Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Expunge wrote: »
    Some context for you, Buthers, on D'Arcy - the Lunster or Leinster Red, as they were known.

From Balls.ie:
    "Speaking to Jarlath Regan on An Irishman Abroad, he (Brian O'Driscoll) went so far as to effectively single out two of the most prominent 'Lunsters' in the media, more or less identifying them as Ray D'Arcy and Hector O'Heochagain, the latter of whom could really be regarded as 'King Lunster'.

I'll keep him nameless, but he was a radio DJ that was from Kildare. I'm sure it won't be too difficult to work out. I remember hearing that he was going to support Munster in 2009 because they had more spirit and more passion even though he was from Kildare. Whatever about the guys down on the border, but Kildare is not that close to Munster.

That was a great annoyance to me.

There was someone else. There was another TV personality/radio DJ from Meath who also said likewise."

Hector and D'Arcy - surprise surprise!

Hector was found out to be in above his head when he was on 2FM.
    Another couple of bad JNLR books and D'Arcy will wonder how he ever held down a show on the flagship radio station of RTE with an eye watering "Fee".
    Especially with his great limitations as an interviewer, speaker of the English language and sound desk operator.

Imagine listening to oregan and O'Driscoll

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard Ray talking to the rugby player for a few minutes. It sounded lilike he didn't want to be there. Couldn't blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

sligojoek wrote: »
    I heard Ray talking to the rugby player for a few minutes. It sounded lilike he didn't want to be there. Couldn't blame him.

He used to play a bit himself you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

sligojoek wrote: »
    I heard Ray talking to the rugby player for a few minutes. It sounded like he didn't want to be there.

Who the rugby player or Ray?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Even the interviewee who is related to the story, just turns off the radio and tunes out.............. bye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

A farcy monologue

"I don't know if you're aware......."

I don't know if you're aware, Ray, but it's been on every programme since Morning Ireland bar Ronan Collins. Even then Joe gave it a mention in the promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Sick to death of Ray D'Arcy using this tragedy to promote himself as the "hero of the people". The state is starved for funds because of people like D'Arcy going back to the state broadcaster to fund his own pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Never thought I would look forward to hearing to Brenda , shes all woman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Remember that guy that knew EVERYTHING about Eurovision-Derek used to have him on the whole time. Is he ever on the airways these times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

honeybear wrote: »
    Remember that guy that knew EVERYTHING about Eurovision-Derek used to have him on the whole time. Is he ever on the airways these times?

Paul G.

Uhmmmm m. Good with colors ,I heard ..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

Paul G.

Uhmmmm m. Good with colors ,I heard ..

You know when Jimmy Carr makes a joke where the audience laughs first, then realises what they laughed at and goes "ooooooooh"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

honeybear wrote: »

He could also recall what song was number 1 on any given date.
    A pretty good trick you would have to say, although after a while I would find myself wanting to ask what else do you do?

+1 on what Brendan suggested, definitely a guy who lets his bagged salad breathe before eating it.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He could also recall what song was number 1 on any given date.
    A pretty good trick you would have to say, although after a while I would find myself wanting to ask what else do you do?

+1 on what Brendan suggested, definitely a guy who lets his bagged salad breathe before eating it.

:eek:

Jaysus Padd.......”lets the bagged salad breathe” in a collapsed state after that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

:eek:

Jaysus Padd.......”lets the bagged salad breathe” in a collapsed state after that:D

Apologies for the risqué metaphor.

He's possibly the type of guy who tells people to shut doors.

Better?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Apologies for the risqué metaphor.

He's possibly the type of guy who tells people to shut doors.

Better?

Yes, kinda high on his heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Again???

More of the same? Can RTE not co-ordinate their programme content at all wrt this referendum. No one likes stop watches but basic balance is all that is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

What is d'Arcy's obsession with misery lately

swingking wrote: »
    Lately ???

• Advertisement

No nuacht and sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mountain

swingking wrote: »

Ray just loves misery, RTE as an organisation love misery,

for all that, there is a morning news programme, there is an afternoon news programme, and if we have to discuss misery with listeners/callers we have Joe Duffy,

Would it be too much to expect that RTE could provide one "light entertainment" radio programme with the day time hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

feminazi Jenny clearing controlling whats on show - one of the reasons i would like a know vote - is to upset the feminazis , left wing parties and liberal media who think they speak for everyone .
    they were proven wrong with Trump and could easily be again

mountain wrote: »

for all that, there is a morning news programme, there is an afternoon news programme, and if we have to discuss misery with listeners/callers we have Joe Duffy,

Would it be too much to expect that RTE could provide one "light entertainment" radio programme with the day time hours?

One of the reasons RTÉ Radio doesn’t get aired in casa Mimana until after this crap has been voted on.

One can only listen to so much misery.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

mountain wrote: »

The Late Late Show and The Ray Darcy TV Show also nearly always have a misery guest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

NIMAN wrote: »
    The Late Late Show and The Ray Darcy TV Show also nearly always have a misery guest too.

slightly off topic but in the days of gaybo & pat kenny did the late late (and even kenny live) have as much misery & suffering or is this is a new phenomenon to rte to have a double dose of weekend tv misery

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I don't watch either Friday or Saturday nights chat shows , but they sometimes are on in the back round if I go to the pub. Ya it seems many of the guests are misery stories. Turn over to Graham Norton and you some half pissed up A list stars telling some funny stories. I know which makes better Friday night viewing !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    I don't watch either Friday or Saturday nights chat shows , but they sometimes are on in the back round if I go to the pub. Ya it seems many of the guests are misery stories. Turn over to Graham Norton and you some half pissed up A list stars telling some funny stories. I know which makes better Friday night viewing !!

The Blame Game on BBC NI is always good for a laugh :) Unless of course you're a devout follower of either Michelle or Arlene.

neris wrote: »
    slightly off topic but in the days of gaybo & pat kenny did the late late (and even kenny live) have as much misery & suffering or is this is a new phenomenon to rte to have a double dose of weekend tv misery

Kenny Live used to have the misery slot last thing before bed, he would dim the lights, look serious, and a spotlight would descend upon the misery guest. Gaybo did entertainment slots, serious issue debate slots, controversy galore, but not so much today’s classic misery slot. I think Pat Kenny (or his producers) began that genre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Kenny Live used to have the misery slot last thing before bed, he would dim the lights, look serious, and a spotlight would descend upon the misery guest. Gaybo did entertainment slots, serious issue debate slots, controversy galore, but not so much today’s classic misery slot. I think Pat Kenny (or his producers) began that genre.

I don't think Gay Byrne had a misery slot at all. He would occasionally have a very serious item, but there was no pattern to such interviews and definitely not one a week.....anything that could be called depressing would be a rarity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement