Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Elf thinks Ray needs a wage cut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Christmas week and the misery is ratcheted up to the last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Christmas week and the misery is ratcheted up to the last!!

Strange interview.

She admitted to burying her head in the sand and ignoring letters from the bank, then David says she did everything right and didn't ignore anything!!

Both totally unchallenged by Ray obviously.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Strange interview.

She admitted to burying her head in the sand and ignoring letters from the bank, then David says she did everything right and didn't ignore anything!!

Yeah its awful personal circumstances they are under but at one stage she said they went to dubai and then to Australia to try make money but how much did they spend moving such a young family all over the world,needless to say the hard questions were not asked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Strange interview.

Wasn’t listening P but this is par for the course in these situations.

The question needs to be asked as to WHOY people like this actually ARRIVE in these situations.

Lot of questions that need to be answered here.... and not asked.

But it wouldn’t surprise me that a lad being paid €450k wouldn’t have the intelligence to ask them.

Par for the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only heard a little bit of the interview with the woman whose kid has terminal cancer, and I wonder how guys who earn €500k for doing very little in terms of work feel when they hear such sad stories about people struggling financially?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Wasn’t listening P but this is par for the course in these situations.

The question needs to be asked as to WHOY people like this actually ARRIVE in these situations.

Lot of questions that need to be answered here.... and not asked.

But it wouldn’t surprise me that a lad being paid €450k wouldn’t have the intelligence to ask them.

Par for the course.

Very tough listening, then D’arcy gets texts in and someone says they’ll chuck a €100 in a month for twelve months of 11 others can...deafening silince as he was reading he realised what he could be liable for, tighter than a ducks hole.

sightband wrote: »
    Very tough listening, then D’arcy gets texts in and someone says they’ll chuck a €100 in a month for twelve months of 11 others can...deafening silince as he was reading he realised what he could be liable for, tighter than a ducks hole.

Can’t say I’d hold that against him, RTÉ would become a begging bowl if that got out of hand.

In fairness to him we don’t know what he does privately in that regard.

Ray’s Recipes for Christmas:

Roast Turkey stuffed with Porridge

Get a big fat turkey with an enormous cavity and fill it with provide ehich has been let dry out a bit. Should bear some semblance to regular bread stuffin, but far more wholesome. To be consumed with non-alcoholic wine.

Jaysus

Ray talking in staccato again........

What .... about...... Jose......Mournino....

What a stult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Strange interview.

I think Ray said she's raised €10K via gofundme following the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Ray is right on board the Christian festival this year isn't he. This is the same man that said last month that he couldn't listen to the Angelus bells without thinking about child abuse. I guess it's better for his career to be in favour of Christmas.

Philly is on de radio a fierce amount these days.

Sweet Jesus did Ray just say Jim Gavin worked in ATC.

For fcuks sake it’s schidt like this that makes him the idiot he is.

Hairdresser radio .

Wait for the correction later.

Works for the IAA if I am correct.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Philly is on de radio a fierce amount these days.

More misery again on Christmas week

I think Ray said she's raised €10K via gofundme following the interview.

Wonder how much of that 10k will be put towards the mortgage

Well done Philly, great interview, country needs more like you.

Well done Philly, great interview, country needs more like you.

Yep, no airs & graces there. I'm sure though he gets a few bob for his work in Mountjoy and probably good value for it.

Yep, no airs & graces there. I'm sure though he gets a few bob for his work in Mountjoy and probably good value for it.

Hopefully he does, and well worth every cent, unlike the interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Goes to Nuacht four minutes late then plays the sports jingle over the newsreader before he's finished.

• Advertisement

Doesn’t know what Ludo is.

Haaahhhaaahahah

Haanhahahahahahahahahahahh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Says a chicken is an animal.

How does Alison spittle get air-time? Painful to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭goochy

Alison Spiddle is funny because of her quirkiness but dont think shes naturally funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

goochy wrote: »
    Alison Spiddle is funny because of her quirkiness but dont think shes naturally funny.

there's an unfunny irish comedian thread, she's topped the poll. also a serious amount of hate on the thread for her, which i feel is totally justified.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057674448

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Wonder how much of that 10k will be put towards the mortgage
    That's out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

goochy wrote: »

Wearing stupid colourful attire or acting like a gombeen doesn't make you quirky.

She not quirky or unconventional or zany, personality wise, like she tries to pretend she is. She is just an unfunny simpleton.

That's out of order.

Why is it out of order,I know they are in a terrible personal situation but the woman herself said they buried their head in the sand before re the mortgage and ignored it,they were in trouble before the boy got sick so their problems stemmed from there,she is a qualified teacher so she should be on a good wage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Why is it out of order,I know they are in a terrible personal situation but the woman herself said they buried their head in the sand before re the mortgage and ignored it,they were in trouble before the boy got sick so their problems stemmed from there,she is a qualified teacher so she should be on a good wage

To imply they would fundraise for the wellbeing of a family member and divert those funds is uncalled for. Your a bit too judge and jury. Bit of compassion would do you no harm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement