Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

crazygeryy wrote: »
    If your a six foot trucker in tears in the kitchen its free, but otherwise it's 7cent.

Ah ok. :) Thanks. :)

So..Ray must have around 25k texts a day I would imagine at least.

That's 1.75k a day.
    =8.75k a week.
    = 455k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Gits_bone wrote: »

That's 1.75k a day.
    =8.75k a week.
    = 455k a year.

There isn't a hope in hell he would get 25,000 texts a day. Even at his peak in today fm he wouldn't have gotten that much.

When joe does his yes/no poll on live line it's usually around 10,000 max text in and he would have a higher listener ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's 1.75k a day.
    =8.75k a week.
    = 455k a year.

HAHAHA!!

Seriously, what universe are you living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

Solves lots of questions? How do you solve a question?

The clue is in your question.........by finding the solution!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

That's 1.75k a day.
    =8.75k a week.
    = 455k a year.

455k a year for whom? The phone network I would have thought, seeing that RTE don't (yet) charge a premuim for texting them.

25k texts a day is very, very optimistic.
    Most of the ones he reads out on air, since he came to Radio 1 sound made up to me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

my friend wrote: »
    RTE get a good portion of the €320 that I pay every year for TV Licence fees

I object to falling star Ray D'arcy, his wife and other hangers on financially benefiting from deals cut between desperate and failing RTE management and over rated spent depressed sounding technically inept Death Stars

Jaysus D'arcy wouldn't be ending up with much out of ya if you split your 320 euro between everyone in RTE.

Why not give out about Eamonn Dunphy or Ryan Tubridy?

Also would you say you have an agenda and are staging a protest as such against Ray D'arcy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Jaysus D'arcy wouldn't be ending up with much out of ya if you split your 320 euro between everyone in RTE.

Why not give out about Eamonn Dunphy or Ryan Tubridy?

Also would you say you have an agenda and are staging a protest as such against Ray D'arcy?

This thread is about Ray D'Arcy

Do keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's 1.75k a day.
    =8.75k a week.
    = 455k a year.

Try 250 texts a day, with RTE getting less than one cent revenue share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ads20101 wrote: »
    I know that the masses will now coverge on me. Yes, I like listening to the programme but the time slot doesn't really suit. Yes, I have criticised in the past but never in a malicious way. I have just tried to add something to the conversation.

I don't think that posters who want to add to the discussion of the programme would actively want to participate in this thread it just appears far too hostile. For example there is one poster here who has obviously reacted to all of this hostility and has now become overly defensive as a result.

It would be different if Ray didn't have a huge following, but he does. Equally RTE wouldn't have fought for him without good reason.

I will stick around for a short while to see if anything changes but I expect that I will just have to unfollow and let the posters lead the thread in this overly critical fashion.

Bring it on folks

You just baiting people?

Read any thread based on a radio show or presenter and you'll find plenty of criticism and praise where due, for the love of God though never go into the Liveline one, that will just break you.

This thread is no different, people aren't all out to pick on Ray and only Ray out of all the radio shows in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

LL only got 1,700 texts for yesterdays poll, disappointing turn out for Joe even though he spend almost an hour discussing the highly controversial topic

• Advertisement

What is the deal with James Arthur's song, Always be with You, I always thought it was a cracker but it must be 2 years since he won Xfactor and released it, I've been hearing it a lot lately.

Is it back in the Hit Parade or what? I don't keep up with modern music trends as you can probably gather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

What is the deal with James Arthur's song, Always be with You, I always thought it was a cracker but it must be 2 years since he won Xfactor and released it, I've been hearing it a lot lately.

Is it back in the Hit Parade or what? I don't keep up with modern music trends as you can probably gather
    Are you lost child? Have you stumbled into the wrong thread?
    This is the Ray D'Arcy on Radio One thread,
    I doubt he has ever played the song you refer to and it is sung by Dingle band walking on cars.
    Not the homophobe that is James Arthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mrs Shrek

To be fair I thought it was James Arthur too the first couple of times I heard it. Excellent song either way.

Are you lost child? Have you stumbled into the wrong thread?
    This is the Ray D'Arcy on Radio One thread,
    I doubt he has ever played the song you refer to and it is sung by Dingle band walking on cars.
    Not the homophobe that is James Arthur.

oops thought I was in the Anton thread, oh, dunno why I think that is James Arthur could have sworn he sang that. I actually texted in Dermot & Dave complaining that they were playing james Arthur as the Home Grown Hero a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's not James Arthur, it's Walking on Cars.

Does sound an awful lot like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's not James Arthur, it's Walking on Cars.

Does sound an awful lot like him.

Uncanny!
    Only realised it wasn't a few weeks after hearing it played!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

And sometimes the serious topics have to be faced head on too.

That Elvis died 38 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Bacon and cabbage, and yet another rant about smoking and drinking. Zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

tampopo wrote: »
    That Elvis died 38 years ago?

I think he's deluded himself. Smoking is carcinogenic. Alcohol is not.

Ok, I'm out. Moncreiff FTW.

• Advertisement

Ciara kelly is everywhere, when does she get the time to doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

everyday across every medium

Jesus, my sincere Joe Dolances.... really sorry to hear Ciara Kelly's dad died....10 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I dont really want to know about her Dad dying or the funeral. Ive been to enough, and will probably attend a few more.

Jaysus John Snow off his box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I like Jon Snow, even though he knows nothing. Good interviewee, doesn't take himself too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I think Ray must have shifter her in Nijinsky's all those year's ago judging by the plamás and soft questions he's pitching at her here... Get up off the floor Ray..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

tampopo wrote: »
    I think he's deluded himself. Smoking is carcinogenic. Alcohol is not.

Ok, I'm out. Moncreiff FTW.

'fraid it is.Never heard of Stomach,throat,liver cancer.All "can" be caused from excessive intake of alcohol:(

Steve F wrote: »
    'fraid it is.Never heard of Stomach,throat,liver cancer.All "can" be caused from excessive intake of alcohol:(

Noone mentioned excessive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

D'arcy starts with a technical blooper today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement