Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It makes me sick to see D'Arcy becoming the self designated champion of the campaign against incompetence in the HSE. If there was a similar campaign against incompetence in RTE, he would be out the f**king door. He gets more money than any of these medical people and he can't hit a f**king button on the desk.

Au contraire,Mon amis. He perfectly able to "hit a fúćķing button on the desk"

Just not in the order in which they should be hit.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why am I reminded of this:
    image002.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

zell12 wrote: »

And Volkswagen is spelled wrong. Can RTE get anything right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray actually said something funny - Roger Daltrey / who joke - there should be a news flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I missed that. He must have laughed for ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ray talking rubbish, men die younger than women and nothing is done about it.

RobertKK wrote: »

I think D'Arcy prides himself on being a bit of a champion of women....

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm not surprised because the show is sh!te. It's 75 % women with misery stories, 24 % promoting RTE and public service announcements and 1% entertainment.

Even my 83 year old father switches off as soon as liveline is over, as he cant stand D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Even my 83 year old father switches off as soon as liveline is over, as he cant stand D'Arcy

My dad is the same (80). He calls Tubs and D'Arcy dry auld shytes!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dry as a Tesco low fat sausage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Put him on today for the laugh. My good lord he is terrible.
    Who exactly is still listening to this...
    His constant sighing and then laughing at his own observations and unbearable.
    That is on top of all his other faults.

prove of any needed Ray is brain washed by Jenny
    Jenny actually believes in this day and age that medics say ' ah sure its only a woman let her die ' - feminazis - the whole world is against them - must be terrible to have such a chip on ur shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

goochy wrote: »
    prove of any needed Ray is brain washed by Jenny
    Jenny actually believes in this day and age that medics say ' ah sure its only a woman let her die ' - feminazis - the whole world is against them - must be terrible to have such a chip on ur shoulder

That is it, Ray is a ventriloquist's doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"This wouldn't happen if it was men".

I think the point is that if it were an illness that affected men, there probably wouldn't even be a periodic test. Ray D'Arcy brainwashed by his missus as usual. They give this guy a radio show and he doesn't even own his own mind, he's just a puppet for the woman he married. Or probably it's more accurate to say that she married him, as she seems to be the dominant partner.

don't forget if Ray acts down to earth , she reminds him that he has been middle class for more of his life than working class. Unbelievable - I never listened to Ray b4 radio 1 but there is a chance he wasn't too bad before he met Jenny .
    he was engaged to that headwrecker Geri Maye too though so that would not have helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

"This wouldn't happen if it was men".

I think the point is that if it were an illness that affected men, there probably wouldn't even be a periodic test. Ray D'Arcy brainwashed by his missus as usual. They give this guy a radio show and he doesn't even own his own mind, he's just a puppet for the woman he married. Or probably it's more accurate to say that she married him, as she seems to be the dominant partner.

Also last time I checked the head of clinical testing for cervical cancer was Grainne Flannelly who stepped down so to blame men for this solely is a bit ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

zell12 wrote: »

Not excusing that in any way, but he still works more hours than Joe Duffy.

Eamon Dunphy called Tubs "a young fogey" at least 15 years ago. I always like that descriptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

jk23 wrote:
    Also last time I checked the head of clinical testing for cervical cancer was Grainne Flannelly who stepped down so to blame men for this solely is a bit ridiculous

I think the point being made is that all these health scandals going back to the Mother and Child scheme affect women. This isn't some anti man thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

RobertKK wrote: »

Heard that yesterday. Couldn't believe he would come out with that old rubbish. Women in general get far more attention throughout their lives from the public health service. Is there any regular screening programme for men under the age of 65 or so?

But wait till a few weeks go by and Ray will be lecturing men on how they don't look after their health, don't attend doctors or anything like that.

He tends to have a short memory span.

feminazis will always make it an anti man thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Will he ask D'Arcy about the days he spent supporting Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So Ray thinks he is a culchie!

Will he ask D'Arcy about the days he spent supporting Munster?

Who was the guest? What was the context? Was D'Arcy one of those? Not in the least surprised to hear that, assume he's well and truly on the Leinster bandwagon now of course. Or more likely the Leinster Women's team. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sexton. Great rugby player but boring interviewee. Although it would be difficult to sound uplifting when being interviewed by D'Arcy.

Sexton. Great rugby player but boring interviewee. Although it would be difficult to sound uplifting when being interviewed by D'Arcy.

Thanks. He couldn't be worse than King of the Cliches himself, Bland O'Driscoll; could he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I am no fan of Tubridy (in general - although I think he does get a bit more criticism than he merits) but his personality is definitely not "dry" ! Not in the context that is the general manner it is used as an adjective in Ireland when referring to people!

If anything, moreso the opposite!

Darcy and Pat Kenny are dry, very disengaging or disinterested in their interviews or the people they are interviewing, more or less going through the motions at times.

The likes of Tubridy, Gay Byrne and Brendan O'Connor are far more engaging and good at communicating with interviewees and more often than not show genuine interest in the interview. And have a bit of wit and humour about them.

not liking Kenny for his blatant anti Trump bias - but at least hes normally intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

Who was the guest? What was the context? Was D'Arcy one of those? Not in the least surprised to hear that, assume he's well and truly on the Leinster bandwagon now of course. Or more likely the Leinster Women's team. :rolleyes:

Some context for you, Buthers, on D'Arcy - the Lunster or Leinster Red, as they were known.

From Balls.ie:
    "Speaking to Jarlath Regan on An Irishman Abroad, he (Brian O'Driscoll) went so far as to effectively single out two of the most prominent 'Lunsters' in the media, more or less identifying them as Ray D'Arcy and Hector O'Heochagain, the latter of whom could really be regarded as 'King Lunster'.

I'll keep him nameless, but he was a radio DJ that was from Kildare. I'm sure it won't be too difficult to work out. I remember hearing that he was going to support Munster in 2009 because they had more spirit and more passion even though he was from Kildare. Whatever about the guys down on the border, but Kildare is not that close to Munster.

That was a great annoyance to me.

There was someone else. There was another TV personality/radio DJ from Meath who also said likewise."

Hector and D'Arcy - surprise surprise!

Hector was found out to be in above his head when he was on 2FM.
    Another couple of bad JNLR books and D'Arcy will wonder how he ever held down a show on the flagship radio station of RTE with an eye watering "Fee".
    Especially with his great limitations as an interviewer, speaker of the English language and sound desk operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hard to disagree there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Expunge wrote: »
    Some context for you, Buthers, on D'Arcy - the Lunster or Leinster Red, as they were known.

From Balls.ie:
    "Speaking to Jarlath Regan on An Irishman Abroad, he (Brian O'Driscoll) went so far as to effectively single out two of the most prominent 'Lunsters' in the media, more or less identifying them as Ray D'Arcy and Hector O'Heochagain, the latter of whom could really be regarded as 'King Lunster'.

I'll keep him nameless, but he was a radio DJ that was from Kildare. I'm sure it won't be too difficult to work out. I remember hearing that he was going to support Munster in 2009 because they had more spirit and more passion even though he was from Kildare. Whatever about the guys down on the border, but Kildare is not that close to Munster.

That was a great annoyance to me.

There was someone else. There was another TV personality/radio DJ from Meath who also said likewise."

Hector and D'Arcy - surprise surprise!

Hector was found out to be in above his head when he was on 2FM.
    Another couple of bad JNLR books and D'Arcy will wonder how he ever held down a show on the flagship radio station of RTE with an eye watering "Fee".
    Especially with his great limitations as an interviewer, speaker of the English language and sound desk operator.

In fairness to Hector, he will jump on ANY bandwagon going.

Meath GAA when they were good - check
    Man United when they were good - check
    Irish soccer team when they qualify for something - check
    Buying a race horse to pretend you were rich - check
    Going on The Lions tour - check
    Munster Rugby - check
    Irish Rugby - check
    Leinster Rugby - check
    Connacht Rugby - check

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement