Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Ah but shur lookit", They're only a poor organisation trying to do the best with the funds they have. And I don't mean the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hopeless broadcasting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just heard end of interview with guy called Pat - Ray’s reply to comments with a disinterested “yeah” was really rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

honeybear wrote:
    Just heard end of interview with guy called Pat - Ray’s reply to comments with a disinterested “yeah†was really rude.

That's another little thing I have noticed. He's always doing it. It's a disinterested tone. And it is rude and unprofessional. Is there nobody from the programme listening to him? Why don't they step in and advise him.

Why won't he invite Senator Ronan back as a guest! A good kick up the a rse is what Ray needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus,D’Arcy even latched on to a priest Ray Something I think who made a slip on the show today.

The ignorant little lad then corrected him and hung him out to dry.

Given his record on slip ups it was totally unnecessary and puerile and put the guy in an embarrassing position.

Like I said, no class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

a sure sign of insecurity , jenny probably corrects him all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

This week is truly shocking. I know it started to rain and they moved inside to the Radisson today but did Darcy have to keep saying on air to his producer, "Mark I`m still getting an echo".

A couple of years ago when Anton Savage was on Today FM, he did a week on the Shannon properly using a cruiser, i.e. sailing it and sleeping on it. He callled the week " Ant on Dec" and it was very good.

Darcy meanwhile is disinterested and pathetic. He even let slip today that Jenny and the kids are with him and enjoyed this morning in the Hudson Bay Aqua Park. As if he is`nt paid enough he had to bring the family on a freebee

Drifter50 wrote: »
    This week is truly shocking. I know it started to rain and they moved inside to the Radisson today but did Darcy have to keep saying on air to his producer, "Mark I`m still getting an echo".

A couple of years ago when Anton Savage was on Today FM, he did a week on the Shannon properly using a cruiser, i.e. sailing it and sleeping on it. He callled the week " Ant on Dec" and it was very good.

Darcy meanwhile is disinterested and pathetic. He even let slip today that Jenny and the kids are with him and enjoyed this morning in the Hudson Bay Aqua Park. As if he is`nt paid enough he had to bring the family on a freebee

Why does this not surprise me?

Crazy stuff.

And then gives Mammy endless minutes to publicise MD Higgins.

Something smells here.

From the few bits I heard all week it seems to be all about RTE's golden circle of go to guests. Rachel Allen, Rory Cowan, Mammy O Rourke, Nathan Carter, Declan O Rourke and Catherine Lynch to name a few

ray just cracked a bad joke about having semi famous people from area on show , as usual with Rays humour went down like a lead baloon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

sligojoek wrote:
    From the few bits I heard all week it seems to be all about RTE's golden circle of go to guests. Rachel Allen, Rory Cowan, Mammy O Rourke, Nathan Carter, Declan O Rourke and Catherine Lynch to name a few

Think you forgot Daniel and that Panty person.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Was I hearing things or did he call Drumshambo , Dunshambo about 5 times today.
    Hope the gimp is enjoying his little breakeen on the taxpayers dime.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised, Od.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Drumshambo?? Do you mean Drumshanbo?

I also heard him say that Athlone is on the Wild Atlantic Way..

Clearly the individuals he was interviewing yesterday in Carrick on Shannon about the hay contest were maybe shy and not used to interviews.

What does Darcy say " Can I ask you are you in politics " when he was`nt getting the smart snappy answers he thought he wanted.

Darcy cop yourself on

He was acting like he had done kind of chemical inducements today. High as a kite in a cringworthy way

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

A lot of radio presenters get stick on boards but there is no thread as active in calling out these poor performances as the Ray D'Arcy one.

RTE is full of overpaid crap presenters. I have been wondering what it is about Ray that inspires such vitriol?

I think it is his general condescending attitude, combined with his huge salary and palapable lack of preparation and intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Did you hear the actor Chris O'Dowd's father used the word Ni**er live on the show today when being interviewed from Lough Key in Roscommon?

A lot of radio presenters get stick on boards but there is no thread as active in calling out these poor performances as the Ray D'Arcy one.

RTE is full of overpaid crap presenters. I have been wondering what it is about Ray that inspires such vitriol?

I think it is his general condescending attitude, combined with his huge salary and palapable lack of preparation and intelligence.

I think you nailed it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭roshje

Did you hear the actor Chris O'Dowd's father used the word Ni**er live on the show today when being interviewed from Lough Key in Roscommon?

Yes

He's a bit too palapable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

You aren’t following the Live Line thread I’m guessing, resident presenter Joe “fateen” Duffy doesn’t get off too lightly on that either, when he’s there that is which isn’t all that often.

What is your defintion of often?

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 135
    Joe Shows: 106
    No Show Joe Shows: 29

bobbyss wrote: »
    That's another little thing I have noticed. He's always doing it. It's a disinterested tone. And it is rude and unprofessional. Is there nobody from the programme listening to him? Why don't they step in and advise him.

Why won't he invite Senator Ronan back as a guest! A good kick up the a rse is what Ray needs.

The other day he was talking to a woman in Carrick on Shannon. He brought up the problem of the bottleneck in traffic around there. She said there were several bottleneck areas around Dublimj.

Ray went "Yeah yeah... So you won the (insert award here). Tell us about that.

Box ticking exercise.

more praise from Ray about women and emojis - does he ever have anything positive to say about men or has jenny drummed it out of him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone hear him interviewing Irish actor with a small role in Coronation Street yesterday-it was woeful

honeybear wrote: »
    Anyone hear him interviewing Irish actor with a small role in Coronation Street yesterday-it was woeful

Yep, I heard that, he`s dreadful at the moment as if he has lost interest altogether asides from his general aloofness and preaching.

Mind you Adam Weafer did come across as very nervous and reluctant

Farcy explaining love island on the radio. He's getting half a mill foe this !!! Asshole

Edit...gets worse he plays a clip aghh

• Advertisement

No time for love island bashers - tv snobs - its very well made - they know how to keep the audiences interest.

Ray is one of the dullest people on the planet so would not expect him to like it.
    if i had a drink with him in a pub - i would top my self

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement