Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

talk about licence fee being bad value - paying the likes of Farcy and Tubridy mad money for mediocre shows is a reason not to pay it - the likes of newstalk get better presenters - not Moncrieff - for much less

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He’s freewheeling for the first 15 mins, and just like the Tubridy show he will be open for business on the quarter hour... listen for it.

Aaaaand as predicted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Giving out about drinking and accidents
    Pontificating about cyclists not wearing high vis vests
    Brow beating people in to breast feeding

The daily f**king preach

Giving out about drinking and accidents
    Pontificating about cyclists not wearing high vis vests
    Brow beating people in to breast feeding

The daily f**king preach

He’s right on the first two,Anto.

Fcuking cyclists on dark roads all in black, I have ‘almost seen’ plenty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He’s right on the first two,Anto.

Fcuking cyclists on dark roads all in black, I have ‘almost seen’ plenty.

Brendan
    Not listening to the wingebag but if he's moaning about cyclists with no hi viz then he is most definitely overpaid,verging on extortion

Ray is such an ass ' i could say cyclists cause less damage breaking red lights than cars but i wont ' - you just did !
    breaking the law is the same whether on a bike or in a car - if i kill a cyclist who broke a red light i have to leave with that memory

He has about as much interest in the GAA as a pig has about a clean waistcoat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

He’s a big fan of the flour sacks when they make it to a Leinster semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

After Micheal said a cupla focail Ray bursts into guffaws of laughter as he hadn't a clue what was being said.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    After Micheal said a cupla focail Ray bursts into guffaws of laughter as he hadn't a clue what was being said.

That stupid laugh kinda says it all about him

Ha hah ha ha ha ha ha

Frikken nult.

sightband wrote: »
    He’s a big fan of the flour sacks when they make it to a Leinster semi final

The ones with ‘ Paul & Vincent’ stencilled on them?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Good man Ray, you can't beat dragging the listenership back to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mountain

So i gave Ray a listen to today, about 5 mins,
    When he proudly announced that he had never eaten a whole doughnut in his life,
    i just laughed and turned him off.

He is a parody of himself at this stage.

I turned him off when he started celebrating the new alcohol bill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Had to laugh when one of the women commented "look at his little face" after she said she was indifferent to the alcohol Bill.

Get over yourself Ray some people have a life you little twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BPKS wrote: »
    So every Friday, Ray buys a bag of spinach to eat for lunch on Saturday.

His little treat to himself at the end of a week of "work".

Is there no end to this man's dullness.
    Why do I think of that spitting image sketch of John major when I read this post ?

No fan of that Blathnoid one - but hats off to her for tell us exactly what Rays face looked like when someone didnt go along with his PC brigade views.
    He likes to think hes liberal but wants a nanny state

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

goochy wrote: »
    No fan of that Blathnoid one - but hats off to her for tell us exactly what Rays face looked like when someone didnt go along with his PC brigade views.
    He likes to think hes liberal but wants a nanny state

Didn’t hear today’s show but something similar happened yesterday in interview with Brendan re Slainte Care

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

sightband wrote: »
    He shows nothing but contempt for the Nuacht team, whether it’s himself or his production team making the decision to delay things is irrelevant. I can’t help but feel it’s deliberate and petty. He did openly have an on air tantrum early on in his return to RTÉ about having to hand over to an Nuacht when he was in the middle of what he considered to be a very deep and meaningful discussion about porridge or some such drivel.

Yes, I agree, more lack of respect today. Nuacht allowed on at 16.06. Its very poor but I`m not sure it is all Darcy`s fault, some of the blame nust fall to the production team and ergo the Producer

• Advertisement

Had to laugh when one of the women commented "look at his little face" after she said she was indifferent to the alcohol Bill.

Heard that, it was quite funny. You could sense Ray's bewilderment that someone actually enjoyed a drink or two and wasn't afraid to say it loud and clear on the air, on his show! Those three women put him back in his box a bit.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Heard that, it was quite funny. You could sense Ray's bewilderment that someone actually enjoyed a drink or two and wasn't afraid to say it loud and clear on the air, on his show! Those three women put him back in his box a bit.

Can you imagine being invited to the Darcys for Christmas Day! Before opening his largely untouched drinks safe with a stout key, he’d ask you “what’s your relationship with alcohol?” and you’d be looking for a freezing alley to spend your less miserable festive day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

mountain wrote: »

When I read your comment this came straight into my head.

https://youtu.be/IIWm6GnC1xw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

mountain wrote: »

When I read your comment this came straight into my head.

https://youtu.be/IIWm6GnC1xw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Two of those guests always seem to be on the programme. Just Louis Walsh is missing. Tedious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

OMFG . AGAIN!!!

Taking the hump with what the girls said to him yesterday.

He's reading out all the texts from the "Huge reaction". All backing him up, of course.

OMFG . AGAIN!!!

Ray says he's received many txts and emails re his discussion yesterday with three women and proceeds to read them out. Unsurprisingly each one he reads out agrees with his view and agenda!

As said before Ray can be entertaining but he really should lay off the moralising.

Nice dose of men bashing to get us started.

• Advertisement

Ray gets a hangover from nonalcoholic beer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement