Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

“Socio-Economic Class” as it’s termed. But with individuals it can be different parts Socio and Economic. As my mother’s lot used to say “you can’t buy class” ��

That’s for sure,’new money’ in other words as my mother used to say with relish,’you can’t make a silk purse out a sows ear’

Poor Raymond has demonstrated the truth in that auld saying in spades, in frikken spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That’s for sure,’new money’ in other words as my mother used to say with relish,’you can’t make a silk purse out a sows ear’

Poor Raymond has demonstrated the truth in that auld saying in spades, in frikken spades.

Post of the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thought you were better than that?

Many people have made the mistake of thinking I'm a good person before. So don't feel bad. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I really thought that Ray would apologise on air to Majella for making that dumb statement yesterday

It made the daily star, I don't know about any of the other papers

I hope Ray is making soup & sandwiches now for the homeless and driving around to help them

I don't think Majella will be picking up the phone to him any time soon after that insult monday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

gamecube wrote: »
    I really thought that Ray would apologise on air to Majella for making that dumb statement yesterday

It made the daily star, I don't know about any of the other papers

I hope Ray is making soup & sandwiches now for the homeless and driving around to help them

I don't think Majella will be picking up the phone to him any time soon after that insult monday

Ray will never apologise.

Remember that time on Today FM he was being a petulant child and read out a whole tonne of spoilers for movies and TV shows, including TV shows which hadn't actually aired in Ireland yet?

He got a backlash to that, and instead of apologising he just blamed it on Will Hanafin.

I'd like to point out I do definitely hold a grudge over that incident because I broke the office radio in work because of it, and I've always been embarrassed about snapping like that in a professional environment. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

He has had Majella on his radio show & tv show many times

And she has always been great, if it was me in D'Arcy's shoes I would apologise, what he said was just plain wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

goochy wrote: »
    So is it blackrock or mount merrion ? just incase I buy a house there and hes my next door neighbour !

He lives beside UCD roebuck entrance far as I recall,I remember him talking about it when he moved there as I went to lectures up that way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

that's one place I wont be moving too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Where does D'Arcy find them! Susie communicates with animals and charge fees for the privilege of telling you what your dog thinks. Sure, don't we all know well enough most of the time. http://www.shininghorse.co.uk/

Edited to add: just as well Ray ain't paying her for her services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Where does D'Arcy find them! Susie communicates with animals and charge fees for the privilege of telling you what your dog thinks. Sure, don't we all know well enough most of the time. http://www.shininghorse.co.uk/

Edited to add: just as well Ray ain't paying her for her services.

blahblah_gary-larson-ginger-dog-what-dogs-hear.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

lol. "That's from Rory, .... don't say my...... eh yeah".

even if what she had told Ray stuff that relating to his dog , he was having none of it . Typical Ray negative and cynical

even if what she had told Ray stuff that relating to his dog , he was having none of it . Typical Ray negative and cynical
    He completely ignored the part where she said that the dog lived in a BIG house. She should have said "Ray, I can tell that the dog is depressed, as he feels guilty about living in such a big house when so many people are homeless. "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

He completely ignored the part where she said that the dog lived in a BIG house. She should have said "Ray, I can tell that the dog is depressed, as he feels guilty about living in such a big house when so many people are homeless. "

lol and tell the baldy cnt i hate porridge as well

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I listened to his interview with majella and I don't think I'd ever heard her speak before. I loved the way she reacted to his question. I was very impressed by her actually. She comes across as very confident and sure of herself. She was a match for Darcy and she softened his cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I listened to his interview with majella and I don't think I'd ever heard her speak before. I loved the way she reacted to his question. I was very impressed by her actually. She comes across as very confident and sure of herself. She was a match for Darcy and she softened his cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Do you disagree with other posters here, who do not believe, what she claims to be able to do?

If Ray D'Arcy doesn't believe her, then the posters are in agreement with his assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Do you disagree with other posters here, who do not believe, what she claims to be able to do?

If Ray D'Arcy doesn't believe her, then the posters are in agreement with his assessment.

howya ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Listened back to that piece with MoD, it was horrendous. What a ridiculous comparison and she called him out on it. His backtracking was even worse. Why is this "man" on radio and tv. Get rid of RTE and get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

Listened back to that piece with MoD, it was horrendous. What a ridiculous comparison and she called him out on it. His backtracking was even worse. Why is this "man" on radio and tv. Get rid of RTE and get a grip.

His teeth sucking in my ear was too much so I had to turn him off..again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That and the stupid fake HA HA HA HA HA laugh he does.

howya ray!

It is pretty funny, observing the way Ray D'Arcy gets criticized, in this thread.

Someone criticises the fact that Ray D'Arcy interviewed the person about communicating with animals - presumably because the person who criticises him, thinks that such a developed communication and understanding, between humans and animals, is not possible.

Then someone else criticises Ray D'Arcy, for not believing what the interviewee says, in the interview, on this topic, of communication between humans and animals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

It is pretty funny, observing the way Ray D'Arcy gets criticized, in this thread.

Someone criticises the fact that Ray D'Arcy interviewed the person about communicating with animals - presumably because the person who criticises him, thinks that such a developed communication and understanding, between humans and animals, is not possible.

Then someone else criticises Ray D'Arcy, for not believing what the interviewee says, in the interview, on this topic, of communication between humans and animals.

that’s not pretty funny, it’s not funny at all. it’s not the least bit interesting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sightband wrote: »
    that’s not pretty funny, it’s not funny at all. it’s not the least bit interesting either.

I'd have to concur with that observation,Sight.

howya ray!

The only reason that they brought the woman on the show was so that Ray could sneer at her and act intellectually superior to her. If you think he deserves any credit for that interview, then you are mistaken. Though it was a fair achievement by the researchers to find somebody who Ray actually seemed intellectually superior to.

what I am saying is , Ray doesn't believe in that stuff and because hes such an ass and unprofessional - he had to show it

Horseburger , you keep on comparing us to Ray - you are forgetting we are not working for the national broadcaster on 400k a year and supposed to have some journalistic abilities.

when a person is on 400k a year for tv and radio and working for state broadcaster - we are fully entitled to show our distain at him

what I am saying is , Ray doesn't believe in that stuff and because hes such an ass and unprofessional - he had to show it

Horseburger , you keep on comparing us to Ray - you are forgetting we are not working for the national broadcaster on 400k a year and supposed to have some journalistic abilities.

when a person is on 400k a year for tv and radio and working for state broadcaster - we are fully entitled to show our distain at him

I'm not comparing "us" to anyone.

I'm pointing out that in the criticism Ray D'Arcy receives, in this thread, he can't win, no matter what he does.

An example is the item from yesterday, where someone criticized the fact that the particular topic - of interpreting communication between animals and humans - was discussed on the show, presumably because the person who made the criticism, feels that the ability, to interpret the communication between animals and humans, is not possible.

Then someone else criticizes him, for not believing, what the interviewee, claims to be able to do.

The only reason that they brought the woman on the show was so that Ray could sneer at her and act intellectually superior to her. If you think he deserves any credit for that interview, then you are mistaken. Though it was a fair achievement by the researchers to find somebody who Ray actually seemed intellectually superior to.

I didn't say anything about him deserving credit for the interview.

I was pointing out that he was criticized for one thing - for discussing the particular item, about interpreting the communication between animals and humans.

I guess, the person who posted this criticism, was not happy with the item being included on the show, and doesn't believe what the guest was claiming to be able to do.

In this scenario, if Ray D'Arcy doesn't believe what the guest is claiming - as was suggested by a poster above - then the person criticizing Ray D'Arcy, is in agreement with Ray D'Arcy, in not believing, what the guest claims, to be able to do.

But then, someone else posts a comment, criticizing Ray D'Arcy for another thing, for not believing what the guest claims to be able to do.

One poster is suggesting that the item should not even have been featured on the show, because they don't believe what is clamed by the guest, and the other poster is complaining, that Ray D'Arcy didn't believe, what was stated by the guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

The worst thing about that interview was having to listen to Ray breathe through his nose down the microphone while the lady was speaking. Heard it a few times before(listen out for it!) but it seemed extra loud yesterday. It's horrendous.

• Advertisement

Horseburger how many times do you have to be told - Ray is not some random bloke giving opinions on boards like the rest of us - s - he is paid big bucks on a primetime national radio show - he is supposed to be professional - you cant compare people on boards to him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement