Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options
1309310311312313315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A couple of weeks ago on either the Saturday or Sunday sports programme they went over for the Nuacht a few minutes after four. As it turned out Máire de Bhailís was not there so it was broadcast a good bit later. I made a mental note to check the time of the Nuacht at the weekends in connection with the discussion here, but I never got round to it since.

It could be that the Nuacht is not set to appear at the top of the hour, maybe because it is also late at noon because of the Angelus. So D'arcy may just be following the set schedule. It would be unforgivable if he deliberately delayed it every single day, and I cannot see how he could get away with it.

In general RTE radio is a bit loose with News times. I am usually listening at 11 am and it can be up to a couple of minutes late. BBC Radio 2 is sometimes a bit off as well, but Radio 4 is always precise to the second.

I would t read that much into it Hound.

Like news programmes are very tight on time and running order,and issues.

If an interviewer has a guest and is only getting to the nub of things then they will delay the news a bit, but advise listeners.

D’Arcys show has nothing like those issues so no reason to deviate from the allotted news times.

It’s ©️ hairdresser radio after all

Hahahahahhahahhahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tuned in today.. "we had 6 kids which is unusual in Texas..." actually it's not that mad I come from a family of 9"
    "it's unusual in Texas from one man"

"yeah"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"I love the mixture of your Texas drawl and Irish brogue"

There wasn't even a hint of an Irish accent there.

Reminded me of Brendan O Connor alking about Maura Derrane's "Connemara brogue" and her talking with a D4 accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just heard him there telling the band to get a move on because "Mary Wilson is on the way". Funny how that never bothers him when Nuacht is on the way. Mary would tear strips off him. I wouldn't care to get on the wrong side of her.

Yeah, there seems to be a reverence for Mary Wilson that is not afforded to the Nuacht team. Funny to think that a social justice warrior like Ray, who would moralise to us all about the equal treatment of our fellow man, should actually observe his own class system in the way that he treats his colleagues.

Mary Wilson = RTE Royalty, like Joe Duffy and Ryan Tubridy - to be treated like gods.
    Nuacht Newsreader = The plebs - To be treated like the sh1t one gathers one one's runner during a run across The Curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,940 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Plebs got their Nuacht today Saturday at 4:09. There was no reason to delay it, if it was supposed to be at 4.

I think it is safe to say that it is not set for 4 o'clock with or without D'Arcy directing affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

See new thread here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement