Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Oh f**k off Ray. If we're not allowed tar all Travellers for the bad behaviour of some Travellers, then I'm not accepting the blame for some bad men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray just said the ' justifiable bad press ' men have been getting - Jenny will be delighted with you Ray - i dont see why and other good men should be made feel bad about ourselves because of a few bad apples ??

Mother of 7 said boys not all bad , Ray must have found that hard to swallow - his own son must have a real sense of pride in himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Farcy pontificating on brexit. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Farcy pontificating on brexit. ;);)

farcy poncing on about brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Amazon, just order from Amazon Spain or Germany.

Yeah you're wrong again Ray, as usual.

All the heroes in the ad are non white male, even though white males are the least responsible for male criminal acts against females. And all the "heroes" in the ad are black and middle eastern, in spite of how they treat their women, particularly the middle eastern man and middle eastern states. Gillete are just being populist, they didnt have the balls to be blame anybody other than the usual scapegoat for all the media... white males, the source of all evils.

women want men to be strong and macho when it suits them and only sensitive in the way that suits them - i.e understand their ' feelings ' .

they might not hit people , but theres plenty of women i know who are more aggressive in their approach than the average man - fair from saints are most women

I'm afraid to give up the drink in case I become a pontificating, joyless pain in the h0le like the presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭mountain

4.03 and he goes to the nuacht, with an apology for being late....
    as if it’s the first time.

• Advertisement

Well done RTE, you really bought competence with your 400K, didn't you.
    Jack got better value when he bought the magic beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not "our national carrier" ya clown

M

He's only had 4 years in the role to practice to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is there some kind of editorial order to talk about global warming today. It and this "eat less meat" sh1te has been on every programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Best thing Ireland can do for 'climate warming/cooling' is plant more trees, simple.
    Ireland has the lowest leaft coverage of any significant EU state.

You cover Mary Robinson's stories bout the poor women affected by global warming, Ray, but you never covered her the poor woman who is trapped by her family in Saudi that Mary is covering for?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is there some kind of editorial order to talk about global warming today. It and this "eat less meat" sh1te has been on every programme

Just going to say the same Joe, I've noticed that a lot. The media has a definite agenda. And with regard to the term "fake balance" that Philip Boucher Hayes used earlier, I think "fake balance" is an appropriate term to use for most RTE presenters who pretend to be objective but are clearly batting for the liberal side of every argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"how are we Ray"? You mean, "How are YOU Ray"?

M

Some people should be mentally assessed before going on shows like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Some people should be mentally assessed before going on shows like that.

Esp. the host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Today FM are still pinching themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He was ****ti5g on about how good the Gillette promo rubbish was and insisted that he wasn't emaciated. The fu5king tool meant emasculated. What a douche bag.

didnt cop that - i know Trinity isnt what it used to be - but how did he even get in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

goochy wrote: »
    didnt cop that - i know Trinity isnt what it used to be - but how did he even get in ?
    He was 1/2 a point shy of doing medicine or so he told Pixie McKenna one day years back, likes to let people know they are dealing with someone almost as “intelligent” as them

Don’t tell me he has given up the drink? No more 1 bottle of beer and small bag of crisps in a Friday, as if the drinks industry wasn’t in enough trouble or so they would have us believe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He was ****ti5g on about how good the Gillette promo rubbish was and insisted that he wasn't emaciated. The fu5king tool meant emasculated. What a douche bag.

©️ Hairdresser Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

author of buoy wit striped pyjamas (superb btw on show his intellect v darcy is lighthouses of Ireland v lidl christmas lights)
    huge aha lars fan
    farcy: delighted to tell ye we got ye tickets and mb a meet and greet with aha....
    author: oh wow amazing!
    ray: huge thanks to mcd yes your going to it thanks to mcd.......................
    ray: damn they will kill me sorry sorry its aiken promotions i reiterate thanks to aiken for de tickets....
    ad break. (end)

author of buoy wit striped pyjamas (superb btw on show his intellect v darcy is lighthouses of Ireland v lidl christmas lights)
    huge aha lars fan
    farcy: delighted to tell ye we got ye tickets and mb a meet and greet with aha....
    author: oh wow amazing!
    ray: huge thanks to mcd yes your going to it thanks to mcd.......................
    ray: damn they will kill me sorry sorry its aiken promotions i reiterate thanks to aiken for de tickets....
    ad break. (end)

Lol.

He was 1/2 a point shy of doing medicine or so he told Pixie McKenna one day years back, likes to let people know they are dealing with someone almost as “intelligent” as them

Don’t tell me he has given up the drink? No more 1 bottle of beer and small bag of crisps in a Friday, as if the drinks industry wasn’t in enough trouble or so they would have us believe

I don’t believe that for one second. I’m younger than D’Arcy but I don’t recall the points system having half points.....and being the nerd I was back then I’d have been looking at these things years before they would have affected me.

I’d like to see proof of this claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's lucky he was that 1/2 pt short, he might be stuck in a demanding, underpaid medical job now instead of creaming €500k a year for sitting on his a$$ and spouting nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Just going to say the same Joe, I've noticed that a lot. The media has a definite agenda. And with regard to the term "fake balance" that Philip Boucher Hayes used earlier, I think "fake balance" is an appropriate term to use for most RTE presenters who pretend to be objective but are clearly batting for the liberal side of every argument.
    You're 100% right there id say, but you gotta love how the Healy Rae stuck it to PBH. Brilliant stuff, never lost the head, just talked commonsense. PBH, like most of the rest of the media, just accepted this Lancet piece as gospel. There were a few heads discussing it on Yates, who seemed to think that in recent years the Lancet has given up objectivity, and completely embraced the vegan, anti meat outlook.
    Typical RTE/modern media approach, never letthe facts get in the way of your preconceived notions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement