Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

goochy wrote: »
    Never knew Ray had kids - kept that quiet.
    Ray going to write a book , that would be great read if you have trouble sleeping - guy cant even talk proper english

Neither can Duffy but it didn’t stop him “writing” a buke and getting it printed in Germany.

goochy wrote: »
    please say Ray hasn't really bought a 90k land rover ???
    their brand image ruined !

Missed that, in fact missed a lot of the show thank goodness as it’s not even a laugh. I thought Ray would be all preachy about clean green high moral ground image and would get a car that would run on porridge or at least a hybrid if even a top end one. Or do Landrover do a hybrid now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I thought he only drives Polos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Missed that, in fact missed a lot of the show thank goodness as it’s not even a laugh. I thought Ray would be all preachy about clean green high moral ground image and would get a car that would run on porridge or at least a hybrid if even a top end one. Or do Landrover do a hybrid now?

They do. https://www.landrover.ie/phev-overview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Brilliant. As I was reading this I knew what words were coming next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Literally only heard 2 mins of the crap show today,and none of LL, not a bad day really. :). What I did hear was farcy wishing P.Short a "HAPPY CHRISTMAS ". FFS....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"And you will see people doing the twelve pubs of Christmas....... which I don't agree with".

Which bit Ray, the twelve pubs part, the Christian festival Christmas part, or the people having fun part?

He really is a joyless little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

He is being schooled here in this interview,being shown up for having no research done for the interview

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

He is being schooled here in this interview,being shown up for having no research done for the interview

He's being torn a new arsehole. He's trying so hard to put words in the interviewee's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Here we go

Toys out of the pram

• Advertisement

Nobody cares if YOU are offended by anything

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ray thinks of child sexual abuse when he hears the bells?

I'm not a huge fan of the church, but all I think is "when's the news starting".

Ray has serious issues! :eek:

No comeback from the disabled child story

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ray thinks of child sexual abuse when he hears the bells? I'm not a huge fan of the church, but all I think is "when's the news starting". Ray has serious issues! :eek:

Once again D'Arcy has demonstrated the reasons why he should never be allowed to host such a radio show.

I'm more offended by the way he treats the Nuacht team than I am by the Angelus.

That woman has said it right - if you don't like it Ray, go to another station! Was this not a problem for Ray when he signing up his 400K thousand euro contract, or at what point did this become a problem for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's being torn a new arsehole. He's trying so hard to put words in the interviewee's mouth.

What was the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He really is odd as fck at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Four minutes??? Four minutes over/late?

Bizarre behaviour

Which is the bigger issue.... having D'Arcy on every day for an hour and a half, or a couple of minutes of the Angelus before the news? Lots of people offended by him, is he offering to give up his job?

NIMAN wrote: »
    What was the interview?

Guy from Religious programming in RTÉ on talking about the Angelus. Ray thinks of child abuse when he hears the bells.

He sounds rattled

• Advertisement

Then he goes for a piss during the (late) Nuacht, comes back out of breath, and is now trying to catch up on texts he has missed. A true professional.

Ray thinks of child sexual abuse when he hears the bells?

I'm not a huge fan of the church, but all I think is "when's the news starting".

Ray has serious issues! :eek:

Did he actually get abused himself as a chisler by clergy one ponders? Can’t recall if he said he had been. Would make his stance understandable, however as a national broadcast host he would need to realise his show is not all about himself.

NIMAN wrote: »
    What was the interview?

It’s actually worth listening back to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

He says a lot of his listeners are not happy with what he said yet he just dismisses it and doesn't read out one text stating the grievance,couldn't get a more obnoxious p***k

He says a lot of his listeners are not happy with what he said yet he just dismisses it and doesn't read out one text stating the grievance,couldn't get a more obnoxious p***k

And did Ryan Tubridy not do exactly the same just 2 weeks ago ???? Are these RTÉ presenters up there with God ? FFS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Are these RTÉ presenters up there with God ? FFS:mad:

Well Ray certainly isn't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've decided to listen to the interview with the head of religious programming. I'm hoping it's as funny as ye seem to be saying.

FFS. Ray you don't represent the entire country. Sorry!!! Church bells are linked to child abuse and that's that ?

I just turn the radio down if I'm listening to RTÉ radio for a minute. It's not going to kill ye lads.

• Advertisement

The argument about it being on one station is a bloody good point Ray.

Haha they cut the Nuacht out of the replay and he sounds goosed out of breath.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement