Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Heard Ray talking to Johnny Logan today. Johnny was trying to remember the name of the show in Sweden (I think it was) that picked their Eurovision entry when Ray muttered "Yeah yeah it doesn't matter". I never listened to him on Today FM, but for a guy who is just a few months in a new job, he sounds bored and uninterested as if he's just marking time til the pension. Mooney's show got stale in its last year or so but at least he sounded like he wanted to be on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This all sounds terribly familiar....it's actually not normal to be a radio presenter and be so negative. There could be something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

the_monkey wrote: »
    f*ck off Ray !! non essential staff me hole!!

You, didn't hear Mary Wilson complain about working as i listened to her show afterwards, I didn't bother listen to Ray that day, tuned into AlisonCurtis as LouiseDuffy was off, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

am enjoying today's guest. Dr David Hickey former Director of Transplantation in Ireland

a new low for this country. He was retiring and offered to stay on for 2 years to train a replacement and he has heard nothing from the HSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Oh dear god... is there any truth that Dublin City Council refused Damien Dempsey a buskers license in order to keep the pigeons from killing themselves..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Horse84

Oh dear god... is there any truth that Dublin City Council refused Damien Dempsey a buskers license in order to keep the pigeons from killing themselves..

He is absolutely atrocicous. I remember him doing a live performance on today fm last year possibly on darcy again and it was shocking. Fair play to him for getting away with it but my middle toe being scraped off of a blackboard is more melodious than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Horse84 wrote: »
    He is absolutely atrocicous. I remember him doing a live performance on today fm last year possibly on darcy again and it was shocking. Fair play to him for getting away with it but my middle toe being scraped off of a blackboard is more melodious than him.

I've never heard him speak, does he have the same ludicrous accent when talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Each to their own and all, but Damian Dempsey is great. Love him. Top bloke as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Synode wrote: »
    Each to their own and all, but Damian Dempsey is great. Love him. Top bloke as well

I'm biting my tongue. Pointless engaging with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Synode wrote: »

Top bloke? Not a bottom then, interesting hadn't realised he was so inclined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

my friend wrote: »
    Top bloke? Not a bottom then, interesting hadn't realised he was so inclined.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Who is this lad, Phileas Jogg ?

Do you have to live in Cabra to work in the Azoo? I enjoy this show, looking forward to tonight's return

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

so we have a teacher from kerry to blame for way ray is !
    ray never suspected barry manilow was gay but just thought he was an odd man - how diplomatic of him -another case of foot n mouth disease from ray !

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

goochy wrote: »
    so we have a teacher from kerry to blame for way ray is !
    ray never suspected barry manilow was gay but just thought he was an odd man - how diplomatic of him -another case of foot n mouth disease from ray !

He can still be an odd man, he just happens to be gay as well.

so rays clumsy at home too - hirs his forehead at home !

u could just picture ray wandering aimlessly in paris !

Ray looking for suggestions for things to do while in Paris.
    Run around the Moulin rouge
    Run around the Eiffel Tower
    Run around the Champs Elysees
    have some frogs legs with an egg on
    have some snails with an egg on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray looking for "off the beaten track things" to do while in Paris.
    Run around the Moulin rouge
    Run around the Eiffel Tower
    Run around the Champs Elysees...

Back seat of a black Mercedes driven by a drunk thru a Parisienne Tunnel ...

She's really struggling to tell the story here..

I don't get it. He did his time, if there is any fault it's with the DPP for not charging him with murder and proving that case, or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

this lad sounds like Stuart Clarke- hope Joe Duffy is not listening, he'll be cowering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sean Moncrieff is better at these interviews-bad sign when interviewee (author) is questioning the appropriateness of Ray's language for an afternoon show.

Katharyn Thomas today

• Registered Users Posts: 32 musicmammy

Katharyn Thomas today

Oh Great!!
    Don't you just love Katherine.
    I think she should be on the radio more often.
    (And the TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Christ gonna be hearing about Kellys marathon till the cows come home. And how Ray didn't care for Paris just because. Probably something to do with the kids.

Anyone else a bit tired of "this is A.Ps last **insert name of race here*** ever, he is the favourite" then he loses

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Anyone else a bit tired of "this is A.Ps last **insert name of race here*** ever, he is the favourite" then he loses

Yep, getting a bit tired of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I bet (see what I did there) the bookies aren't complaining

while there was nothing outstanding about her prefered listening to kathryn to ray - i know its radio but the fact shes easy on eye helped ! was never that into her but watching her on voice shes filling out nicely !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

In fairness, the man has been the top winning jockey last 20 years consecutively and is retiring and still competing at the top of his game (was in with great chance on Saturday in what is essentially a bingo race) so his retirement is a very very big deal. Normally when you see sportstars retiring, its slightly offputting and cringey the media attention around them as a lot of them are a shadow of themselves. But MCCoy is still winning big races like he has shown last few weeks and deserves every bit of media commentary. The big deal about Saturday was he was going to retire on the spot if he won The National and he came very close to do so. He is retiring at Sandown now where again he will receive Top Winning Jockey again! There are hundreds of jockeys so he cant win every race, just like Mcilroy cant win every golf tournament!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement