Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Lovely selection of music being played in Darcy's slot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

jelutong wrote: »

By one of the Ray Darcy team, who annoyingly never seems to be off the radio these days when a music show needs to be done or filled in on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

What a Wonderful World...love listening to this song

Would love this to be a permanent change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

We can but dream.

• Advertisement

if ye want this music at this time of day on RTE switch to RTE Gold

if ye want this music at this time of day on RTE switch to RTE Gold

What frequency?

honeybear wrote: »
    What frequency?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Can you remember the name of the Passenger song?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Brenda and Aongaus on the same show. I'm going for a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Brenda and Aongaus on the same show. I'm going for a pint.
    Talking about how great Brendan O Carroll is. This calls for gin.

Fungus McAnally doing a great self-promotion with Brenda O’Donoghue, reminding us of all his great accomplishments, telling us what a great musician he is, his panto role and friendship with and great admiration of Brindin O’caddie, and promoting his latest outing as a singer, gawd help us. He’s a great admirer of himself altogether.
    Now, dat ukulele I bought in Lidl over Crimbo, maybe I could bang out a few choonless choons and getvit promoter on de Aaar Tee Ee, oh wait, I don’t work der and am not friends of de various producers etc.

Rte love in on now. I’d prefer Brenda to Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Fungus McAnally doing a great self-promotion with Brenda O’Donoghue, reminding us of all his great accomplishments, telling us what a great musician he is, his panto role and friendship with and great admiration of Brindin O’caddie, and promoting his latest outing as a singer, gawd help us. He’s a great admirer of himself altogether.
    Now, dat ukulele I bought in Lidl over Crimbo, maybe I could bang out a few choonless choons and getvit promoter on de Aaar Tee Ee, oh wait, I don’t work der and am not friends of de various producers etc.

He's a bit of an oddball and seems full of his own importance. I always thought he was too 'square' to be a children's TV presenter.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Want subtitles with this unknown on here now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Strazdas wrote: »
    He's a bit of an oddball and seems full of his own importance. I always thought he was too 'square' to be a children's TV presenter.

Thought the same tbh until I meet him at a mental health event there in 2017, his facade is great. But in person was a very nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Ironically all the giving out about Darcy and the Irish news here. Today Brenda went over to the news on time but played an add at 4:00. 4:02 she says now with the sport is Greg Allen and he carries on. Not sure she hit a wrong button and never knew or what happened but no Nuacht

Ironically all the giving out about Darcy and the Irish news here. Today Brenda went over to the news on time but played an add at 4:00. 4:02 she says now with the sport is Greg Allen and he carries on. Not sure she hit a wrong button and never knew or what happened but no Nuacht

There seems to be some sort of Y2K thing going on with the computers today. During Rachel English's chat with the sports guy on Morning Ireland the news from Lyric appeared over them. They just had to shut up and wait until it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭goochy

Thank god thought i was only one who found Angus annoying - full of himself. remember he got a hair transplant - did say he wasnt lacking in confidence other than that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

While we’re on Aonghus I’m reminded of one of his greatest moments while presenting Late Date a couple of years back. One of the sports news items concerned a great comeback by a snooker player in the UK championship I think it was. Being rte’s self appointed snooker expert, because he once made a 20 break down the club 30 years ago, Aonghus proceeded to regale us with a long winded tale of how he’d once come back from 0-4 or something in some two-bit tournament he was playing in and how wonderful it made him feel and how he knew exactly how that player must be feeling. “But this is the UK championship!” the sports presenter said. “Yeah, well I suppose you’re right,” Aonghus very humbly and modestly replied.

• Advertisement

https://goo.gl/images/wyn6bU

A humble man of many talents.

The way he holds the guitar up like that sea
    “”Do you know what, I can play this”

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A humble. An of many talents

He was on with Bobby Kerr on Newstalk over Christmas too talking about.......himself. He plugged his shows in the 20mins or so he was on with Bobby almost as much as Joe plugged de buke in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A humble man of many talents.

The way he holds the guitar up like that sea
    “”Do you know what, I can play this”

I've posted the video of it elsewhere but the best ever is when BB King was on Live at 3 (or something like that) and as he starts strumming Aonghus pulls out a guitar from behind the couch to play along with him. Now that takes the term "lack of self awareness" to new levels.

I've posted the video of it elsewhere but the best ever is when BB King was on Live at 3 (or something like that) and as he starts strumming Aonghus pulls out a guitar from behind the couch to play along with him. Now that takes the term "lack of self awareness" to new levels.

Like as if Maria Callas were to come alive again and into the Late Late Show and sign a quick rendition of her favourite aria and Ryan were to join in and pollute the moment!

I remember dat. It looked like dueling guitars as far as I can recall, every time BB would play the frets, Fungus would tinkle in with a twang or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

I remember dat. It looked like dueling guitars as far as I can recall, every time BB would play the frets, Fungus would tinkle in with a twang or two.

In fairness, regardless of his talent, he can always say he met, spoke to, and played guitar with BB King... not many, including Ray Darcy and EVERYONE on here, can say that !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

That's David Brentesque

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If it was a Monday (pensioners day) Ann Ó Dwyer and Sonny Knowles would have joined in too.

Looks like no Nuacht today again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Three days in a row now. Can we take it, it's a thing of the past. Very sneaky. I'd say they're afraid to make an announcement about it in case there's a backlash. All the pre_xmas lateness was premeditated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement