Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

he announced he was an atheist the other day - didnt know he actually classed himself as that just that he didnt like church .
    whats the bets Jenny has brainwashed him to hate the church as well as men !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It was like Radio London today with all the english guests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

goochy wrote: »
    he announced he was an atheist the other day - didnt know he actually classed himself as that just that he didnt like church .!

Oh he has being for a good while now. Didn't stop him giving out that he had to work on good Friday when most Of The rte regulars were off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

He rails against the church but he is worse than any 1950's puritanical priest

The irony is lost on him

Did I hear him say , yesterday or the day before,that his ‘radio controller’ said to him to ‘move on’ when he was flogging the idea, for the second day running, of we do not need the catholic religion because the community can go to funerals , weddings, etc, etc, etc, to take part without the catholic religion being involved. We should be able to quietly happily live as a community, helping eachother, being nice to eachother, etc, etc , and religion is not needed in order to live that way
    He takes a swipe at the CC at every opportunity. Because he is so anti religion I fail to understand why he does not take a swipe at other religions, be it Buddhism, the warriors Islamic persuasions- especially the one promoted by Saudi Arabia. Does he pick on the CC because it is a soft target/ populist to do.?

dont forget he had no problem going to church for his fathers funeral , if i was the priest i would have been very cool towards him . he uses his show as a anti church platform

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dont forget he had no problem going to church for his fathers funeral , if i was the priest i would have been very cool towards him . he uses his show as a anti church platform

I wouldn’t give him that much credence G.

Just ignore the lad ....hairdresser radio©️. That’s all it is, chaff.

That’s all it is with that guy ‘running the show’.

Lightweight of the lightest scale.

Chancer of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

if there was any justice in the world him and fateen would fade into obscurity and earn their keep opening tesco express shops while they drive to the events in a Vauxhall astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Ray's definition of an interview is "a means of brow beating a person around to your way of thinking". The interview with the likeable Adrian Chiles being a perfect example.D'Arcy sat in judgement of him the whole way through the interview. Only taking a break from judging him on his drinking habits to judge him for converting to Catholicism.

When speaking about the alcohol, Adrian says "they ask you these questions about your drinking habits, and I don't want to ask you on air Ray but.... " and D'Arcy interrupts with "Oh, I don't mind", knowing that he gets a gold star for never having had any fun ever.

When introducing the topic of the Blair-ic conversion, D'Arcy jumps in accusingly with "you would have had the advantage of having all that knowledge (about the abuse) before you joined up". Chiles should have said "Well Ray, you spent ten years giving out about RTE when you were on Today FM, yet you still went and joined them didn't you?".

He really is a disgustingly biased, petty, insecure man, whose has no interest in the guests opinions. His only interest seem to be a) enforcing his own morals on the guest and b) pointing out the guest's fault so as to make himself feel superior to them. Bring back Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Pea soup

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I wouldn't even fall into the liffey..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

FGS, I could`nt actually believe my ears when he says today " Maybe I should run for president on a reopen all the closed railway lines as greenways platform". Just what goes through his head. Would the producers / managers in RTE not tell him to engage brain before mouth. Appalling stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I wonder when Ray will get Rachel Ullen on (for the umpteenth time) for a bleeding heart interview about her sons misdemeanours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

I don’t really care how insensitive this is but I’m sick to death of listening to that Alzheimer’s posh aul one. I’ve heard her story at least three times on the radio and the same questions are asked each time with the same boring sob story followed by ridiculous text adulation read outs. “The guys”...blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"Ray D'Arcy is good value for RTÉ"
    FoBaAM0.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

zell12 wrote: »
    "Ray D'Arcy is good value for RT
    FoBaAM0.jpg?1

recording a loss of €55k in 2016 :rolleyes::confused:

handy

Farcys bike is like triggers broom.!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

F*ckin porridge

sightband wrote: »
    F*ckin porridge

My job here is "Head of Porridge ' :(.

The drop even of whiskey in yer porridge, Ray, is the only time you ever touch a drop of anything mind-altering.

I’d say he must holidays in Scotland with the love of porridge.

• Advertisement

sightband wrote: »
    I don’t really care how insensitive this is but I’m sick to death of listening to that Alzheimer’s posh aul one. I’ve heard her story at least three times on the radio and the same questions are asked each time with the same boring sob story followed by ridiculous text adulation read outs. “The guys”...blah blah.

It kind of upsets me because I (in my 50s) have quite problems as described by her with mri brain scan results to match, yet my neurologist says all things neurological are ok and stable, not to worry although I did reassure him I have the important things in life in order. Should I beg for a diagnosis of early Alzheimer’s as seems to be advocated by herself and others, and for what as neither cause nor cure is known? Although, that being said it’s good to be on the books of a consultant who would be in touch with any proven new treatments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

That article really annoys me.

Willie O'Reilly says : "He is now on less than he was when he was on Today FM"
    Ray D'Arcy says : "I'm getting paid less than I was. I am very well paid".

It just shows you how highly both Willie O'Reilly and D'Arcy himself values his talents that the biggest selling point of him joining RTE seems to be that he is on less money than he was on in Today FM. Not that he is talented or anything such like. Just because your neighbour down the road lost 500K in the property boom and you only lost 400K, doesn't make you a great lad. And don't forget that RTE are also paying for that annoying wife of his and Will Hanafin (who seems to have disappeared from the show altogether) when they already had producers they could have used. The statement about "getting value" makes no mention of the fact that they are now overstaffed because of this - I saw a picture on Niall Boylan's twitter where he showed his staff of three, and compared it to D'Arcy's staff of eight! But of course, this is great value for money people? Nobody does BS better than RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the tv show is so bad 2mrw i wud prefer going to a 4 hour rendition of the hucklebuck by Crystal swing.
    btw kudos bingo to whoever said pope selfie ray lapping it up like a labrador in a pie factory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray has apparently grown a beard, so he can save time shaving in the morning and thus spend the extra 5 minutes with the kids................

Now we have visions of Ronan Collins using de bedpan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Eight minutes past for Nuacht today. Must be a record.

I listened to Ray D'arcy for the first time in yonks today, and I'm glad I did. That interview with Vicky Phelan was excellent. Is there anything she cannot do? She just made the Ray D'arcy show bearable. Wonderwoman, indeed.

Bit sick of her myself , even my dad said she needs to stop at some stage . I suppose it keeps her busy.
    i know that sounds hard but just seems shes hogging the airwaves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bit sick of her myself , even my dad said she needs to stop at some stage . I suppose it keeps her busy.
    i know that sounds hard but just seems shes hogging the airwaves

Didn’t hear interview but any time I’ve heard her she talks more about other women than herself-she’s inspirational imo

• Advertisement

i know but you can get too much of a good thing !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement