Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Absolutely terrible, what were RTE thinking getting him on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm not Rays biggest fan but Jesus Christ it's like everyone here is only hoping he f**ks up. First LIVE transmission from this studio then. Give him a little slack, a week, two weeks then you can use your best keyboard warrior skills.

So today is the first second time he's cocked up on radio ? The guy has form, he would have been walked through the console and studio numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Wtf was that boring opening monologue? Step it up Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

AGAIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Imagine if the soup had been a euro. He's have been lost for a cracker of an anecdote to kick off with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭troched

10 minutes in and talking about... 1 cent and 2 cent coins. How riveting.

Miscuing the first song too, he's beyond parody at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So today is the first second time he's cocked up on radio ? The guy has form, he would have been walked through the console and studio numerous times.
    Walked through? Black boards grinds and tutorials more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

4 million people are not looking at you Gay

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

I'm just saying it doesn't matter what sort of equipment it is, be it a cash register that your used to and you go to another job where you use a different cash register there's gonna be cock ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Anyone know what Brenda will do now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I'm just saying it doesn't matter what sort of equipment it is, be it a cash register that your used to and you go to another job where you use a different cash register there's gonna be cock ups.

And after having used said equipment after over 15 years you think he'd know it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

The fawning over Stephen Fry continues ! Who cares ? Switching over to Lyric !

And after having used said equipment after over 15 years you think he'd know it by now.

I'm sure it's different equipment. Have you ever been in a radio studio? They're not all the same you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm sure it's different equipment. Have you ever been in a radio studio? They're not all the same you know.

He's been in since 5th Jan, he should be well able to use it by now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LOL. Third missed cue. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

The fawning over Stephen Fry continues ! Who cares ? Switching over to Lyric !

funny thing is i heard Gay on a local Cork radio station this morning on the same topic and even though that host asked different question's Gay gave him those exact same answers he just gave Ray, word for word! :)

Yes quite a few actually and the software used in most is the same with most music/packages etc all pre loaded and ready to go.

A mixer is a mixer, its fader up and fader down..................

This guy used the same one in Today Fm for years and still couldn't use it when he finished. Sorry but if you're on that level of pay you can at least spend some of those 105 meetings learning to use the basic equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

This isn't Ray Darcy. It's Oliver Callan, doing a big p*ss-take. It must be.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

I've just banned three people for trying to be funny with a "Hi Presenter" post; next one will have a week to ponder how funny their post really was...

//MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ray is from Kildare? Jaysus you learn something new every day.

• Advertisement

As I said I'm not Rays biggest fan myself, I find I either have to be in the mood to listen to him or I'll turn him off after a few minutes. First day in a new job, new equipment, nerves, huge expectations...if he's still messing up after a few weeks, sure criticise then. And yes I've been in a few radio stations myself and no it's not as simple as "shur they all use the same software" and "it's just a fader"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

As I said I'm not Rays biggest fan myself, I find I either have to be in the mood to listen to him or I'll turn him off after a few minutes. First day in a new job, new equipment, nerves, huge expectations...if he's still messing up after a few weeks, sure criticise then. And yes I've been in a few radio stations myself and no it's not as simple as "shur they all use the same software" and "it's just a fader"...

None of the things you listed can be used as an excuse for starting his first broadcast with a depressing sigh and a godawful monologue about copper coins. Christ almighty. I thought I missed Ray from my radio, I tuned in and tuned back out after 15 mins. Too much same old, same old.

And once again he pressed the button but didn't have the fader up:rolleyes:

My 5 year old could run a desk better ( sorry for mentioning the word run )

Brendão wrote: »
    None of the things you listed can be used as an excuse for starting his first broadcast with a depressing sigh and a godawful monologue about copper coins. Christ almighty. I thought I missed Ray from my radio, I tuned in and tuned back out after 15 mins. Too much same old, same old.

No offence intended. But maybe don't listen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Conor Pope it's just like Today FM Ha

Ok then expand and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

MrMac84 wrote: »

He poached him :p Wont be long now before Andrew Maxwell or Neil Delamare is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

MrMac84 wrote: »

I hope Dr Pixie has tagged along too. I'll be sure to text in and say I have worms just to hear her remedy about the sticking plaster again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Even if the equipment is different a professional would have himself acquainted with it to prevent dead air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'd say Moncrief doesn't know what to do with all his new listeners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement