Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Glebee wrote: »
    Turned on to today for a few minutes only to see that Brenda was filling in. How is she allowed to be on a prime time radio slot.. Does she know where the bodies are buried??? I wanted to throw the radio out the window

Waste of a good device, do like I did,switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Brenda is annoying but nowhere near as Ray - i would prefer her to Ray - but then i would prefer anyone to Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

goochy wrote: »
    Brenda is annoying but nowhere near as Ray - i would prefer her to Ray - but then i would prefer anyone to Ray

She's kinda growing on me to be honest in much the same context as yourself.

Unfortunately she does come across as a little too eager, as if she's doing an audition and not a national radio show.

If she could also start pronouncing her 'ing's' correctly that would make a world of difference.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    She's kinda growing on me to be honest in much the same context as yourself.

Unfortunately she does come across as a little too eager, as if she's doing an audition and not a national radio show.

If she could also start pronouncing her 'ing's' correctly that would make a world of difference.

Pronouncing words correctly...RTE…… you having a laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pronouncing words correctly...RTE…… you having a laugh?

It would nearly drive one to se-yewicide*

*© Àine Lawlor.

• Advertisement

I was dee-termined to dee-sist from dee-scribing the game

©️Eamon Dunphy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Depushy polishical edishor.

Mary Wilson

“The plice....©️Mary Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Ray is relaxing on a beach somewhere now thinking.....Fighting with a teddy bear on the Den 25 years ago brought me a hell of a lot of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Copyright infringement...

Pleece
    © Sharon Ni Bheolain

I was just about to post the very same comment.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Copyright infringement...

Pleece
    © Sharon Ni Bheolain

Da fuuuhrke......whoooooy

People who eat icebergers like Ray are dull - so apt. - but i am quite partial to one myself and have never been called dull !
    whenever i hear Brenda on - all i can think of is Operation transformation and think of melons !

5 millilitres of rainfall. Good man ray

sligojoek wrote: »
    5 millilitres of rainfall. Good man ray

He was back, awkward as ever,the guy doesn’t have it.

That’s about it, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

sligojoek wrote: »
    I think Brenda mentioned Liz's husband works for RTE so that might explain it..

Brenda is a breath of fresh air compared to Ray.

Tuned in today and Brenda`s gone, I was just warming a bit to her down to earth style. Now we are back to Ray Darcy preaching at us while he counts his €500k salary during the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

His interview with Annalise Murphy was going well until he tried to tell her how many people should be in a yacht. Joe Duffy must have given him the first draft of his new matty maticks buke to proof read.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

His interview with Annalise Murphy was going well until he tried to tell her how many people should be in a yacht. Joe Duffy must have given him the first draft of his new matty maticks buke to proof read.

If he’s taking interviewing techniques and tips from Joseph he’ll have asked her “wat colour is de yacht?”. He probably did....

Cant warm to that Annalise one at all , think its the south county Dublin accent. wonder what listener figures were like while Brenda on - if people like myself just keep radio 1 on after Joe Duffy surely theres no need to pay a mediocre presenter big money .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Cant warm to that Annalise one at all , think its the south county Dublin accent. wonder what listener figures were like while Brenda on - if people like myself just keep radio 1 on after Joe Duffy surely theres no need to pay a mediocre presenter big money .

I didn’t hear her interview on the RDS but any time I’ve heard her interviewed before, I’ve always thought she comes across well.

One of the great mysteries of our time Mr G.

• Advertisement

i am a Dub , but sorry just dont like that posh south county Dublin accent - reverse snobbery.

The first thing I think about when I hear her on radio is her arse (Annalise not Brenda).
    She was on some documentary on RTE years ago about being photographed or painted in the nude.

interesting

The first thing I think about when I hear her on radio is her arse (Annalise not Brenda).
    She was on some documentary on RTE years ago about being photographed or painted in the nude.

Yeh....last resort of the wannabe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

D'Arcy gets about 170,000 fewer listeners than Liveline.

Yeh....last resort of the wannabe

She was only getting started then I think (it must have been at least ten years ago).
    John Waters was on it as well (*shivers*) so your observation isn't too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'm starting a go fund me page, want to buy a submarine and torpedo this idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Loonies jumping off buildings ??? what did I miss ?

Listening to Ray and Jim there, you'd feel like jumping off a building.

He takes an ad break at 7 mins to 4. A tenner says he'll overshoot the runway again at 4.00.

• Advertisement

Rays tells us child shrink gives advice F.0.C , nots its not Ray theres a thing called the licence fee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement