steel in that case

Not to mention no sign of any injury/scarring in the hand he was supposedly shot in....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He was only on strike between meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

When he brought up the subject of Irish hunger strikers ray dropped the subject like a hot spud.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

goochy wrote: »
    what did Prenderville ask ?
    anyone I ask for their opinion on this - they don't buy his story - maybe we are just racist ?
    when I realised who his father is , made me think he must be his fathers son ? hes not lacking in confidence - not your typical 21 ?? year old

Is this the guy who had the infamous plane journey a few years ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is this the guy who had the infamous plane journey a few years ago?

indeed it is, a few panadols and a snifter of sherry being the reason given for him deciding to have what’s sometimes referred to as a J. Arthur Rank whilst seated. it’s a good interview but I just can’t take prenderville seriously after that, how he got back on the airwaves is a mystery.

Whatever happened to the era of the objective presenter? More and more we have our radio presenters proudly waving around their politically correct credentials and refusing to challenge any of the left wingers who daily visit their studio. They are like an echo chamber for each other.

Even from the first line of the interview, you know who has done their homework and who wants to be a good, populist liberal.

In reference to the "holiday".

Ray D'Arcy: "And you were over there on a family holiday, just like you did every year".
    (i.e. accepted as fact)

Neil Prendeville: "You said you were 'visiting Cairo, when you are your sisters were caught up in an anti Government demo.. you took refuge in a downtown Mosque, and were seized by the Egyptian Security Forces' But that's not altogether true. You know, shur it's not really. If we could just maybe kill that one off? Like, you were there for about six weeks actively protesting"

The irony about Ibrahim Halawa is that he has always tried to portray himself as "an average normal Irish kid, with an O'Neill's football, no different from yourself", yet the media refuse to ask him any straight questions as they would of any other Irish person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

honeybear wrote: »
    I hate that phrase “mind yourself”. I have used it myself in the past, but, having been on the receiving end, I have stopped using it

Ryan T loves this phrase too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Not to mention no sign of any injury/scarring in the hand he was supposedly shot in....

He did show them to Ray on the show apparently , but obviously the listener didn't see this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement