Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

You're 100% right there id say, but you gotta love how the Healy Rae stuck it to PBH.

Ah yeah, I love when they put it up to them as well. Particularly when Duffy starts picking on somebody who he thinks is an easy target, only to have them hit the nuclear button and start asking some pointed questions of himself and RTE.

That priest from the Alive magazine was brilliant. f**k it, I'm going to listen back to that now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Haven't read the article but he'll be paid regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I said this to somebody earlier and the question was asked "why is he getting an extra 50k then". But I think that must be because the figures released were from a few years back.

You really have to wonder about the decision to bring him in and give him a light entertainment show though. Doesn't drink, doesn't drink tea or coffee, doesn't eat sugar, constantly lectures people about their own habits..... The Ray D'Arcy of 2018 doesn't exactly shout "light entertainment" at you now does he.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I don’t believe that for one second. I’m younger than D’Arcy but I don’t recall the points system having half points.....and being the nerd I was back then I’d have been looking at these things years before they would have affected me.

I’d like to see proof of this claim.

The unicorn ate the evidence, your honor.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭goochy

dont watch Farcys tv show normally but wanted to see how Noel Edmonds was on it ( remember he took the piss out of Ray on the Ray ?)
    He did it again on tv ! Ray said something about talking to two of his friends - Edmonds said something like ' you have x2 friends ? classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Only caught the show coming out of the 4 o'clock news. Seemed like ray could barely talk. Like he was distracted or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

How are YOU today Ray?

Ray only came back to RTE due to the tv gig , its now been proven hes only fit for kids tv - he cant get paid 400k just for radio - so will they have to make up some other tv show to justify his salary ? this will be interesting !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

he will probably get a pay rise and still just do the radio de rte do not care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

goochy wrote: »
    he cant get paid 400k just for radio - so will they have to make up some other tv show to justify his salary ?

have you heard of Joseph Duffy ??

much bigger listenership and does some tv work

true , but I don't think he is doing his TV work, or anything extra for free.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Wouldn’t a fitness type TV show suit him perfect.

used to like him years ago, till he got all preachy, but actually as they have him under contract, they may as well use him at something. That could be something that would suit him at least

joes salary from rte covers any work he does for Rte

• Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'd love if RTE got him to do a TV show about the best takeaways and best pubs in Ireland. And maybe another show about fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

goochy wrote: »
    dont watch Farcys tv show normally but wanted to see how Noel Edmonds was on it ( remember he took the piss out of Ray on the Ray ?)
    He did it again on tv ! Ray said something about talking to two of his friends - Edmonds said something like ' you have x2 friends ? classic

I'm surprised Edmunds was so upfront about his dislike.
    He's usually a Grandmaster of passive aggression.

he didnt show dislike as such - just sense he was dealing with a gob****e and was probably surprised someone with Rays dull personality would have any friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Absolutely dreadful interview with Cindy Joyce who became the first Traveller to get a Phd. It was about racism against Travellers in Galway...apparently some of them have to break up into smaller groups when trying to get into pubs in the city!

It's the Judge's fault that more Travellers are in jail as they don't give them the leeway they give settled people when they're up in court!
    Toxic masculinity in Travellers is no worse than in general Irish society.
    Travellers don't really get married young, that's on the way out.
    Travellers value education and it's just a myth that they don't.
    'Grabbing' as seen on the Traveller TV shows is not true. She reckons the idea of that came from the TV producers.

Not challenged on 1 single point she made by D'arcy.
    Only positive texts read out.

• Advertisement

yes like that Connors fella from love/ hate - living in cloud cuckoo land

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray "choking up" reading out the texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Back on at 4.01 giving out that the ad break interrupted his interview. Then reads out texts and talks more sh1te. Another break!!!

4.01 back from ads
    reads out more positive texts including one who 'felt his tears'
    4.02 more ads
    4.05 Nuacht

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ray "choking up" reading out the texts.

Thought I was hearing things when he said that,sad individual getting emotional about some stranger to him getting a college qualification

Text into the show: "Some of the Cant language is older than the Irish language itself"

Looks like anything goes on today's show. Free for all but of course that only applies if it's on the side that Ray agrees with

Us tax payers paying for this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thought I was hearing things when he said that,sad individual getting emotional about some stranger to him getting a college qualification

You haven’t been listening to much radio recently so.

I have lost count of the number of presenters admitting to “getting emotional” about mundane stuff that ,while it is laudable, getting fohherking ‘emotional’ about it is stupid and false.

When did this bolloxology start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

jay0109 wrote: »
    Absolutely dreadful interview with Cindy Joyce who became the first Traveller to get a Phd. It was about racism against Travellers in Galway...apparently some of them have to break up into smaller groups when trying to get into pubs in the city!

It's the Judge's fault that more Travellers are in jail as they don't give them the leeway they give settled people when they're up in court!
    Toxic masculinity in Travellers is no worse than in general Irish society.
    Travellers don't really get married young, that's on the way out.
    Travellers value education and it's just a myth that they don't.
    'Grabbing' as seen on the Traveller TV shows is not true. She reckons the idea of that came from the TV producers.

Not challenged on 1 single point she made by D'arcy.
    Only positive texts read out.

And of course..”of course anti-social behavior is wrong but it happens in every community “

• Advertisement

You haven’t been listening to much radio recently so.

I have lost count of the number of presenters admitting to “getting emotional” about mundane stuff that ,while it is laudable, getting fohherking ‘emotional’ about it is stupid and false.

When did this bolloxology start.

Fergal Darcy is another one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement