Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

All right ta fook. How much was your ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Freebies no doubt for Tubs and himself. Did Jenny make the cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Does D'Arcy go on like this every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

you mean hes ****e ??

no research yet again - guy didnt grow uo in a hotel - funny i dont notice other presenters getting things wrong .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Christ, her poor partner. Pity the guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Does D'Arcy go on like this every day?

Didn't listen today,but if he was pure shoyte then yes he does. If it wasn't pure shoyte...you weren't listening to farcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ray apologizes to Drivetime for being less than a minute late. Yet he doesn't give a shíte about leaving the Nuacht readers hanging for 4/5/6 minutes every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

More lectures on drink today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not happy with butting in all over the woman trying to tell a story. He proceeds to play The Fireman Sam jingle over her mid-sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

DJ.... that’s about his limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Ray, I want to come on and promote my book "How Not To Be A Complete f**king Killjoy (now with added sugar)" Can you please set aside a half hour segment for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So Ray thinks he might have a drink problem drinking his one glass of wine a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Such incredible insights - did you know alcohol lowers inhibitions BUT having a skinful makes it more 'challenging' to actually have sex!!!

She used to wake up feeling anxious, then she realised drinking the night before might have something to do with it - she's calling this phenomenon a 'Hang Over' because it's like something is Hanging Over you from the previous night.

Her next book will probably be 'Punching yourself in the face - Good thing or bad thing?'

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just on the U2 tickets....I've told this story before on Da Lahv Lahn Thread so apologies for those of you who are hearing this for the millionth time.

I know a few heads in RTE, don't want to identify them for obvious reasons but they're not presenters. They're not at the very top, more middle management types. Most of them are honest enough to admit they're on the pigs back and on incredibly cushy numbers etc. One thing they all have in common is they NEVER pay for tickets to anything, and haven't in donkeys years. This is for any type of sporting or music gig. In the interest of full declaration, I've benefitted twice from this; to a meaningless Rugby friendly and to see Poppa Diddy P Pop and Snoop Dizzle Fizzle in a joint concert at the old O2. As for freebies from Ad Agencies that handled my employer's advertising spend, I've benefitted a lot from them - but that's not RTÉ. There's an astonishing amount of free tickets given to media agencies and outlets for gigs. Paul Williams has joked/passed smart comments about this a lot over his time at Newstalk. And these are never crap tickets btw!

So to answer the question, there's not a chance in hell Tubs or D'Arcy, or their respective parties paid to go to the U2 gig.

As an aside, Tubs was only bragging a few weeks ago that Bono sent him a personal note at the Berlin gig apologising for not being able to come out to meet Ryan and his jolly chums because his voice was sore! Do you think Tubs got those tickets on ticketmaster.de? He did in his gee.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ray apologizes to Drivetime for being less than a minute late. Yet he doesn't give a shíte about leaving the Nuacht readers hanging for 4/5/6 minutes every day.

What do you expect from a man who can't spell "Taoiseach"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

B0jangles wrote: »
    Such incredible insights - did you know alcohol lowers inhibitions BUT having a skinful makes it more 'challenging' to actually have sex!!!

She used to wake up feeling anxious, then she realised drinking the night before might have something to do with it - she's calling this phenomenon a 'Hang Over' because it's like something is Hanging Over you from the previous night.

Her next book will probably be 'Punching yourself in the face - Good thing or bad thing?'

Ah but she's made a business of her crusading. I'd say Ray enjoyed that interview, can't beat it when you're fully in tune and on message with your subject!

say Fiona Looney drove Ray mad talking about drink - reminds me of Ray rolling his eyes last time she was on. love it

goochy wrote: »
    say Fiona Looney drove Ray mad talking about drink - reminds me of Ray rolling his eyes last time she was on. love it

She also brought him to task about the U2 tickets and not having to pay for them,he said he didn't but bought one ticket alright,she then challenged him by saying he didn't have to go onto Ticketmaster to buy it,he stuttered and squirmed his way out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness lads, it wouldn't be right to expect Ray to buy his U2 tickets off Ticketmaster.

He'd never be able to find the refresh button!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

What do you expect from a man who can't spell "Taoiseach"?

That's a disgrace!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

She also brought him to task about the U2 tickets and not having to pay for them,he said he didn't but bought one ticket alright,she then challenged him by saying he didn't have to go onto Ticketmaster to buy it,he stuttered and squirmed his way out of it

when was that?

Nathan Carter in to talk about his book the soundtrack of his life

Ray has to comment on people believing that their deceased family/ friends are looking down on them , what an ass.
    The fact that Ray is on primetime tv and radio makes me believe there is no god. lol

What's a "crizznen"?

"Do you go to the graveyard on his birthday?"

Joe Duffy called. He wants his line of questioning back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

goochy wrote: »
    Ray has to comment on people believing that their deceased family/ friends are looking down on them , what an ass.

Just Ray getting his usual dose of snide digs in.

has Ray ever had anyone like Fr Brian Darcy or any priest on the show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

16:01 Ray finishes his conversation with his 2 guests
    Adverts
    16:03 Nuacht

1 day the Nuacht team are just going to tell him to f-off. His utter disdain for them and their native gibberish! is so clear to see

jay0109 wrote: »
    16:01 Ray finishes his conversation with his 2 guests
    Adverts
    16:03 Nuacht

1 day the Nuacht team are just going to tell him to f-off. His utter disdain for them and their native gibberish! is so clear to see

And he has the cheek to apologise for been late even though he is late everyday

• Advertisement

heres hoping Angela Scanlon keeps her promise of staying in the uk , what a head wrecker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement