Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I tuned in after 4 today for the sports news and had to wait as usual. It was followed by texts from people saying Vicky Phelan should run for president. Of course Ray agreed with them. That would be a great idea alright. Landing the country with the expense of another election in 2 years time. I've seen first hand what cancer can and will do. In 12 months time she wouldn't be able to carry out any presidential duties let alone 7 years. If you're reading , Ray, be realistic and stop playing to the gallery.

I listened to Ray D'arcy for the first time in yonks today, and I'm glad I did. That interview with Vicky Phelan was excellent. Is there anything she cannot do? She just made the Ray D'arcy show bearable. Wonderwoman, indeed.

In spite of Ray , not because of him, as they say
    goochy wrote: »
    Bit sick of her myself , even my dad said she needs to stop at some stage . I suppose it keeps her busy.
    i know that sounds hard but just seems shes hogging the airwaves

I admire her and everything she's done but I feel RTE are using her for ratings.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I admire her and everything she's done but I feel RTE are using her for ratings.
    Yeah, I agree.

I mean, not in a way that some producer in montrose is rubbing his hands in glee and saying 'bring me the dying lady!", but her story appeals to some macabre aspect within a lot of people that wants to get up close to her and know what it's like to be dying. People love f--ed up drama like that. Producers know that too, and I guess it's their job to be cynical in that way.

Anyway she's done a great job on the cervical cancer issue so far; seems like a lovely lady, with a no-nonsense approach to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ray is a ****.

That's fine and it works for Ireland 2018.

Misery, anti-Catholic & feminist propaganda will only get you so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bit sick of her myself , even my dad said she needs to stop at some stage . I suppose it keeps her busy.
    i know that sounds hard but just seems shes hogging the airwaves

She's easier than Emma Mhic Mhathuna to listen to who has been dealt an identical hand.

I suppose different people cope in different ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭amlinopta

And today’s death is by sepsis as the misery continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

waiting with bated breath for rays fair and impartial discussion on usa later.
    chat ye later ray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Gina London's bias is almost as sickening as D'Arcy's. But I guess she worked for CNN so she has an excuse. Who does D'Arcy blame - his brain washing missus I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Gina London's bias is almost as sickening as D'Arcy's. But I guess she worked for CNN so she has an excuse. Who does D'Arcy blame - his brain washing missus I suppose.

Didn’t hear Programme but read Gina’s columns every week on Sunday Indo. I like her columns

Lads, seriously, is there anything some people will not blame on women?

D'arcy's personality is all on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Lads, seriously, is there anything some people will not blame on women?

D'arcy's personality is all on him.

Darcy didn’t de-ball himself .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He allowed himself to be de-balled...

ah here, give it a rest, will you?

Not really interested in the gonads of anyone in media. If you are, there are other websites for that.

A musician with a social conscience who thinks the politicians are doing a bad job. Well that's unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

i missed the Gina London interview - what did she blame men on ? strange that she moved to cork - fine looking woman - just to piss off the feminists !

Ray handled sepsis story on Thursday terribly , telling them it gets easier - when people wont to grieve stll for their son and then telling them they are going to have a **** xmas this year !!

i missed the Gina London interview - what did she blame men on ? strange that she moved to cork - fine looking woman - just to piss off the feminists !

Ray handled sepsis story on Thursday terribly , telling them it gets easier - when people wont to grieve stll for their son and then telling them they are going to have a **** xmas this year !!

Couldn’t agree more. It’s hugely insensitive to say to a parent “it will get easier “ . Even if you have gone though this experience (which Ray hasn’t) it’s an awful thing to come out with. I lost my daughter at 5 years and believe me Ray it doesn’t “get easier”. I really couldn’t believe it when I heard him glibly say that to those poor parents. He really has no true empathy or sensitivity at all.

sorry for your loss Maggie , he lacks emotional intelligence as well as general intelligence which is way his employment in rte is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Couldn’t agree more. It’s hugely insensitive to say to a parent “it will get easier “ . Even if you have gone though this experience (which Ray hasn’t) it’s an awful thing to come out with. I lost my daughter at 5 years and believe me Ray it doesn’t “get easier”. I really couldn’t believe it when I heard him glibly say that to those poor parents. He really has no true empathy or sensitivity at all.

Like I keep saying, guy shouldn’t be allowed next or near to sensitive or serious subjects

Hairdresser©️Radio, that’s all he is up to ...who got voted out of Love Island or something like that.

It’s fairly obvious by now, surely.

Declan Lynch in with Ray today. That'll be some bunch of laughs.
    He never has a good word to say about RTE in his column. Suits him fine when he's plugging his wares.

Jaysus, he is so awkward in this interview.

Sunita is so much more relaxed.

What a nult.

• Advertisement

Declan Lynch in with Ray today. That'll be some bunch of laughs. He never has a good word to say about RTE in his column. Suits him fine when he's plugging his wares.

A bit like Ray when he was in Today FM. Maybe they can have a conversation about what hypocrites the pair of them are?

Why does that idiot D’Arcy have to keep asking for confirmation on everything he says.

“What was his name,Mainwaring,was it.

For Fcuks sake dude research what you are going to comment on.

The interview with Sunita was littered with the same stuff, has to look for confirmation to almost everything he said.

©️Hairdresser Radio.

did he really finish Trinity ? hard to believe - how did he even get the points ?

how did he even get the points ?
    Not saying this personally against you gooch, but it's pretty much as easy to get into trinity as to get into any NUI university in this country.

I have a sibling who did Vet in UCD, who was being commiserated with because she didn't get her second choice in trinity, which i assume was pharmacy or something. Which she didn't even want!

Trinity College has nothing whatever to do with Oxford/ Cambridge, with which they often claim a connection. It isn't true. It's just another provincial university, with a fairly ordinary international profile. (sorry, trinity people)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mountain

Not saying this personally against you gooch, but it's pretty much as easy to get into trinity as to get into any NUI university in this country.

I have a sibling who did Vet in UCD, who was being commiserated with because she didn't get her second choice in trinity, which i assume was pharmacy or something. Which she didn't even want!

Trinity College has nothing whatever to do with Oxford/ Cambridge, with which they often claim a connection. It isn't true. It's just another provincial university, with a fairly ordinary international profile. (sorry, trinity people)

I’m sure joe Duffy would like to have you on liveline for a chat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

mountain wrote: »

:):):)

If he got in I'm sure a chimp could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

did he really finish Trinity ? hard to believe - how did he even get the points ?

He got 24.5 points in his leaving. I don’t know why I remember this. I remember him telling Dr Pixie, just to let her know that he could almost have done medicine at the time,small man has to let everyone he feels inferior to know he is as good as them
    I thought how the hell did he get 24.5 and emailed the show on Todayfm at the time, it was the system from the olden days I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mountain wrote: »
    :):):)

If he got in I'm sure a chimp could do it.

Back when Joseph got into university there were more spaces available than candidates, if you wanted to go to university then you simply applied and almost always got in. There was no CAO, no points race, nothing remotely comparative to the modern system or the competitiveness of such a system.

And despite his frequent and lofty boasts of being a graduate of Trinity College, even then he did a Mickey Mouse degree - and to the best of my knowledge has never returned to any form of academic study.

His laughable outburst one day when arguing with Michael O’Leary that he had the same education as him was both factually incorrect and a hilarious admission of his own ignorance. He basically said all graduates from Trinity had the same education; a fact I’m sure those doing longer and deeper programmes, as well as those pursuing further post graduate qualifications would disagree with. On a simpler level is a medical degree the same as an arts degree? Of course not...unless you’re of a certain insecurity level.

Declan Lynch in with Ray today. That'll be some bunch of laughs.
    He never has a good word to say about RTE in his column. Suits him fine when he's plugging his wares.

Just had a listen back there. Wasn't he doing thar "Poor auld fellas" and Johnny McEvoy nonsense 10 years ago? The gambling book sales must be slowing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Glad ray got back from his run safely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement