Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

gamecube wrote: »
    Ray said that 200 euro was enough to give as a wedding present for 2 people, I think I agree with him

That's a very scabby gift. Most newly weds will be paying at least 125 per head meaning the gift should be AT LEAST 150 to cover the cost and give something to the new couple. If you can't afford it. Don't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

That's a very scabby gift. Most newly weds will be paying at least 125 per head meaning the gift should be AT LEAST 150 to cover the cost and give something to the new couple. If you can't afford it. Don't go.

Agreed. Did he actually say €200 was enough for a couple? I would think €350 to €400 is about right.

Agreed. Did he actually say €200 was enough for a couple? I would think €350 to €400 is about right.

Yep. Ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Why the f*ck should you cover the cost of someone else’s party where they are the centrepiece of the whole charade? Especially when your €125 is spent on the ****tiest plate of reheated carvery shíte imaginable.

Every single wedding invite I’ve had for the last 10 years has been like a bill come through the post. I’d say I was happy to be over that hump of expenses but my concern is now that most of them have ended and I’ll be on to round two of these events.

You know they’ll never end well when a good few of the attendees have been up the bride and the groom has been up their plus ones.

For once I am in agreement with darcy, reluctantly though and only in principle because with the wedge that useless c*nt is on he shouldn’t have any issue dishing out a few grand to any wedding he attends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Disagree. I’m not a Ray fan, but am with him on this one. I’m single and give 150/200 for myself (family & friends more) but 200/250 seems the norm for couples that I know.

• Advertisement

sightband wrote: »
    Why the f*ck should you cover the cost of someone else’s party where they are the centrepiece of the whole charade? Especially when your €125 is spent on the ****tiest plate of reheated carvery shíte imaginable.

Every single wedding invite I’ve had for the last 10 years has been like a bill come through the post. I’d say I was happy to be over that hump of expenses but my concern is now that most of them have ended and I’ll be on to round two of these events.

You know they’ll never end well when a good few of the attendees have been up the bride and the groom has been up their plus ones.

For once I am in agreement with darcy, reluctantly though and only in principle because with the wedge that useless c*nt is on he shouldn’t have any issue dishing out a few grand to any wedding he attends.

Re-read my post pal. If you aren't able to afford to attend a wedding then decline the invitation. Don't be turning up with one are longer than the other and a €150 in the card thinking that's acceptable for a couple because it aint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

€150 per couple would be fine imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

pintman Paddy who are you to decide whats acceptable ?- pay what you can afford - €150 for single person and €250 for couple sounds right - weddings cost money to go to also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

“Accidentally”tuned in for five minutes or so yesterday, and left him on out of morbid curiosity.

He didn’t pontificate much to be fair during that brief window but mentioned Jenneh about twenty times and smacked/slurped his lips at least once at the end of every sentence, until I could stand no more (slurp).

That alone drove me back to TuneIn. Has the man some kind of orthodontic issue or what? He’s worse than Des Cahill, who sounds perpetually pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

“Accidentally”tuned in for five minutes or so yesterday, and left him on out of morbid curiosity.

He didn’t pontificate much to be fair during that brief window but mentioned Jenneh about twenty times and smacked/slurped his lips at least once at the end of every sentence, until I could stand no more (slurp).

That alone drove me back to TuneIn. Has the man some kind of orthodontic issue or what? He’s worse than Des Cahill, who sounds perpetually pissed.

Desssie just likes ‘de paartie’ .

Has more interest in the ‘afters’ than the actual event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Re-read my post pal. If you aren't able to afford to attend a wedding then decline the invitation. Don't be turning up with one are longer than the other and a €150 in the card thinking that's acceptable for a couple because it aint!

200 for a couple is more than adequate. If the bride and groom chose to spend extra thousands on chocolate fountains, personalised napkins and cigar stands (and other ****e) that is not my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭bobbyss

sligojoek wrote:
    Not really. He's flogging a show. Probably on a rake of shows before and after Ray

But was he though? I only stumbled across him on Ray's programme. I was surprised. Everett writes like an angel. Speaks so well. Is kind of humble.
    Wilde had an Irish accent (I think?) and I wonder was that in his film? A question Ray could have asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I like listening to Harry Barry? when he’s on Sean O’Rourke Show. Today on Rays Show, I was trying to figure out who was the expert as Ray had an opinion on everything Harry said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

honeybear wrote: »
    I like listening to Harry Barry? when he’s on Sean O’Rourke Show. Today on Rays Show, I was trying to figure out who was the expert as Ray had an opinion on everything Harry said.

Thought exactly the same thing.... Painful to listen to but I persisted just to hear what Harry Barry was actually saying when he eventually got to complete a sentence without Dr Ray's input.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I missed the Vicky Phelan news, what was it. Just a drug or some real good news for her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I missed the Vicky Phelan news, what was it. Just a drug or some real good news for her ?
    VICKY PHELAN HAS said a revolutionary drug treatment she has been undergoing appears to be working and her tumours have shrunk significantly.

http://www.thejournal.ie/vicky-phelan-cervical-cancer-2-4071119-Jun2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

I have never actually met someone who admitted they like Rat Darcy's current radio persona. They must be out there but they seem to keep it quiet.

Standard Bibi Baskin interview goes as follows:-

Ray/Any Interviewer: So you come from Donegal?
    Bibi: Yes, but I have a difference from ordinary Donegal people. I’m Protestant.
    Ray/Any Interviewer: you were in RTE?
    BiBi: Yes, but I got bored being such a dimly lit RTE star.
    Ray/Any Interviewer: so went had a hotel in India?
    Bibi: For longer than I care to remember. I got bored with that too.
    Ray/Any Interviewer: So you’re back here now with your ever so sexy voice. You fit into the RTE seat there so very snuggly.
    Bibi: You’ve said it.
    Ray/Any Interviewer: you’re now doing the Indian health gig thing?
    Bibi: I love anything Indian, goodness knows I’m well qualified in ancient Indian health system being of similar vintage myself.
    Ray/Any Interviewer: But you’d like to be sitting in my or any other hot seat in RTE, except mine’s not for the taking don’t you know?
    Bibi: Di Forbes, hint hint hint hint, and you might even be able to afford me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Bibi Baskin gives me a pain in my f**king face. Every couple of months she swans in to RTE and strolls down the corridors .... like a pretty girl walking past a group of guys, tossing her hair back and throwing those "come and get me eyes" to RTE management. Well listen Bibi, it's not the 1980s, and your milkshake doesn't bring all the boys to the yard any more. If you want a job send in your CV like everybody else.
    And what would she present anyway. She has been out of the country for years, so she is out of touch with politics and societal issues. Unless RTE commission a documentary about George Harrison's Sitar Music, I'm not sure what advantage her foreign experiences will be.
    And finally, D'Arcy makes me sick with this "I'm always telling them in here about you" sycophantic bullsh1t. Ray should know that they hired him, so competence is not high on the f**king list of criteria for RTE management.

Bibi Baskin gives me a pain in my f**king face. Every couple of months she swans in to RTE and strolls down the corridors .... like a pretty girl walking past a group of guys, tossing her hair back and throwing those "come and get me eyes" to RTE management. Well listen Bibi, it's not the 1980s, and your milkshake doesn't bring all the boys to the yard any more. If you want a job send in your CV like everybody else.
    And what would she present anyway. She has been out of the country for years, so she is out of touch with politics and societal issues. Unless RTE commission a documentary about George Harrison's Sitar Music, I'm not sure what advantage her foreign experiences will be.
    And finally, D'Arcy makes me sick with this "I'm always telling them in here about you" sycophantic bullsh1t. Ray should know that they hired him, so competence is not high on the f**king list of criteria for RTE management.

Farcy is always making oblique references to the fact that he wonders why RTE hired him as “I’m nothin special”. I’d say Jenny filled out the CV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray tells us she's on to tell us the "Soundtrack of her life".

Bullsh1t.

She's on to tell us about her mindfullness book/business. Nothing else. She referred to it several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,805 ✭✭✭✭L1011

And what would she present anyway. She has been out of the country for years, so she is out of touch with politics and societal issues. .

She's been on and off the morning show on 96 in Cork for years.

That was quite a long interview with a writer called Liz Nugent. Are all interviews that long? Never heard of her before.

I think Brenda mentioned Liz's husband works for RTE so that might explain it..

Brenda is a breath of fresh air compared to Ray.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I think Brenda mentioned Liz's husband works for RTE so that might explain it..

Brenda is a breath of fresh air compared to Ray.

She seemed to know him quite well too as far as I could make out and that may very well explain it.

I didn't quite catch whether she has read any of her books though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

it really annoys me what a womans woman and how girly Brenda is - its all so fluffy and girly - when talking yesterday about someone going out with a friends ex and is it breaking the sisterhood - someone said theres no sisterhood just bitchiness - Brenda of course was having none of it - probably doesnt cop the women are talking behind each others backs.

thought it was funny back on the Mooney show when the producer talked about parents living through their kids and pushing them to do Billie Barry stuff whether they had talent or not and actually mention Brenda - even though she worked on the show !

Brenda asking Charlie Murphy if her boyfriend was a 'hunk'.

Dear oh dear.

Imagine if Ray asked a guest if his wife was a "babe". Stranger things have happened.

He's sorted for two interviews next week.
    Peter Stringer retiring and Vicky Phelan getting an honourary doctorate at UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

bobbyss wrote: »
    Brenda asking Charlie Murphy if her boyfriend was a 'hunk'.

Dear oh dear.

Sadly that’s what Dee has thrown down on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Turned on to today for a few minutes only to see that Brenda was filling in. How is she allowed to be on a prime time radio slot.. Does she know where the bodies are buried??? I wanted to throw the radio out the window

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement