Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

I’m quite sure there have been posts about both Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy over the years and possibly every week about the Late Late Show . Not everyone will be fans of theirs . But the sheer volume of negative posts Ray D’arcy gets speaks volumes about his abilities or lack of.

He consistently messes up, misses opportunities to engage more, to do more research, ask intelligent questions. He is boring in his repetitive agenda on health , sugar , porridge , running etc even though I believe in these things myself.

He’s paid a small fortune to be a decent and thorough presenter . He is far from that and doesn’t seem to be bothered trying to improve or develop. That’s what annoys people , he’s not bothered , same old tat , same old quotes , same old cliches , same old stupid questions week after week and year after year . It’s stale.

Your agenda Horseburger seems to be to shut down this thread , or at the very least shut down this conversation.

Whether your links are readable or audio I don’t have time to sit down and read or listen to them. Nor should people be constantly asked why they didn’t read your links.

This is a general discusssion thread and people are entitled to their opinion.
    Just because you can write exceedingly long posts with multiple links to back up your theories does not mean you’re right or can shut down valid points other people are making . It’s possible to have a discussion without linking and referencing everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Often - I think - it's easier to read, if I break up a sentence with commas.

Nope. Nor with hyphens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I’m quite sure there have been posts about both Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy over the years and possibly every week about the Late Late Show . Not everyone will be fans of theirs . But the sheer volume of negative posts Ray D’arcy gets speaks volumes about his abilities or lack of.

He consistently messes up, misses opportunities to engage more, to do more research, ask intelligent questions. He is boring in his repetitive agenda on health , sugar , porridge , running etc even though I believe in these things myself.

He’s paid a small fortune to be a decent and thorough presenter . He is far from that and doesn’t seem to be bothered trying to improve or develop. That’s what annoys people , he’s not bothered , same old tat , same old quotes , same old cliches , same old stupid questions week after week and year after year . It’s stale.

Your agenda seems to be to shut down this thread , or at the very least shut down this conversation.

Whether your links are readable or audio I don’t have time to sit down and read or listen to them. Nor should people be constantly asked why they didn’t read your links.

Just because you can write exceedingly long posts with multiple links to back up your theories does not mean you’re right or can shut down valid points other people are making . It’s possible to have a discussion without linking and referencing everything!

Are you retracting what you claimed earlier, where you stated, that there were no existing posts on boards.ie, complaining about Ryan Tubridy and Pat Kenny?

Stating stuff as fact, in this boards.ie forum, but not including items to back up what is being stated - for example, the statements made by posters about Ray D'Arcy's salary and the RTE licence fee - is like reading a book that omits numbered notes at end of each chapter, notes that reference and back up, what is being stated in a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Everybody(apart from myself) has fallen into the trap.

What did I say.

Don’t drop food down to under the bridges.

Everybody(apart from myself) has fallen into the trap.

What did I say.

Don’t drop food down to under the bridges.

You're too clever, Brendan, too clever!

"Everybody", listen to Brendan. He's far superior to "everybody" else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I have seen every programme that Ray D'Arcy has done on TV since I was a little kid (he started in 1988 I think)

And I have listened to his radio show from his time at Today fm (2000-2014) and his Radio 1 show (2015-)

Now just one question Horseburger.....are you a super massive fan of his?

Or do you just like a good row with fellow posters over dumb s**t? (Sorry that's 2 questions!)

gamecube wrote: »
    I have seen every programme that Ray D'Arcy has done on TV since I was a little kid (he started in 1988 I think)

And I have listened to his radio show from his time at Today fm (2000-2014) and his Radio 1 show (2015-)

Now just one question Horseburger.....are you a super massive fan of his?

Or do you just like a good row with fellow posters over dumb s**t? (Sorry that's 2 questions!)

Why does what you are asking concern you?

Why does what you are asking concern you?

You are either a fan of his or not

gamecube wrote: »
    You are either a fan of his or not

It's irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    Couple on Room to Improve want to spend €450k on house extension. Ray will have a heart attack.

It's gone over 600k now.

He'll have to take the week off.
    I was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Your agenda Horseburger seems to be to shut down this thread , or at the very least shut down this conversation.

Actually the reason people don't contribute to tubridys thread on boards anymore is the thread fizzled out as things got very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

To summarise that, It's 'hairdresser radio' nothing more ,nothing less.

Something to fill a background in Doctors,Dentists,Barbers,Shops,public lavatories,pubs,massage parlours, tattoo parlours,bookies shops,pawn shops, hospitals,Garda stations,veterinary clinics, etc etc

Why they had to pay a dude 500k to do it is quite beyond me.

i'm a dentist. i won't have this crap on ever where i work. i may subject people to james o'brien on LBC in the mornings, but then again, he does know what he's talking about, and mystery hour on a thursday is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

i'm a dentist. i won't have this crap on ever where i work. i may subject people to james o'brien on LBC in the mornings, but then again, he does know what he's talking about, and mystery hour on a thursday is class!

Ray: if more people ate porridge instead of sweets and drank water instead of minerals, we wouldn’t need dentists. I dunno (sigh).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Ray: if more people ate porridge instead of sweets and drank water instead of minerals, we wouldn’t need dentists. I dunno (sigh).

if more people listen to him, then they'll grind the crap out of their teeth..

I note the way sliogojoek - who regularly posts in agreement with Brendan Bendar - thanks your post, which refutes the generalisation made by Brendan Bendar, where Brendan Bendar assumed that dentists listen to Ray D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I note the way sliogojoek - who regularly posts in agreement with Brendan Bendar - thanks your post, which refutes the generalisation made by Brendan Bendar, where Brendan Bendar assumed that dentists listen to Ray D'Arcy.

Incorrect, what I suggested was that the content of the prog. is basically only suitable for background in waiting rooms used by dentists and such places.

Incorrect, what I suggested was that the content of the prog. is basically only suitable for background in waiting rooms used by dentists and such places.

Why would the programme be on, in Dentist waiting rooms, or anywhere else, if the intention wasn't to hear, what is being stated on the programme?

What's your problem, with people listening to the programme, in public places?

Yet again, you complain about the topics covered on the programme, but you don't give any suggestions for interviews and topics, that you would like included in the programme.

I think you don't give any suggestions, because if your suggestions are not appealing to other listeners, you would have to accept that not everyone would find your suggestions, of interest. And then, what might follow, would be the same complaints and objections, about your suggestions, that you do about the Ray D'Arcy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Zzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

can horseburger be banned for being boring ? its like having Ray on boards ! ( Ray is that you ?)

Are you retracting what you claimed earlier, where you stated, that there were no existing posts on boards.ie, complaining about Ryan Tubridy and Pat Kenny?

Stating stuff as fact, in this boards.ie forum, but not including items to back up what is being stated - for example, the statements made by posters about Ray D'Arcy's salary and the RTE licence fee - is like reading a book that omits numbered notes at end of each chapter, notes that reference and back up, what is being stated in a book.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

in your obsession to always have the last word, be pedantic to a degree I've never seen before, you are beyond boring.

.........I think that's your agenda........to shut this thread down because we will all be so boooooooooooooooored of your posts we will have lost any interest is responding :eek:.
    To be honest I'm beginning to think you must have a connection to Ray Darcy either professionally or personally. Its all a bit sinister at this stage.

Discourse, discussion, debate is fun, challenging and interesting. Its what Boards.ie is about. This thread is no longer any of the above. Thanks Horseburger.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod post

Can everyone please remind themselves of the Charter, mods currently reviewing the thread, if you have a problem with a post, please report same so we are aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

goochy wrote: »
    ( Ray is that you ?)

It's probably jenny, turning on and using a computer would be way too technical for ray. Hed probably try turning on the pc by pushing the button to open the CD drive and then complain the computer didn't work

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

in your obsession to always have the last word, be pedantic to a degree I've never seen before, you are beyond boring.

.........I think that's your agenda........to shut this thread down because we will all be so boooooooooooooooored of your posts we will have lost any interest is responding :eek:.
    To be honest I'm beginning to think you must have a connection to Ray Darcy either professionally or personally. Its all a bit sinister at this stage.

Discourse, discussion, debate is fun, challenging and interesting. Its what Boards.ie is about. This thread is no longer any of the above. Thanks Horseburger.

Indeed, discussion should be interesting.

Why then, do you react in this way, when I disproved, what you claimed, regarding comments on boards.ie, about Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy?

You made a claim, in your post, that can be disproved by doing a two second search on google.
    can horseburger be banned for being boring ? its like having Ray on boards ! ( Ray is that you ?)

What exciting things are you doing on boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭goochy

more exciting than you - broken record comes to mind

more exciting than you - broken record comes to mind

I didn't ask if you did more exciting things.

I asked, specifically, what exciting things, are you doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Why would the programme be onCOMMAin Dentist waiting roomsCOMMAor anywhere elseCOMMAif the intention wasn't to hearCOMMAwhat is being stated on the programme?

What's your problemCOMMAwith people listening to the programmeCOMMAin public places?

Yet againCOMMAyou complain about the topics covered on the programmeCOMMAbut you don't give any suggestions for interviews and topicsCOMMAthat you would like included in the programme.

I think you don't give any suggestionsCOMMAbecause if your suggestions are not appealing to other listenersCOMMAyou would have to accept that not everyone would find your suggestionsCOMMAof interest. And thenCOMMAwhat might followCOMMAwould be the same complaints and objectionsCOMMAabout your suggestionsCOMMAthat you do about the Ray D'Arcy show.

We are all talking to someone who is on the autistic spectrum here. Maybe we should be a bit nicer to horseburger.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Horseburger syndrome ??????

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

MOD NOTE - ENOUGH OF THE BICKERING AND REMARKS.
    From here on out its cards for any silliness, we will be reviewing thread so cards will be issued. Back to discussing what this is meant to be about. If you have a problem with a post - report it.

I've followed this thread for a long time, sometimes as a participator, sometimes as a lurker. I've always found it enjoyable and people make good and relevant points. I respect people's point of views and enjoy the banter. Some people like Ray D'arcy and can explain why. I am not a fan of Ray D'arcy as a presenter and I can also back up why. But the way its gone lately I'm taking a break. Its no fun when every single post is shut down by one person.

I haven't seen this happen on any other threads. If you try and defend your point you're going to get called a trouble maker or get MOD warnings which is unfair. None of us have time to explain in detail every single post we write - but one person calls on almost every poster here to do just that - its repetitive and boring.

I'm off to my other threads which are far more fun and lighthearted. Something very odd and heavy and pedantic has been happening on this one lately. Its no longer enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Does anybody have their favourite moments from the Ray D'Arcy show over the years? (Not ray talking about porridge!)

For me it's when Shave or Dye swept the country, ray was front & centre in promoting it & he raised a hell of a lot of money for charity

Fix it Friday always brought a smile to my face for the various things the show did for people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement