Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So you are pure Irish...says Ray

After the guy telling him his father was Polish.... what a nult.

And off he goes, shoots off about ten symptoms of the menapause without a hesitation.

Yet he can’t throw up simple facts without getting confirmation.

What a cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"are yeeeeee old enough to remember vinyl?"

Song starting at 4.01. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ray insulting his listeners now,think del boy has the right word to describe Ray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Song starting at 4.01. WTF?

He did ask his producer(s) as he was thinking of going to Nuacht first but was told to let them play.
    I hate to say it but maybe the incompetence isn't all Ray's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Just getting around to this. Was at Feile Classic in Thurles and the had some old videos drom the 90s as fillers during band changes.
    Up pops Darcy and loads of heads around me started booing when he came up. It made me so happy.
    In fairness I didnt mind him too much back then. Now I can feeling my blood pressure rising when I hear the junk coming out of his brain for 500k a year.

He did ask his producer(s) as he was thinking of going to Nuacht first but was told to let them play.
    I hate to say it but maybe the incompetence isn't all Ray's fault.

I heard that. Then maybe the producer (Will, Jenny?) need their ass(es) kicked. The band weren't even ready to play. Radio one is the flagship, station of record so to speak. If An Nuacht is scheduled to be on at 16.00 then it should be on at 16.00. I'm no Gaelgoir but I fail to see why this news slot is constantly treated with contempt. If he tried running 5 mins into Mary Wilson's slot she'd have his guts for garters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Oh I agree totally. He makes sure he's never a second late for the handover at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

I heard that. Then maybe the producer (Will, Jenny?) need their ass(es) kicked. The band weren't even ready to play. Radio one is the flagship, station of record so to speak. If An Nuacht is scheduled to be on at 16.00 then it should be on at 16.00. I'm no Gaelgoir but I fail to see why this news slot is constantly treated with contempt. If he tried running 5 mins into Mary Wilson's slot she'd have his guts for garters.

He shows nothing but contempt for the Nuacht team, whether it’s himself or his production team making the decision to delay things is irrelevant. I can’t help but feel it’s deliberate and petty. He did openly have an on air tantrum early on in his return to RTÉ about having to hand over to an Nuacht when he was in the middle of what he considered to be a very deep and meaningful discussion about porridge or some such drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

sightband wrote: »
    He shows nothing but contempt for the Nuacht team, whether it’s himself or his production team making the decision to delay things is irrelevant. I can’t help but feel it’s deliberate and petty. He did openly have an on air tantrum early on in his return to RTÉ about having to hand over to an Nuacht when he was in the middle of what he considered to be a very deep and meaningful discussion about porridge or some such drivel.

He is nothing but a 2 dimension prick

If only he had a big roundy thing with hands and numbers on it in the studio. He let Lorraine Keane jabber on about how many houses she had and how great hwr father was. He could easily have cut that short and gone to the music at 15.55. There was nothing groundbreaking about her interview that warranted the overrun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ah you're being too hard on him. He just gets carried away with his interviews/ speels and doesn't keep an eye on the clock. Who doesn't do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He is nothing but a 2 dimension prick

Running and porridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

sightband wrote: »
    He shows nothing but contempt for the Nuacht team, whether it’s himself or his production team making the decision to delay things is irrelevant. I can’t help but feel it’s deliberate and petty. He did openly have an on air tantrum early on in his return to RTabout having to hand over to an Nuacht when he was in the middle of what he considered to be a very deep and meaningful discussion about porridge or some such drivel.

Didn't it used to always be at 1530 when he first started and it was changed because he'd usually start his "big interview" at 3:28 and then go late to nuacht with "ah I have to break for this now". Then he would have to wait to ask the interviewee the killer questions "Who is your no strings".
    I couldn't care a jot for nuacht but it's simple disrespect for others that he annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

What does a horses fart sound like...............

What does a horses fart sound like...............

Your show Raymond..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

So every Friday, Ray buys a bag of spinach to eat for lunch on Saturday.

His little treat to himself at the end of a week of "work".

Is there no end to this man's dullness.

Homework, scrambled eggs and extras in movies. All done to death last week. Can they not come up with anything new?

I bet he asks the writer of "Grace", does he get royalties from it.

I bet he asks the writer of "Grace", does he get royalties from it.
    BINGO

• Advertisement

Will she talk about how she's frequently mistaken for Kate Middleton again? :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not making that up:
    https://www.independent.ie/woman/my-daughter-gets-embarrassed-when-people-mistake-me-for-kate-29343104.html

She should direct those people to the nearest Specsavers!

Jesus not scrambled eggs again

Death is announced of French singer Charles Aznavour, Darcy immediately shifts to Elvis Costello, declaring how good a version he did of Aznavour’s classic “She”.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What song is playing now ?

No don't play Damian Dempsey please for Christ sake.

I think you've answered your own question ita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What song is playing now ?

this one i think? great song,great band!

I don't normally listen to Darcy but is the last five minutes an accurate representation of the usual output ? This is woeful stuff if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"And HOW ARE YOU. We were talking the other day about scrambled eggs... *stupid laugh* ... "
    And bang the radio goes off. Come on RTE, give us something better than this. Load of absolute rubbish every f**king day.

• Advertisement

©️Hairdresser Radio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement