Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

Field east wrote: »
    Was expecting a load of posts after Darcy’s Late Show last nite but not even one post. Is there a fatwa against him? For starters - was the programmer implicit in assisting Bertie testing the waters re the presidency?

There’s a different thread for his TV show. I don’t follow it but read a lot of posts on it last night .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why does he have to do that stupid snigger every time he says Kilgubnait?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why does he have to do that stupid snigger every time he says Kilgubnait?

Agreed. Childish. Lasted about 5 mins. Hate the boaring little turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Mr Morals again. How's the protest against gambling going Ray, or did you take the money yourself in favour of persisting with the protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Can they not just go and source the wheelchair themselves. Why O why do they hang on waiting for the free chair.

Wouldn't a wheelchair from Argos have make life easier over the last 10 months for the child until the custom made chair became available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Can they not just go and source the wheelchair themselves. Why O why do they hang on waiting for the free chair.

Wouldn't a wheelchair from Argos have make life easier over the last 10 months for the child until the custom made chair became available.

Same reason as folks who are on delayed flights complain to Liveline....”We didn’t even get a cup of tea or a sandwich ..we were starving“

Frikken cup of tea an a sarnie duddnt cost the earth, get one yourself keep the receipt and claim....

Fack sake....

Good afternoooooon.
    Now I'll bash alcohol,because it's in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

He lost me at apostrophes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

him talking to Jenny , more brain washing from the sarf Dublin feminazi.

Darcy on the showbandwagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Rip big Tom. Let's play some Glen Campbell?

Every time I've turned on the radio for the last week, there has been something about men being either rapists or men battering women. You'd swear that all men had given up their jobs to take up beating up and raping women full time.

I mean what is the agenda here? who is driving this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Serious question.

What's wrong with the domestic violence campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Every time I've turned on the radio for the last week, there has been something about men being either rapists or men battering women. You'd swear that all men had given up their jobs to take up beating up and raping women full time.

Don’t switch to Newstalk then it’s even worse over there. Constant Men themed segments in regard to rape, domestic violence and equality

The media are driving it. Journals, newspapers, social media, all radio show, all TV debates , all chat shows .

I’ve been saying this for weeks and I’m a woman . It’s very worrying . If I had sons I’d be very worried about how to advise them

Surprised there hasn’t been a backlash from men? It’s more than one sided at this stage and I think most of it is coming from millennial femininazis not older women who have shared the world side by side with men for a longer time and managed to survive.

Some things had to change I get that , and it’s good . But if this keeps up the male gender will become totally defensive and emasculated to the point of having less and less contact with women for fear of offending them.

Is this really the society and the world we want ?

I know it sounds like an exagerration, but it feels like white males in Irish society are like Jews in 1940s Germany. It's publicly acceptable to say whatever you want about white irish heterosexual men ... call them all rapists, call them all idiots, call them all wife beaters... You could never make such sweeping statements about Travellers / minorities / women.

The men in the media who don't stand up for men, and permit these sweeping generalizations to be spouted with challenge, should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. And D'Arcy is the head of that list.

I know it sounds like an exagerration, but it feels like white males in Irish society are like Jews in 1940s Germany. It's publicly acceptable to say whatever you want about white irish heterosexual men ... call them all rapists, call them all idiots, call them all wife beaters... You could never make such sweeping statements about Travellers / minorities / women.

The men in the media who don't stand up for men, and permit these sweeping generalizations to be spouted with challenge, should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. And D'Arcy is the head of that list.

You are spot on with that observation. Imagine if some journalist came out with a statement like all travellers are criminals?? There would be uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Does the lad have any idea of time, I often wonder.

He launches into a profound question about life after death with about 30seconds left on the prog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The media are driving it. Journals, newspapers, social media, all radio show, all TV debates , all chat shows .

I’ve been saying this for weeks and I’m a woman . It’s very worrying . If I had sons I’d be very worried about how to advise them

Surprised there hasn’t been a backlash from men? It’s more than one sided at this stage and I think most of it is coming from millennial femininazis not older women who have shared the world side by side with men for a longer time and managed to survive.

Some things had to change I get that , and it’s good . But if this keeps up the male gender will become totally defensive and emasculated to the point of having less and less contact with women for fear of offending them.

Is this really the society and the world we want ?

I have two fists and a willy. The women of Ireland need to be alerted to the danger I pose!

Norah Casey on newstalk again now

• Advertisement

Have always fancied Norah , especially when she smiled at me in street once in Dublin - she appears to be a red blooded female ( she made a joke about Jamie Dornan once that if the roles were reversed would be called sexist ) but really don't like her feminist / victim agenda.

I don't condone violence against women , but when she brings up about what happened to her - it does not portray her as the intelligent woman she has now become and there is a touch of stupidity about how she went on .

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Muff Richardson II

goochy wrote: »
    Have always fancied Norah , especially when she smiled at me in street once in Dublin - she appears to be a red blooded female ( she made a joke about Jamie Dornan once that if the roles were reversed would be called sexist ) but really don't like her feminist / victim agenda.

I don't condone violence against women , but when she brings up about what happened to her - it does not portray her as the intelligent woman she has now become and there is a touch of stupidity about how she went on .

I’ll never forget her first morning with Chris Donoghue, story broke about how Roger Moore had been the victim of domestic violence for a long period, she tried to make some stupid bond gag and how he probably deserved it. Ad break and she was back on with that sap Donoghue grovelling to listeners about how she didn’t mean to cause any offence etc. You’d like to say car crash stuff but her show was so bad and the Donoghue combo was shocking, you just couldn’t listen to it at all. Given her p45 without delay, mystery as to how Williams is still on air, he’s not all that different, you could almost see them as a couple. Apologies to anyone preparing or eating dinner with the thoughts of that.

was never a fan of Williams but like him now , hes not PC - Shane is a complete woman and extremely dull person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

More FG bashing from Darcy.

Complaining about people's performance on air! Darcy, meet Irony.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Does the lad have any idea of time, I often wonder.

He launches into a profound question about life after death with about 30seconds left on the prog.
    No man knows the day nor the hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

This fella getting attacked by darcy and listeners,no chance of a bit of balance

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

He's so bad he doesn't even read out the texts properly. I only caught the last 5 mins before Drivetime, pure drivel :(

hes going to inflict his milk bottle legs on the people of Dublin whether they like it or not - he said the same thing about tales about his kids - he seems to have cut back on that a small bit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We heard they tell him to put on his seat belt cos he usually drives 100 yards before he thinks of it. His guest told him he should put it on before he starts the engine but he ignored that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

'Sneerin' Sean Moncrieff is top of the list by far. The only actual white male feminazi on the radio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement