Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What an exciting life he leads ironing his shirts of an evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Maxi....I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

goochy wrote: »
    somehow i dont think we are going to hear alot from stephen hawkings when hes dead

Or when the batteries run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lighthouse guy on-wondering who lighthouse expert is as Ray knows sooh much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I'm sure Graham Norton will have a sizeable invoice to send to RTE between his appearance on the LLS and that shíťê interview with farcy.

Caught part of the show yesterday with Norton as guest. Ray asked him about future guests on the Graham Norton show this series. Graham reels off a couple of A listers as you do and you just know somebody is salivating at the prospects of having just one guest of this calibre.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Caught part of the show yesterday with Norton as guest. Ray asked him about future guests on the Graham Norton show this series. Graham reels off a couple of A listers as you do and you just know somebody is salivating at the prospects of having just one guest of this calibre.

What do you mean, he had yer one from Jo Maxi on earlier. Highlight of the interview being some lad that texted in saying he wanted to get up on her back in the day. Prime time...€500 fu*king grand for this lad, €500 fu*king grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Ray made me laugh out loud when he said the F-word by mistake on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I googled this National Club Week as announced by Ray and came up with: https://www.bgcgb.org/event/national-boys-girls-club-week-2018/

Also http://www.abgclub.org/national-club-week

Wherever it is, it doesn't seem to have much to do with this wee country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

What's your favourite lighthouse

463947.jpg

Ray’s excuse for not identifying guests at the end of an interview is that he’s “from another culture”. Beggars belief. Is he trying to claim some sort of Farcy Ethnic Idenity or whaaaat??

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I googled this National Club Week as announced by Ray and came up with: https://www.bgcgb.org/event/national-boys-girls-club-week-2018/

Also http://www.abgclub.org/national-club-week

Wherever it is, it doesn't seem to have much to do with this wee country.

It’s a new idea/concept a guest suggested, not yet established. A damned good simple idea, I’d say it will eventually catch on and become an annual thing and Farcy will take all the credit.

Ray's in his element today :) Even tells us coyly that he has a 'big head', same as Stephen Hawking :)

But he hasn't read 'A Brief History of Time' yet. If he can get through that, I'll be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Music at a minute to 4.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Music at a minute to 4.

Sure what harm, it's as gaeilge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

My god the hypocrisy of this man. Ray if you had a problem with a lack of diversity why did you and your mob of white, straight, potato eating production team join RTE, thus making that situation worse? And if you cared anything about diversity and catering for others of minority opinion you wouldn't treat the Nuacht team like something you wiped off your shoe.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

yes , love to know what that ' from another culture ' thing is all about ? what he means is hes not a professional ??

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Did Darcy really call Dara O`Brian a fxxxing txxxer under his breath during the competition after 4pm this afternoon when contestants had to guess who was the name of the individual in the audio clip. He must have thought the mike was off. I heard they were`nt friends but why this.

After dropping the f word on Monday is he trying to become more "edgy" or what

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He’s about as edgy as a blunt fish knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Farcy the bilingual broadcaster ;)

Ray can't comment on the TV3 debate last night, but thinks that one candidate stood out 'head & shoulders' above the rest. Can only be Peter Casey, clearly the tallest there and fine well built chap. What do you reckon ;)

• Advertisement

imagine hes a michael d higgins fan

imagine hes a michael d higgins fan

Probably but his choice of words was unfortunate in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I really enjoyed Ray's show today for the first time in a long while

He was laughing a lot with Eamon Dunphy talking about Eamon's upbringing

Hopefully this joyous Ray D'Arcy can be seen again!

Brian Kennedy is full of sh1t. He was never asked to join the Pogues. Joe Strummer was always the first choice.

cant stand the bloke - nasty and bitchy - not today been seen it plenty of times - another Rory Cowan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Brian Kennedy is full of sh1t. He was never asked to join the Pogues. Joe Strummer was always the first choice.

Was it just to do the backing vocals on Fairytale of New York?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Brian will be given the sack soon lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

cant stand the bloke - nasty and bitchy - not today been seen it plenty of times - another Rory Cowan

Kennedy has a bit of talent, in fairness.

Was it just to do the backing vocals on Fairytale of New York?
    I doubt it very much. It was recorded in 87. Was Kennedy even on the scene then? I was there the last time him and Shane met and it was anything but amicable. There were two people talking in the car today so I only caught a tiny bit of it. I'll listen back later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I doubt it very much. It was recorded in 87. Was Kennedy even on the scene then? I was there the last time him and Shane met and it was anything but amicable. There were two people talking in the car today so I only caught a tiny bit of it. I'll listen back later

Sorry joe. Was my pretty desperate attempt at humour! Not sure when Kennedy first arrived on scene, did some backing vocals with Van but think that was well into the 90s. It doesn’t sound like a credible claim to me anyway but you never know I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement