Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"4 days till christmas.. FACT"

Thanks Ray. I'd never have known.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

sligojoek wrote: »
    "4 days till christmas.. FACT"

Thanks Ray. I'd never have known.

Is it not five days? Not exactly fact.

Think lighbody went through a bout of depression, should be the main focus of the interview knowing ray.

sightband wrote: »
    Think lighbody went through a bout of depression, should be the main focus of the interview knowing ray.

Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭goochy

feeling depressed myself now - someone a bit melancoly about NI anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Drink and depression,Ray on a roll here

Lovely cheerful stuff 4/5 days before christmas.

Nuacht at
    4.00 100/1
    4.01 50/1
    4.02 10/1
    4.03 evens
    4.04 1/5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Had to go back and talk about depression again!!

Jaysus. it looks like I should have put the house on 4.00

• Advertisement

If I was driving the 46A outside Montrose I’d be looking out for Lightbody throwing himself in front of the bus. Thanks Ray.

I knew a lad just like Ray, misery was his currency, his own life was a pile of steaming shįte so talking and seeing others suffer made his seem a bit more palatable. He was and is a pain in the hole, just like D’arcy.

He comes back after the ad break to read texts, then goes to anothe ad break.

Nuacht at
    4.00 100/1
    4.01 50/1
    4.02 10/1
    4.03 evens
    4.04 1/5

1/5 :)

Nuacht at
    4.00 100/1
    4.01 50/1
    4.02 10/1
    4.03 evens
    4.04 1/5

4.04:50 it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

4.04:50 it is.

Yeah, not long in from work. 4:04 I reckon (being kind)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads with regard to the Nuact issue would it be any good complaining to the BAI ? I mean I'm not a fluent Irish speaker in the slightest but I respect that news in irish is part of RTEs deal, but from reading this thread it's clear that Darcy and his staff are intentionally going against an RTE directive. RTE have irish news on Radio 1 at twelve noon and(used to be 3:30pm) now 4pm(supposedly) but Darcy is doing this knowingly IMO from what posters are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads with regard to the Nuact issue would it be any good complaining to the BAI ? I mean I'm not a fluent Irish speaker in the slightest but I respect that news in irish is part of RTEs deal, but from reading this thread it's clear that Darcy and his staff are intentionally going against an RTE directive. RTE have irish news on Radio 1 at twelve noon and(used to be 3:30pm) now 4pm(supposedly) but Darcy is doing this knowingly IMO from what posters are saying.

Doubt it.

RTE are not noted for taking any heed of their customers concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Go for it! Say u hate porridge, running & paying 500k a year for a wanker

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I sent one last week to complaints@rte.ie basically just saying you’d expect an on the hour bulletin to be on the hour as is the case with every other broadcast I’ve ever encountered.

Got an auto response with all sorts of BAI mumbo jumbo followed by an email two days later from someone thanking me taking the time to write to them. Pissing against the wind. Still, more complaints the better. He’s mighty sharp at clocking out not a second past 4:30pm. He knows exactly what he is at, he really is a horrible person and has some streak in him.

Go for it! Say u hate porridge, running & paying 500k a year for a wanker

"Ray, we've got an email in asking you to tone it down on the porridge, running and just generally being a wanker, what else have you got"

"ummmmm...jenny?"

• Advertisement

sightband wrote: »
    I sent one last week to complaints@rte.ie basically just saying you’d expect an on the hour bulletin to be on the hour as is the case with every other broadcast I’ve ever encountered.

Got an auto response with all sorts of BAI mumbo jumbo followed by an email two days later from someone thanking me taking the time to write to them. Pissing against the wind. Still, more complaints the better. He’s mighty sharp at clocking out not a second past 4:30pm. He knows exactly what he is at, he really is a horrible person and has some streak in him.

I wouldn’t really blame D’arcy for the Nuacht timing problems.

I’d blame the stults in charge, the producer or whoever is in charge.

There’s a timetable for An Nuacht if D’Arcy can’t keep to it he should be told to find another job.

Simple as that.

I wouldn’t really blame D’arcy for the Nuacht timing problems.

I’d blame the stults in charge, the producer or whoever is in charge.

There’s a timetable for An Nuacht if D’Arcy can’t keep to it he should be told to find another job.

Simple as that.

It's not just him. The ads started at 3.58 this evening. It was out of Ray's hands after that. The funny thing is Ray came back on and read out a few texts then handed over to another ad break then went to an Nuacht at almost 4.05. Maybe, as I jokingly predicted last week , they stood him up to teach him a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Text it in today that the Nuacht happens at 4pm today as a Christmas. It will get highlighted then nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

I texted in at 3.58 today to say that I was fed up of the Nuacht being late and he had it on at 4.01!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ray on at 9 this morning for some reason. Probably some prerecorded shíte.

Ray on at 9 this morning for some reason. Probably some prerecorded shíte.

No just shíte.

Why does the guy talk in staccato sentences with the announcement of a ‘name.

And now we welcome ………… Amy Huberman

Hahahhahahahahahahah.

That guy is a nnoying me soooo much.

He usually shouts the surname louder than the first name.

He usually shouts the surname louder than the first name.

Absolutely correct......Amy.....space...space. Huuuuuberman

What an annoying presentation style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Jay Zee

Maybe it would be a good idea if the head of radio 1 changed things up a little and put Darcy on @ 9am & put Tubs on afternoons @ 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Jay Zee wrote: »
    Maybe it would be a good idea if the head of radio 1 changed things up a little and put Darcy on @ 9am & put Tubs on afternoons @ 3pm

Probably wouldnt suit Tubridy and the Late Late show team on a Friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement