Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

is this you ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Vicky phelan is almost on every week at this stage.

When her buke comes out she will be on every single show. Guaranteed publicity for a publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mountain

Ray reading out headlines,

Gets to story about a boy in Colorado and snowballs,

Guess what the boy did? he says, bet you cant guess,

Ray, your listeners have access to the internet too, not just you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

attention seeker...lets be honest here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So his elf on the shelf is a female called Rosie,Ray must have to leave his balls at the door when he goes home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

i assume keeping busy takes her mind off things - but its pretty lazy broadcasting - we should not be getting sick of hearing her but we are only human.

another lost and found section piece - my god they must not spend much time producing the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

attention seeker...lets be honest here

I wish there were more attention seekers in this country, if she's what your definition of an attention seeker is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

lambayire wrote: »
    The US books were very good. I never really liked the endless flogging of Shave or Dye after the first year.

The Even Better Than The Real Thing sessions were also really well done.
    Which in itself was similar to the long (and still) running BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He puts the "It's almost 4 o'clock" jingle on at 4:03!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

lambayire wrote: »
    The US books were very good. I never really liked the endless flogging of Shave or Dye after the first year.

The Even Better Than The Real Thing sessions were also really well done.

I loved Even Better Than The Real Thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I wish there were more attention seekers in this country, if she's what your definition of an attention seeker is.

She’s someone who (rightly) sued the state for a missed cancer screening and got some celebrity as a result, nothing more. Let’s not pretend she initiated her court case for altruistic reasons. I certainly don’t see any reason for her receiving an honary doctorate or the other plaudits she gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

mountain wrote: »
    Ray reading out headlines,

Gets to story about a boy in Colorado and snowballs,

Guess what the boy did? he says, bet you cant guess,

Ray, your listeners have access to the internet too, not just you

This.

Was doing the rounds a full day before Darcy (and his crack team of researchers (kate and tom) picked up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Heckler wrote: »
    This.

Was doing the rounds a full week before Darcy (and his crack team of researchers (kate and tom) picked up on it.

FYP.

Not really in this case but it's usually a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

griffin100 wrote: »
    She’s someone who (rightly) sued the state for a missed cancer screening and got some celebrity as a result, nothing more. Let’s not pretend she initiated her court case for altruistic reasons. I certainly don’t see any reason for her receiving an honary doctorate or the other plaudits she gets.

It's a shame Emma Mhic Mhathuna did not share in the same level of 'celebrity'. I almost feel sorry for you that you seem to think "she only did it for what she could get out of it". Do you genuinely, honestly think she woke up one day and thought to herself... "this is gonna make me famous"

Fiona Looney on Ray Darcy show - love it - he wont get away with any PC crap with her - hope she says she cant wait to drink loads over xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mountain

Happened to be in the car today around 3.55, listened to Ray finish an interview and then go to ads,
    Was watching the time, and ads finish at 4, ray then chimes in with some texts from listeners and some other nonsense,
    at 4.02 to goes to the Nuacht,

I honestly feel that today it was done on purpose, he had the chance to go there at four, but chose to waffle on instead.

That is down to management at RTE to pull him up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

mountain wrote: »
    Happened to be in the car today around 3.55, listened to Ray finish an interview and then go to ads,
    Was watching the time, and ads finish at 4, ray then chimes in with some texts from listeners and some other nonsense,
    at 4.02 to goes to the Nuacht,

I honestly feel that today it was done on purpose, he had the chance to go there at four, but chose to waffle on instead.

That is down to management at RTE to pull him up on it

Was thinking the exact same thing myself,he had the perfect opportunity to go to nuacht on time today and purposely waffled on for a few mins so he would be late,very petty from him but not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sweet divine..... I really can’t believe nobody has commented on this.

D’Arcy comes on talking about “colic acid” as a by product of sunshine in winter.

Now I was only half listening as I was on the pan at work listening through the sound system.

Jeez I said to myself “colic acid” what’s this ...surely ...... fuhhherking surely .... he doesn’t mean ‘folic acid” suuuuurely not.

Anyway he goes on about this ‘ colic acid’ so I was just about to ‘crown out’ and said I must check that on google when I get back to the office.

Then minutes later he comes on with something like “I knew I was saying something wrong.. it’s folic acid..

I blew the load, no kidding, couldn’t hold back, like a flock of pidgeons taking off.

How in the name of all that’s high and holy is a lad like that pumping out ‘medical advice’ on National Radio.

I despair, I really do....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

Not sure what folic acid has to do with sunshine either for that matter :confused:

plodder wrote: »
    Not sure what folic acid has to do with sunshine either for that matter :confused:

Sorry I was not fully engaged... it was vitamin D he was on about.

Was on the pan, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Sweet divine..... I really can’t believe nobody has commented on this.

D’Arcy comes on talking about “colic acid” as a by product of sunshine in winter.

Now I was only half listening as I was on the pan at work listening through the sound system.

Jeez I said to myself “colic acid” what’s this ...surely ...... fuhhherking surely .... he doesn’t mean ‘folic acid” suuuuurely not.

Anyway he goes on about this ‘ colic acid’ so I was just about to ‘crown out’ and said I must check that on google when I get back to the office.

Then minutes later he comes on with something like “I knew I was saying something wrong.. it’s folic acid..

I blew the load, no kidding, couldn’t hold back, like a flock of pidgeons taking off.

How in the name of all that’s high and holy is a lad like that pumping out ‘medical advice’ on National Radio.

I despair, I really do....

He made a right balls of that, that's for sure. Embarrassing as Ray would fancy himself as a bit of an expert on matters health and matters female. But there you go, even the great make mistakes..

Can't quite figure why Ray places such faith in experts. In this case he was quoting some 'expert/ quack' who had written a book debunking ALL supplements except Vit D and folic acid. But where is his critical faculty? Why parrot what someone else thinks as the wisdom of the world?

BarryD2 wrote: »
    He made a right balls of that, that's for sure. Embarrassing as Ray would fancy himself as a bit of an expert on matters health and matters female. But there you go, even the great make mistakes..

Can't quite figure why Ray places such faith in experts. In this case he was quoting some 'expert/ quack' who had written a book debunking ALL supplements except Vit D and folic acid. But where is his critical faculty? Why parrot what someone else thinks as the wisdom of the world?

I'll tell you why B.

Because the guy, based on his output, hasn't a blind clue what is going on other than 'hairdresser radio©' issues like who is on 'Dancing with the Stars ' and other quasi celeb and musical stuff like the dude who died recently.
    Frontman for some group or other or 'uther ' as Ray says.

That's why, it's very simple, he is out of his area of competency.

Lad will be in his element today

Geraldine Plunkett Fair City...... Almost out of date

Les McKeown Bay City Rollers... Well out of date....

That's his level with no disrespect to the guests.

Watch for the staccato delivery in the interviews.....

Hairdresser radio©

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I should have known D'Arcy would put something fcuking awful on a pizza, like anchovies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

PauloMN wrote: »
    I should have known D'Arcy would put something fcuking awful on a pizza, like anchovies.

Does he put an egg on top (actually I don't mind that on a homemade one)

he tells Geraldine she must have loved being centre of attention - being in plays - actors cant be up their arses but she sounds alright

Ha hah hah ha ha Hhe he he he

What a stult.

Watch the different way Ms Plunkett pronounces Peadar.... Peadhar...correct

D'Arcy ...Padder.... Incorrect.

The guy just doesn't have anything to run this show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

P E A D A R. Rhymes with ladder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement