Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

its funny because Sean Moncrieff has gone totally the same way lately. Its women ,women, women and he attacks any texters who defend men's perspective (and its usually from men obviously). I really don't like this new culture, its biased and one sided and does not allow balanced debate...... and I'd like it even less if I was a man!

Are both these men married to ball breaking feminists?? I don't understand it.:confused::confused:

Sean was married but has since shacked up with Caroline Clarke who used to produce his show on newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Just get a sex change and do us all a favour.
    4 men who's lives are on tatters but that doesn't matter. Court of law of 12 good women and men found this guys NOT GUILTY. End of discussion.

I'm no feminist but isn't that the problem women have been having from the dawn of time?

Well it’s certainly gone full circle if that’s the case . Two wrongs don’t make a right . It’s male bashing all the way now , on so many tv & radio debates, online platforms, advertising. It’s giving the wrong message . I wouldn’t like to be the mother of young boys, it’s must be a minefield .

Don’t forget suicide rates are highest amongst young men and all this male bashing and blaming isn’t going to help them find their identity and their place in life.

I’m a woman with 3 daughters but I worry about the level of anti male discussion there is lately .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Well it’s certainly gone full circle if that’s the case . Two wrongs don’t make a right . It’s male bashing all the way now , on so many tv & radio debates, online platforms, advertising. It’s giving the wrong message . I wouldn’t like to be the mother of young boys, it’s must be a minefield .

Don’t forget suicide rates are highest amongst young men and all this male bashing and blaming isn’t going to help them find their identity and their place in life.

I’m a woman with 3 daughters but I worry about the level of anti male discussion there is lately .
    Thank god there are some decent women who don’t just follow the crowd and buy into the sheep mentality and give fair dues to both sides of the arguments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

jk23 wrote: »
    Thank god there are some decent women who don’t just follow the crowd and buy into the sheep mentality and give fair dues to both sides of the arguments

I would consider her a normal woman that most of us interact with every day of our lives

And then we have the loons that are pushing some fcuked up agenda

Most normal men have total respect for the roles their mothers wives and daughters play in their lives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I would consider her a normal woman that most of us interact with every day of our lives

And then we have the loons that are pushing some fcuked up agenda

Most normal men have total respect for the roles their mothers wives and daughters play in their lives

I agree with you, most of the women I know or interact with are lovely people and intelligent who play a very integral roles in their families and society.

Unfortunately there is a large amount of Irish women on Twitter,mostly in their early 20s, spreading some incredibly hateful stuff towards men and anyone who disagrees with their views

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

It is largely media driven and certainly doesn't happen in the real world, most certainly not in my family, social or work circles. most people for various reasons haven't time to listen to Radio 1 or Newstalk and particularly the younger women listen to music radio or watch Netfli or following friends on Facebook. I am personally switching to
    Lyric more often as this going on and on and on about gender issues is driving me nuts. if I ever made a comment that I heard something on Live line or Ray Darcy the usual reaction is how do you listen to that rubbish!
    so all is not completely lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

jk23 wrote: »
    Thank god  there are some decent women who don’t just follow the crowd and buy into the sheep mentality and give fair dues to both sides of the arguments
    I have to say though, most of the women that I have spoken to about this are far more reasoned and thoughtful than the rabid, extremist, man hating types that you hear in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

BPKS wrote: »
    How will the feminist former rugby player Ray D'Arcy take the verdict I wonder?

A great big sigh is my guess.

He played rugby? What position did he play in? Maybe he was the ball.

goochy wrote: »
    him and Ray will become best buddies and can both hate themselves for being men.

I presume you are referring to fourth wave feminist Moncrieff. Painful to listen to on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

quintana76 wrote:
    I presume you are referring to fourth wave feminist Moncrieff. Painful to listen to on the subject.

Dafuq is a fourth wave feminist?

While you're at it, explain the first, second and third wave.

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Dafuq is a fourth wave feminist?

While you're at it, explain the first, second and third wave.

I am confused myself. It could be either third or fourth wave. The loons that want revenge and to do a 180 degree switch with men. No equality for them. They just want to reverse the discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

quintana76 wrote:
    I am confused myself. It could be either third or fourth wave. The loons that want revenge and to do a 160 degree switch with men. No equality for them. They just want to reverse the discrimination.

Sleep well, quin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

the problem nowadays is that feminists and people with strong views shout louder and are listened to - it makes it seem like all woman have a terrible view of men when I don't think that's the same in everyday life.

goochy wrote: »
    the problem nowadays is that feminists and people with strong views shout louder and are listened to - it makes it seem like all woman have a terrible view of men when I don't think that's the same in everyday life.

The media deliberately gives a distorted impression of the issue by catering to the extreme elements. They also as a unit would be of an overwhelming left/liberal persuasion and generally allow this bias to be manifest in their output.
    It is therefore not surprising that people's everyday direct experience of opinion would bear very little relation to that relentlessly expressed by the media. It is in effect, two world's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

One thing about the Ray Darcy Show that is etched in my brain.

He was on Today FM telling us how he ordered his condoms in bulk over the internet. Don't remember it being a funny segment or anything. It may have been a segment with Conor Pope.

I may have been going through a dry spell at the time but for some reason it has stuck in my craw. Maybe it is the thought of Ray Darcy having sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I'd say he still has his communion and confirmation money.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

One thing about the Ray Darcy Show that is etched in my brain.

He was on Today FM telling us how he ordered his condoms in bulk over the internet. Don't remember it being a funny segment or anything. It may have been a segment with Conor Pope.

I may have been going through a dry spell at the time but for some reason it has stuck in my craw. Maybe it is the thought of Ray Darcy having sex.

And ya put the thing in the yoke and the two of them in the box and repeat.....and there ya go, it's all over (sigh). I dunno. You'd be better off going for a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray's got SEX on the mind today.

The media seem a bit obsessed by sex these days and who knows what, where and how at what age.

I suppose it sells papers and keeps listeners attention. Same as always.

Would it not be better to teach young boys that they are not equal, because it is acceptable for people like Ray D'Arcy to make sweeping statements about them on the basis of four rugby players?

• Advertisement

Fund my sex education business??

"Consent can be revoked at any time"
    Even afterwards if the recent court case is anything to go by.

Just desperate Ray, when you try to run a campaign on the radio and those pesky listeners phone in and disagree with you :)

Shouldn't be allowed to send in txts.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I enjoyed Ray's show today

I mean the easiest way to paint a ceiling is to use the Dulux paint that goes on pink & drys in white!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

gamecube wrote: »
    I enjoyed Ray's show today

I mean the easiest way to paint a ceiling is to use the Dulux paint that goes on pink & drys in white!

I’m quite sure I used a product like that at least five years ago.

I’m quite sure I used a product like that at least five years ago.

Ray is about 10 years behind the times with that one!

I have used that paint myself a good few years back also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Jeepers if I was reading the nuacht, I'd nut Darcy been 5min late. What an ignoramus.

Ray is hand milking a cow next week so make sure to tune in Monday for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

gamecube wrote: »
    Ray is hand milking a cow next week so make sure to tune in Monday for that!

I might just do that. He has a bit of a fixation with breastfeeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

Was expecting a load of posts after Darcy’s Late Show last nite but not even one post. Is there a fatwa against him? For starters - was the programmer implicit in assisting Bertie testing the waters re the presidency?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement