Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Well it is considering everytime you are back from your cards you wreck this thread on purpose.
    Now off you pop to report on and analyse every comment I have contributed or analyse and report on every thank I have commited on this thread.

Hoe exactly do I "wreck this thread on purpose"?

You seemingly want this thread to be a complete and utter Ray D'Arcy bitchfest.

Do you mean the post you wrote, where you conceded that I was correct, that you completely misunderstood what I had said, in relation to a post you wrote, moaning about what I had earlier said, in response to two other posters, regarding stupid comments they made about me?

Or do you mean the post, about the taste of Ray D'Arcy's arse, that was distinctly off topic, that you endorsed, which amusingly enough, was posted by the poster who suggested that I don't engage in "original input" discussion?

Are you seriously suggesting that posters are engaging in original, thought provoking discussion?
    From post # 1 of this thread it states the following.

In this thread, Ray D'Arcy's much-publicised move from one national radio station to the national, state (i.e.tax-payer)-funded broadcaster. Then there are the additional controversies surrounding the circumstances of the move. Of course that's going to be discussed. It's relevant to the show, its production and most importantly the listenership. It's also within the confines of the charter.

On top of that, we have discussion of the other aspects of the show such as the presenter, show participants and all of the other attendant parts of the show. That's also perfectly in line with the charter.

None of the above discussion goes against the charter.

So therefore I dont understand how you can call people out for being off topic. This whole thread is being made tiresome. I am only 1 more link dump post away from somebody to unfollowing it.

If you had bothered to think about what I had written, in my post that you quoted, you would have realised that I was responding to insulting, ignorant and immature comments made against me, by Brendan Bendar and jelutong, that had no relevance to any type of discussion about the Ray D'Arcy radio show.

What relevance does Brendan Bendar's comment "They have a cream for the condition though... " and jelutong's response "Vanishing cream", and then Brendan Bendar's reply "We can but hope..... ", have, to the radio show?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105850639&postcount=7733

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105859849&postcount=7742

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105860404&postcount=7745

But fair play to you for endorsing the first comment, by jelutong, an off topic remark, that resulted in the above three posts by Brendan Bendar and jelutong - a comment that has no relevance to any type of discussion about the Ray D'Arcy radio show:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105833181&postcount=7729

It is interesting to note, that jelutong's comment was posted after I asked someone, who called a guest on the show a "complete nobody", what exactly this poster would define, as a "complete nobody". This poster made this comment, when I responded to this poster, who was complaining about the length of time given to the Lisa McInerney interview, compared to the length of time Eddi Reader featured on the show.

I had replied to this complaint by showing that the Ray D'Arcy show usually features a main interview each day, that is similar in length to the Lisa McInerney interview. The example I gave was when Phil Coulter was on the show on 15th November 2017, and the item was around 30 minutes in length. I also gave the example of Talkback BBC Radio Ulster, that regularly has a main interview on each day's show, which can last around 40 minutes in length. I gave the example of Talkback on BBC Radio Ulster, because it is also 90 minutes in length, and often has one or two other discussions on the show, after the main item for debate has concluded.

This comparison, of the running order, of two different daily radio shows - both of which are 90 minutes in length - is, I contend, more relevant to the discussion about Ray D'Arcy's radio show, than calling an interviewee, a "complete nobody".

Is calling a guest on the show a "complete nobody", "perfectly in line with the charter"?

I consider what I wrote about the two radio shows regarding the scheduling of guests on the shows, more relevant to a discussion about the Ray D'Arcy radio show, than the constant bitchy, snide comments by posters, about Ray D'Arcy, and guests on the show.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105826709&postcount=7717

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105828087&postcount=7721

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105832930&postcount=7728

It sounds very likely, that the poster who called Lisa McInerney a "complete nobody", did not know anything about her, before hearing her interview on the show. That doesn't mean that this poster has any entitlement, to insult Lisa McInerney, by calling her a "complete nobody".

The points I made, are more relevant, and on topic, than the comment by a poster who is curious to learn about the taste of Ray D'Arcy's arse, another off topic remark that received your endorsement.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105818965&postcount=7695

Horseburger,

I am going to hold up my hands here and admit you are correct. I was going to PM you but to be fair to you, I should post it here.
    I'm am not making excuses, but due to tiredness and job stress I did not view the post you made in context and I simply put a comment directed towards you and I was being a hypocrite at the same time.
    I did not fully look at the context of those comments and thought they were referring to something else.
    And what is your opinion on the taste of D'Arcy's arsehole, seeing as you spend most of your time up there? :D:D:D

The only insinuation I am making against Ray is that he is an amateur and a bit thick. Now you are going around in circles, not making any sense, so I'm done with you now horse. The ignoring shall begin :)

You suggested that if someone didn't know that Ray D'Arcy was referring to Mary Black, that it could be deemed "borderline offensive", that when he said:

"So your name is Róisin",

Róisin O said "Yes",

He said "And the O comes from...",

Róisin O said "O'Reilly",

and Ray D'Arcy said "Right. And you mum is... Black."

You said that this dialogue could be interpreted as "borderline offensive".

He didn't start the dialogue by asking "and your mother black?", which is what you implied, when you incorrectly transcribed, a small part of what he said.

You knew he wasn't suggesting anything, other than referring to Mary Black, but when you referred to this dialogue, you wrote that he stated "and your mother is black".

He had started by asking Róisin O her surname, and then just encouraged her to mention the connection with the Black family, who are a well known family of musicians and singers. He then mentioned that there was a family connection to Danny O'Reilly of The Coronas.

If you knew that he wasn't asking Róisin O the colour of her mother's skin, why, in your first post that referenced this dialogue, did you type your incorrect transcription of the dialogue, with a small b, to insinuate that he did?

There was nothing wrong with featuring this interview on the show, but you went on to suggest that it was "horse****" and that "The Blacks are right at home" in RTE, whatever that's supposed to mean.
    D'Arcy to Roisin O yesterday: "so you're O'Reilly...and your mother is black!" :pac:

What a tool!
    Ray could have said "you're O'Reilly, and your mother is Mary Black...not your mother is black, which is how it sounded. And fyi horse, you can't tell if Ray's capitalising the letter b from listening to him. There is a difference between hearing something, and reading something. It sounded stupid the way Ray said it, ignorant and uninformed, but that's his thing isn't it? I'd say about 10 people know that Roisin O is actually Mary Black's daughter, so yes it would have been better if Ray had given a more informative introduction rather than his casual approach. I actually laughed out loud at how Alan Partridge-like this sounded, but then remembered Ray is getting paid fairly well for his amateurism.

Naturally I turned it off after 5 mins...listening to Roisin O and her brother talking about getting their band name from meeting Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones. What horse****! Nepotism rules in RTE, and the Blacks are right at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Look at this outrageous string of bullsh1t posts. Someone ban this arsehóle. The week he was gone the thread was actually readable, and worth engaging in (even though, I was banned, myself, at the same time, for the heinous crime of pulling the p1ss, out of, Arse,Bur,ger,!,),,,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

davef1000 wrote: »
    Look at this outrageous string of bullsh1t posts. Someone ban this arsehóle. The week he was gone the thread was actually readable, and worth engaging in (even though, I was banned, myself, at the same time, for the heinous crime of pulling the p1ss, out of, Arse,Bur,ger,!,),,,

Davy.... word of advice from an experienced operator.

There was a lad back in the the day, tough lad , was in the BA.

General Sir Frank Kitson..wrote a book ‘Low Intensity Operations’

You should read it....that’s the strategy needed to tackle these lads.

You gotta dig in, my friend.

davef1000 wrote: »

Yes, it was really wonderful when I was banned. It really was.

Rather than discuss the programme - and things like the running order of the show, and contrasting the running order of the programme and the length of each item featured on the show, with items on other afternoon shows on different radio stations - there were amazing, really worthwhile posts, poking fun at his pronunciation of Irish, and people speculating where his wife might like to go, on holiday. There was also post by a poster, bitching about the Women's Marathon, unfairly speculating that Ray D'Arcy's wife endorses discrimination towards men.
    sightband wrote: »
    “anash preev scaylta an nookt”...5 minutes late and usually through gritted teeth and a sigh. he’s as fluent in irish as del trotter was in french.
    Can he even say it ? :)
    goochy wrote: »
    Lanzorote ? couldn't have imagined Jenny there - far too common.
    neris wrote: »
    And probably had to bring their 2 little dorlings on Ryanair flight with the common northside folk.
    goochy wrote: »
    womens marathon makes me sick - imagine if we had a mens marathon - some feminazis actually have a problem with men dressed as women running for charity . All double standards - we want equality but only when it suits us and we can discriminate against men not other way round down. Not surprised Jenny does it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: I'm stepping in and closing this for review as it's the weekend and the mods may be offline.

It's gotten ridiculous.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

Thread reopened, a few cards issued, please don't resort to personal abuse or back seat modding. Horseburger is now thread banned at this stage. Please get back to discussing the show.

Thanks
    Radio Mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Lost & Found FM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

haha ray frosty that she likes trump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Who said that she liked Trump? Deirdre O'Kane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Listening to Ray this week he has made me laugh with some of the really dumb questions he has asked his guests!

But you know what I have come to realise that I enjoy the guy a lot!

And my weeks work wouldn't be the same without him! Joe Duffy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

How will the feminist former rugby player Ray D'Arcy take the verdict I wonder?

A great big sigh is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,423 ✭✭✭goochy

used to like Deidre o kane and fancy her but now shes going on with all this feminist/ women being put upon thing - I am not liking her so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

This ****ing TWAT going on about his new 90k Land Rover ...

Why don't you bring a few other guys on the show who were falsely accused of rape.
    New rule, everybody. Men are always to blame, even when they are not to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

THEY WERE FOUND NOT GUILTY RAY!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

please say Ray hasn't really bought a 90k land rover ???
    their brand image ruined !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Drive carefully out there ,lads"

Women can just carry on as normal.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

He was driving a fairly old VW Golf up to now. Never understood how he managed that one with the kids in tow but maybe he has a family car for them.

• Advertisement

You have no stories in your bag portraying men in a positive light at all, Ray, ?

this is what happens when you are living with a feminazi - brain washing .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

He was driving a fairly old VW Golf up to now. Never understood how he managed that one with the kids in tow but maybe he has a family car for them.
    I think I remember seeing him as a brand ambassador for a car-I think it may have been a golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I think we should just get rid of all men altogether, I think Ray finds a new topic to bash them everyday. The guy who wrote this book seems very biased in totally believing women in these situations.

When children are involved then women can become just as manipulative and dishonest as men. I feel like when I turn on the radio lately no matter what channel there seems to be an wave of arguments against men with very little push back the other way...

him and Ray will become best buddies and can both hate themselves for being men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Where is the balance in any topic Ray discusses, what about the violence men suffer at the hands of women

jk23 wrote: »
    I think we should just get rid of all men altogether, I think Ray finds a new topic to bash them everyday. The guy who wrote this book seems very biased in totally believing women in these situations.

When children are involved then women can become just as manipulative and dishonest as men. I feel like when I turn on the radio lately no matter what channel there seems to be an wave of arguments against men with very little push back the other way...

its funny because Sean Moncrieff has gone totally the same way lately. Its women ,women, women and he attacks any texters who defend men's perspective (and its usually from men obviously). I really don't like this new culture, its biased and one sided and does not allow balanced debate...... and I'd like it even less if I was a man!

Are both these men married to ball breaking feminists?? I don't understand it.:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray knows 'all the words' but 'jumps on the bus to Raheny'!!! Why the feck would Bagatelle jump on a bus to Raheny you twat Ray. It was the 46A or whatever to Dunlaoighre.

Turned off this afternoon after 3pm when Ray's moralising re men began. Turned him on an hour later to hear the same old stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was singer coughing during “Summer in Dublin”?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

its funny because Sean Moncrieff has gone totally the same way lately. Its women ,women, women and he attacks any texters who defend men's perspective (and its usually from men obviously). I really don't like this new culture, its biased and one sided and does not allow balanced debate...... and I'd like it even less if I was a man!

Are both these men married to ball breaking feminists?? I don't understand it.:confused::confused:

I'm no feminist but isn't that the problem women have been having from the dawn of time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement