Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Oh God, Father Ray AND Father Brian D'arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Priests, celibacy and religion.

In the words of Derek Mooney, Byeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

I wonder will Ray mention his atheism?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

spud82 wrote: »
    I wonder will Ray mention his atheism?

not one mention, must have been told not to

who is the mystery voice?
    My Guess Tracy Piggott

My Guess Tracy Piggott

Anyone else feel listening to Ray D'arcy now is like listening to Ray with a PG cert? He seems to have completed quietened down and isn't as vocal about his beliefs and issues?

• Advertisement

Anyone else feel listening to Ray D'arcy now is like listening to Ray with a PG cert? He seems to have completed quietened down and isn't as vocal about his beliefs and issues?

isn't that what everyone wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My Guess Tracy Piggott

Emma Thompson

Haven't listened much to the Ray d'Arcy show since it started - bits and pieces here and there - but I have to say it's a lot more bland and boring than I'd expected.

Never listened to Today FM, but I get the impression from comments on here that he was a lot more up front, maybe controversial?

Very much along the lines of Derek, except the host isn't annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Ray sparring with that pain in the neck, Louis Walsh :) Walsh on defensive at first, can't remember his own acts but hits back at D'Arcy, his hair and TV aspirations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What are those researchers/gatekeepers/phonecalltakers paid for if they let three callers through, all with the same guess :confused:

No winner- they are adding on e20 for tomorrow, whoop-de-doo, jesus I'd sooner have a bobble head ray

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What are those researchers/gatekeepers/phonecalltakers paid for if they let three callers through, all with the same guess :confused:

yeah, true- could they not have asked the callers what their guesses were?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

BarryD wrote: »
    Ray sparring with that pain in the neck, Louis Walsh :) Walsh on defensive at first, can't remember his own acts but hits back at D'Arcy, his hair and TV aspirations.
    Didn't hear it. Did he not get the easy ride and Brenda brown nosing that he's so used to?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Didn't hear it. Did he not get the easy ride and Brenda brown nosing that he's so used to?

No to be fair, Ray led him on a bit but then suggested that most of his acts were very forgettable. Walsh started protesting a bit but couldn't quite remember himself when asked! Touche!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Comrade Kronk

He really seems to have difficulty in working the Machines. Why is that does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

BarryD wrote: »
    No to be fair, Ray led him on a bit but then suggested that most of his acts were very forgettable. Walsh started protesting a bit but couldn't quite remember himself when asked! Touche!

They made it clear at the start that it would be a no holds barred interview on condition Ray played a song by Louis' latest invention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

He really seems to have difficulty in working the Machines. Why is that does anyone know??

All the equipment was left hand drive in Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Opens up complaining. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Ray Darcy has a son ?

:rolleyes:

He's from Kildare also ??

he's never mentioned it..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

whinge whinge moan and a complaint:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

what an absolute whiner

• Advertisement

Sounds like he's just got out of bed..... And that's not his man flu that just his usual lethargic demeanour since he rejoined RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

evilivor wrote: »
    Opens up complaining. Again.

Complaining about what?

Jaysus Ray, you may have been in bed for sixteen hours but this peanut thing has been rehashed on nearly every RTE1 radio slot today already................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Poor Tom, thrown in crèche so much for jenny spending more time with kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Darcy always has seemed to me extremely uneasy when broadcasting - I've always thought this even back in his Den days.

And I was a kid then and I could notice it.

On Radio he uses jokes to cover it , but they are just cringeworthy and inappropriate.

OMG a cold? Is it MAN FLU??? Should we send an ambulance?

whats with all the crappy background noises? between that and his sniffling and whining whoever hired him in RTE must be seriously worried. then again its RTE, our cash their playground.

statto25 wrote: »
    Complaining about what?

He's got a bug... :-(
    that one of his kids picked up in the creche ... :-(
    And apparently he thinks we would rather hear about his than be entertained this afternoon..

"I would rather be anywhere else today.. " ... that should have been the theme tune for D'Arcy's show..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

statto25 wrote: »
    Complaining about what?

How the crèche gave his son flu and now Ray has it.

• Advertisement

OMG a cold? Is it MAN FLU??? Should we send an ambulance?

no. the ambulances are busy running to collect scam artist scrote 'land league' and water protesters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement