Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ellie Ellie Ellie
    Tom Tom Tom
    Kate Kate Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Mind you I dont listen to D'Arcy either so really need to find alternative station for this
    time slot

If you want easy listening Rick O'Shea is on RTE Gold from 3 to 6.

Grand bit of background music. and very little chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Prefer Kathryn to Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Less than one minute into opening and Kathryn Thomas says its a great day tp come back to work as a new 'MOM' .....first of many many sprog related comments to bore us all im sure

I suppose those who listen in every day will be given daily updates on baby. No doubt weceill hear her complain about not having rest or sleep.
    Incredible interesting stories about her new baby that we all are so interested in.

Just like other people's holiday snaps.

I'm out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

sligojoek wrote: »
    Straight in with the baby talk. 2 weeks of this. Maaawms.

i always thought she's the image of the actor james nesbitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That was some sh1te today.

I gave her 10 mins after the news , the same as I do with anyone else.

Came back later and.

So hurling is part of her soul now and it's in her DNA . And blaaa de blaaa . Hurling is great etc.

I love hurling and I come from a great hurling village and county but I'm sick of hurling on everything on RTE lately , It's in every second ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Didn't know she had a four month old !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

"For anyone who doesn't know, I'm a new maaawwm.

I think we all know at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

An ad for the "Ray D'Arcy" show on today. With Kathryn Thomas asking the questions. And then you listen to the show and Brenda is presenting. Absolutely ridiculous waste of money.

How many weeks has he had off at this stage, it really is beyond a joke what a holiday camp that f**king RTE place has become.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Don't rush back Ray. I think Kathryn or Brenda do a way better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Don't rush back Ray. I think Kathryn or Brenda do a way better job.

A monkey would do a better job than Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A monkey would do a better job than Ray.

Ooooh.... not Brenda....nah

Let’s settle down here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ooooh.... not Brenda....nah

Let’s settle down here please.

Brenda just needs a few months at it

she comes across warmly on the radio unlike Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

An ad for the "Ray D'Arcy" show on today. With Kathryn Thomas asking the questions. And then you listen to the show and Brenda is presenting. Absolutely ridiculous waste of money.

How many weeks has he had off at this stage, it really is beyond a joke what a holiday camp that f**king RTE place has become.

Now that they think there is more money around they seem to have gone back to the secondary school length summer holidays for their "stars". This despite RTE's current disastrous financial situation. The argument that it is a conspiracy on the taxpayer for the benefit of an overpriveleged, interrelated bunch of hypocritical luvvies does not seem unjustified.
    Root and branch reform is urgently needed. The sooner the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Public service broadcasters are often unpopular because the element of being coerced into paying for something like that is annoying.

I think people would accept a slimmed down RTE with with just radio 1, RnaG, RTE1 and anything else deemed vital to us as a nation though. RTE2 and 2FM should be done away with immediately.

It's the wages of the likes of Darcy, Duffy and O'Callaghan that really piss people off though. There are better presenters on my local community radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Public service broadcasters are often unpopular because the element of being coerced into paying for something like that is annoying.

I think people would accept a slimmed down RTE with with just radio 1, RnaG, RTE1 and anything else deemed vital to us as a nation though. RTE2 and 2FM should be done away with immediately.

I would prefer to keep those stations. It gives a greater choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

I would prefer to keep those stations. It gives a greater choice.

Judging by your previous posts it is clear that you have your head up RTE's arse so that does not surprise me.

One only needs to look at a week of RTE 2's nightly output to realise that most of its programmes are foreign imports. What does the Big Bang Theory have to do with a public service broadcaster's remit?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jude The Obscure

Ffs Katherine:mad:

The show has turned in to Toddler FM

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Is that a team of just the six pulling this show together? Sorry for Neil who can’t co-ordinate the timing of his sausage and beans. Almost got to ten past before the first mention of “himself”. Awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

God almighty, todays show was the worst I have heard yet. Does Kathryn even think men exist anymore. Almost every contributor peddling a feminist agenda or a new mom agenda

Dreadful journalism, no balance whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

did she talk about Carnation street (her pronunciation)..
    t'was over to rte gold for me.

That tan woman today: (I've always wanted to say that but could never get away with it ) was some dose. How many times did she mention/praise Gavin Duffy? Funy how there's talks of him running for prez soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was watching the latest Sasha Baron Cohen vehicle, "Who Is America?" last night. While it's weak overall IMO, one character was discussing his new book in his intro, the tile of which was:

Masculinity and other Hate Crimes.

Not fully grasping satire, I can imagine Ray, Ciara Kelly, Norah Casey, and Dil rushing out to buy it in Easons Waterstones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

A 20 minute monologue of shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

A 20 minute monologue of shyte.

i'm almost afraid to ask, but on what ??

DRINK !!!!

It's an absolutely terrible show.
    Holy fook...your skin looks great...he's just said that :(.

sligojoek wrote: »
    DRINK !!!!

That was the 2nd monologue :)

6 minutes after 4 for the nuacht!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He rails against the church but he is worse than any 1950's puritanical priest

The irony is lost on him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement