Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

P E A D A R. Rhymes with ladder.

And your point is............?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

P E A D A R. Rhymes with ladder.

Dxhound always comes out to bat for Darcy, even when he is 100% wrong. I doubt you're an Irish speaker dxhound but ask one - the pronunciation is not padder. Ray is clueless and an advertisement for RTE's total disinterest in talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray is just a tool in the RTE box.

Let it be drink driving, healthy eating, kids on phones, Speeding in cars, gays are great. Women are even greater. and on and on.

He's just there to get the message across to us.

Same as Derek Mooney before him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

how would he pronounce Finian McGrath's name, (how does Finian pronounce it himself)?

Dxhound always comes out to bat for Darcy, even when he is 100% wrong. I doubt you're an Irish speaker dxhound but ask one - the pronunciation is not padder. Ray is clueless and an advertisement for RTE's total disinterest in talent.

Sure the guy in the video gives the correct pronounciation..’.Peadhar’ which is how Ms Plunkett pronounces it, which is correct.

I don’t know what the lad dx’s Point is to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Shouty Thomas in today. I've just switched off the radio.

Katherine (I'm a new maaawwwm) Thomas.

How many minutes before baby Ellie is mentioned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭goochy

still not as annoying as Ray but then few people are

She's keeping up Ray's tradition.

Intro to the ads says, "It's almost 4.00 on Radio1....." at 4.03.

4.05 and still no Nuacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sure the guy in the video gives the correct pronounciation..’.Peadhar’ which is how Ms Plunkett pronounces it, which is correct.

I don’t know what the lad dx’s Point is to be honest

The lad in the video says his name rhymes with Ladder, and that is good enough for me. I would probably make the second syllable more of a Dur sound rather than Der, Paddur.

Do you introduce a phantom H into your own name, BrendHan BendHar? Most lads would pronounce your name Brendin Bendur.

• Advertisement

The lad in the video says his name rhymes with Ladder, and that is good enough for me. I would probably make the second syllable more of a Dur sound rather than Der, Paddur.

Do you introduce a phantom H into your own name, BrendHan BendHar? Most lads would pronounce your name Brendin Bendur.

You won’t let anything go will you.

My friend, how the Irish name ‘Peadar’ is pronounced has nothing to do with the English name ‘Brendan Bendar ‘ One is Irish the other is English...got it.

The lady Ms Plunkett pronounced it ‘Paddher’ the dude in the vid pronounced it ‘Paddher’ any ‘Peader’ I ever met pronounces it ‘Paddher’ but D’Arcy pronounces it ‘ Padder’ and you decide that that’s the right one.

Now like a good lad......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

jesus wept this clown and fateen cost us over a million a year. stick your potatoes up your arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

christ that accent:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Who the fcuk is that one. What a dimwit pretentious accent - full of insecurity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just in from dog walking. Who da fu¢k is this???

She looks nothing like her voice.

sorry who are you talking about ? Esther ? lovely woman and a looker in her day

goochy wrote: »
    Those posts were before 4.oo and Esther was on after that. I only tuned in at 4 to hear the band.

Na. Some comedian (apparently) who sounded like a multiple Vogue Williams.

4.04 and the interview is still going. I know it's pre-recrded. All the more reason to edit it down a bit or start it a few mins earlier. It's nothing groundbreaking. Just promoting a show in the Bord Gais theatre.

Then we get the "It's almost 4.00" jingle and ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sligojoek wrote: »
    4.04 and the interview is still going. I know it's pre-recrded. All the more reason to edit it down a bit or start it a few mins earlier. It's nothing groundbreaking. Just promoting a show in the Bord Gais theatre.

Beat me to it

I'd laugh if Ray finished at 4.00 some day and the Nuacht guy hadn't bothered his hole coming in till 4.04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

If the hourly news was a few seconds late (never mind a few minutes) on BBC R4 there would be an uproar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭giveitholly

There was some chef coming in to talk about desserts for the Christmas dinner,Ray asks his listeners to text in any queries they might like to ask her, Does our Ray ask the chef any of the questions the listeners might have? He does in his h*le,but we are told where he is going for christmas dinner and what he is bringing with him!

that chef one from the virgin media show The Restaurant is a head wrecker - wasnt too bad today but far too cheery for a misery guts like me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

that chef one from the virgin media show The Restaurant is a head wrecker - wasnt too bad today but far too cheery for a misery guts like me

I must be a misery guys too. Heard she was going to be on (agAin) and had to switch off. Did she mention her science experiments with food?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

sligojoek wrote: »

Has anyone complained? I just dropped them a mail there.

complaints@rte.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Na. Some comedian (apparently) who sounded like a multiple Vogue Williams.

She was pathetic & the accent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Folks

Bear in mind each day you listen to Ray, it was just announced today that his wages for 2016 were €450,000.

That's over €8600 each and every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

NIMAN wrote: »
    Folks

Bear in mind each day you listen to Ray, it was just announced today that his wages for 2016 were €450,000.

That's over €8600 each and every week.

And he'd be quick to tell us how expensive the canteen is or what's a crazy spend of money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement