Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

my friend wrote: »
    no the ambulances are busy running to collect scam artist scrote 'land league' and water protesters

True, how could I forget! I just hop the doctor is on standby for poor Ray at this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It's fairly out there alright... Looks a bit like something from Star Trek or something..

sharon.JPG

DONT ask him about his swing, or we could be here til 6pm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

He's got a bug... :-(
    that one of his kids picked up in the creche ... :-(
    And apparently he thinks we would rather hear about his than be entertained this afternoon..

"I would rather be anywhere else today.. " ... that should have been the theme tune for D'Arcy's show..

was flicking around the TV the other night, on E channel they had a doc on Brittney Spears, basically she was helicoptered in for something and recalls after that she was holding down puke at the time, when you look back at the video you can see her distress momentarily, buy fair play to her, she gets it together and her engagement continues, she earned a bit of respect from me that I never had for her, thats what makes a star.

Ray could take a leaf from her book, he is looking for sympathy for a head cold yet he should really rock in and entertain us for what he is getting paid.

zero respect for the wee guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Harrington is richer than Mcillroy? what?

• Advertisement

Harrington is richer than Mcillroy? what?

He's been at it a long time compared to Rory.... He has three majors in his career compared to Rory's four....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Harrington should have hit back with how does it feel to be one of the highest paid DJs in the country..Ray.

how does doing a degree 30 years ago and never working in it, qualify you to speak about the subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Harrington sounds like the boring priest in Father Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Didn't Ray have him on a few weeks ago ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

my friend wrote: »
    was flicking around the TV the other night, on E channel they had a doc on Brittney Spears, basically she was helicoptered in for something and recalls after that she was holding down puke at the time, when you look back at the video you can see her distress momentarily, buy fair play to her, she gets it together and her engagement continues, she earned a bit of respect from me that I never had for her, thats what makes a star.

Ray could take a leaf from her book, he is looking for sympathy for a head cold yet he should really rock in and entertain us for what he is getting paid.

zero respect for the wee guy.

Did you see yer man on Saturday evening on the RTE TV - his name escapes me!! (which tells you everything). One armed bandit with a black sling. Only caught part of it and no idea what it was all about but a bit 'in the face'.

Ray Darcy interview:

1. ask questions that show you know nothing about the person
    - check, didnt know Harrington had been golfing over the last few weeks.

2. Discuss money
    - check, locked onto Harrington that 'you're Ireland's richest sportsman' - Ray doesn't realise a guy such as Harrington money wouldn't be the main motivation

3. Makes a fool of himself
    - despite Ray bragging about his own psychology degree Ray is unaware of a very well known sports psychology theory that Harrington mentions in follow up.

4. Guest smashes theory, then Ray turns to false laugh
    - Ray comes up with some U curve theory that Harrington dismisses. Ray hits back by false laughing at follow up stories.

5. Kids
    - Discuss Always, check, yes. 'does he play golf, does he play golf???' yes he said it twice

6. I'm a Star too you know
    - will discuss how he handles fans, Ray responds with story about himself.... jeebus

Harrington will talk all day long with interesting stories yet I spent the interview being annoyed by Ray interrupting, you would swear that the interview was spliced mash up style

is today funny voices day? helium has filled the studio

is today funny voices day? helium has filled the studio

Lydia sounds like this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%A1n_%C3%93g_%C3%93_Ceallach%C3%A1in

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

is that a robot accompanying the transsexual guest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I thought it was another priest coming on!!! :)

Ray isn't talented or intelligent enough to hold this discussion.
    He's challenged verbally and too much brain stutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

is that a robot accompanying the transsexual guest?

A transformer? :pac:

And I'm out. After duffy, enough is enough for one day

John of Arc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

how does doing a degree 30 years ago and never working in it, qualify you to speak about the subject?

Similar to: played a bit of rugby in his time, but still goes on about it! :rolleyes:
    It's fairly out there alright... Looks a bit like something from Star Trek or something..

sharon.JPG

Before long, Sharon will be the news :)

• Advertisement

are we allowed say "worked like a black"- Ray's guest just did, while bemoaning discrimination against transgender people

transexual demanding equal rights just thanked her solicitor for 'working like a black'

Ray said NOTHING

"The man has worked like a black".... lol.... :pac:

I await further comment from the Ray D'Arcy Show

worked like a ....water meter installer

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Why does anybody listen to RD and his rubbish show? The guy is on 250-500K a year to moan about life and how tough it is for 90mins a day, The wife is probably on another 150k min as a producer or somthing, she left today fm to spend more time with kids but with the lure of the big bucks she quickly dropped them into the cresh.... Didn't other lad Will hanafin jump accross also? probably another 150k minimum add it all up and there goes your license fee.. RD always tries hard to be one of the ordinary Joe soaps of the country except with the income into that household.....He doesn't mix with you and me, he lost the common touch years ago, now more than ever when he put his snout in the license fee trough.

Shepherd Pie.... not Shepherd's Pie?

D'Arcy does realise it's not made from a real shepherd doesnt he?

Shepherd Pie.... not Shepherd's Pie?

D'Arcy does realise it's not made from a real shepherd doesnt he?

his are made of peasants now

ah not bleeding shepherds pie again

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Poor Tom, thrown in crèche so much for jenny spending more time with kids.

Jesus Christ, Jenny spending "more time" with the kids really bothers people.

She's not the first mother to go back to work after "spending more time with the kids".

See the problem is Jenny now works for RTE and is making a few euro. She's not going back to a "normal" job in Burger King or Lidl which wouldn't bother people.

Nobody on here gives a flying fcuk about the kids and the mothers working hours. It's jealousy over the job and money she's going back to.

She's also not the first wife/partner to work with her husband. Happens all over the country in factories, supermarkets, offices, family business and even commercial radio like Today FM.

• Advertisement

"Hit that button there"....

It really says a lot when Mary Wilson can use the buttons, but you cant...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement