Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't think Gay Byrne had a misery slot at all. He would occasionally have a very serious item, but there was no pattern to such interviews and definitely not one a week.....anything that could be called depressing would be a rarity.

Yes, that's a fair assessment I think of his radio show. Gay was a great man for running with the hare and hunting with the hounds and basically was like a mirror reflecting back what his listeners wanted to hear. Which is not misery wall to wall.

His religious wanderings on TV - can't opine as never was able to watch more than a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is this AH getting paid for this shíť ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

He was interviewing Davy Fitz about "Ireland's Fittest FAMILY'S
    And he asked Davy, "does it have to be familys ? Ye it does, doesnt it"

€500,000 folks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I bet none of the fittest families could do handstands in the studio though.
    Riveting radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I bet none of the fittest families could do handstands in the studio though.
    Riveting radio.

Have just done a handstand and a triple somersault in the hall.

Did you see it, pal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

How .. Are ... You ?

I'm other words, never mind the documentary. Tell us about the cancer.

Lovely hearing the legend Gaybo, what a contrast to the interviewer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Just listening to the interview with Gay, he comes across as being full of himself.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Just listening to the interview with Gay, he comes across as being full of himself.

You can see where his apprentice got it from.

Ray thanking him so much for coming in. He didn't come in to see you, Ray. He came in to plug a TV show that he'll be getting fees/royalties from.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ray thanking him so much for coming in. He didn't come in to see you, Ray. He came in to plug a TV show that he'll be getting fees/royalties from.

Quit while you're on top, isn't that what they say. He should have rode off into the sunset on that Honda 50 the Bono man gave him on his retirement, with Kathleen and her harp on the back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Quit while you're on top, isn't that what they say. He should have rode off into the sunset on that Honda 50 the Bono man gave him on his retirement, with Kathleen and her harp on the back.

he lost his nuts to a dodgy accountant he had who spent all his savings. i wouldn’t say he’s short of a few quid but he’s more than likely still in for the money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

sightband wrote: »
    he lost his nuts to a dodgy accountant he had who spent all his savings. i wouldn’t say he’s short of a few quid but he’s more than likely still in for the money.

Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

humberklog wrote: »
    Twice.

Yep, ended up shirtless when the bank shares went south.
    He admitted at the time that he would have to increase his workload as he was worried about Kathleen being provided for if he went before her.

I don't think he's anywhere near as wealthy as some people think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah should clarify the "twice"post. 1st time he was mugged over by Russell Murphy in the 90's. 2nd time ('07) his shares and investments with Derek Quinlan were wiped out.

I’d always be suspicious of these ‘financial experts’ Humber.

They are not in the business of helping you, just themselves.

Lad from AIB rang me recently to enquirer how he could ‘maximise ‘ my deposit account.

Without much delay I encouraged him to ‘fcuk off’ and find another patsy to manipulate.

Only language these gloamers understand Humber.

Apologies for the rather coarse language.

Obligatory plug for Coppers.

He did this "Number 1 when you were 14" crap before.

Looks like he is a paid up member of the ‘done an seen’ brigade.

Out it came today “ I understand what Simon Coveney done about this”

Or something like that, but definitely a card carrying member of the ‘done an seen’ lads.

Irony is we pay this clown guts of half a mill to blow out the English language.

Couldnt make it up.

He's really ripping the p1$$ at this stage. He takes an ad break at 3:57 till 3:59. Then talks sh1te for another 5 mins before handing over to Nuacht and sport.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's really ripping the p1$$ at this stage. He takes an ad break at 3:57 till 3:59. Then talks sh1te for another 5 mins before handing over to Nuacht and sport.

Have to agree Joe, much as I try not to be cretinous, today we had “hostillery”
    instead of ‘hostelry’ we had “went” instead of ‘gone’ Then we have the utterly stupid kind of ‘run’ he goes at introducing the Nuacht and the presenter as if he was reading phonetically.....

Then there’s the child psychologist at the end and he doesn’t get enough time.

In any event this kind of ‘advice’ to me, given over the air, is banal and of little use.

One could argue it does more harm than good.

The lad does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray was told he had a mathematical brain so couldnt appreciate poetry ? is he for real ?

goochy wrote: »
    Ray was told he had a mathematical brain so couldnt appreciate poetry ? is he for real ?

Sounds like something the wise old turkey told him back in the day when he was on the Den....and he believed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Not saying i am a big fan of love island , but not surprised a person as dull as Ray would have no interest whatever about the ' contestants ' flaws at least they have personalities

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Not saying i am a big fan of love island , but not surprised a person as dull as Ray would have no interest whatever about the ' contestants ' flaws at least they have personalities

what was on about with Love Island ? I'd imagine he is disgusted talking about it !!

I would say he is in step with 98%of people in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

(added by moderator)

It must have been a bit of a coup to have Rupert Everett on the show. I wonder how that came about?
    But I got the feeling that Ray didn't know very much about Wilde. My feeling was that Everett deserved to be interviewed by someone who knew about film and who knew about Wilde and that person was not Ray.
    It's not every day Rupert Everett swings by. Or am I being too harsh on Razor?

bobbyss wrote: »
    It must have been a bit of a coup to have Rupert Everett on the show. I wonder how that came about?
    But I got the feeling that Ray didn't know very much about Wilde. My feeling was that Everett deserved to be interviewed by someone who knew about film and who knew about Wilde and that person was not Ray.

No mate, you are correct.

Good synopsis,like I keep saying,hairdresser radio is Raymond’s acme,like who won the slipper of ham in the Sheaf O’Wheat at the weekend.

“Neeeau great... Molly Donnelly got the big prize over the weekend..well dun Molly..well dun... now onto more serious things...ha ha ha what’s going on in Fair City....ha ha hah”

Jeez man!,,

bobbyss wrote: »

Not really. He's flogging a show. Probably on a rake of shows before and after Ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Ray said that 200 euro was enough to give as a wedding present for 2 people, I think I agree with him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement