Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I like him, he takes his job seriously and he knows his conversation topic limits (although you could argue his conversation speed limits need tampering with!)

He has an encyclopedia of knowledge of the music/film industry and it is a pity RTE haven't used that to their advantage over last 15 years with a series of tv interviews with musicians/actors but maybe it was his choice to steer clear of tv.

Still well overpaid though but you can't blame him if RTE are so naive to pay average presenters silly salaries.

No, but maybe the taxpayer should adopt the same attitude as the IW protesters in this respect.

No marches or brick throwing on this even more invidious organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

No, but maybe the taxpayer should adopt the same attitude as the IW protesters in this respect.

No marches or brick throwing on this even more invidious organisation.

Go on then........! Noones stopping you!

Go on then........! Noones stopping you!

Just surmising Utd.

Bit old to take it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Dave Fanning is a lot better than D'Arcy... I always thought he was good when he covered the morning shows as well... To be an "entertainment" presenter you have to be unconditionally upbeat, like Marty Morrissey and Dave Fanning. Sick of listening to D'Arcy's self pitying monologues, his cynical opinions about everything, and his constant sighing... Bring back the Marty party..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Dave Fanning is a lot better than D'Arcy... I always thought he was good when he covered the morning shows as well... To be an "entertainment" presenter you have to be unconditionally upbeat, like Marty Morrissey and Dave Fanning. Sick of listening to D'Arcy's self pitying monologues, his cynical opinions about everything, and his constant sighing... Bring back the Marty party..

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

+1000

I'll probably get a slap for saying it but even Derek Mooney was better than Darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

"The Ray D'Arcy Show - your mid-afternoon slump"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I have to say I'm liking Fanning
    He has good taste in music and is cheery

Ray >>Up your game!!

bjork wrote: »

Ray >>Up your game!!

No, an hour and a half of Fanning is way too much to take.

He's fine in ten/fifteen minute slots but would wear the listener out over 90 mins.

I find I'm getting a bit wound up after listening to him for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

i agree , i prefer him to ray but hes very tiring and not a patch on Marty !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

bjork wrote: »

Ray >>Up your game!!

knows his football as well and no mention of bloody running and keep fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

knows his football as well and no mention of bloody running and keep fit

Haven't heard mention of "purridge" or sugar either.

Just wondering why they didnt get Will to stand in for D'Arcy for the week... I thought one of the (very few) advantages of getting Ray and his whole family from Today FM would be that they would be able to provide cover for him if he was out...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

sligojoek wrote: »
    +1000
    I'll probably get a slap for saying it but even Derek Mooney was better than Darcy
    dope-slap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Just wondering why they didnt get Will to stand in for D'Arcy for the week... I thought one of the (very few) advantages of getting Ray and his whole family from Today FM would be that they would be able to provide cover for him if he was out...

Why would you think that? Where did you hear it/read it?

Will currently isn't getting paid or under contract to be a main presenter. Fanning is.

The Radio Boards would explode if Will covered and got the going cover rate to do same.

"All the money they're getting and they still need cover when Ray swans off."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Great song

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

moan, moan, moan- why I hate holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

And he begins about not liking there being nice weather in Ireland when he's away, what a sad life:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray feels hard done by because we had a nice spell of weather when he left Ireland for the week.

He's a pure moany bastärd

D'Arcy claims he has made up a new term "Vulture Capitalist"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulture_capitalist

• Advertisement

Moan Moan Moan....

I pity that poor German family who went away for a week's holiday and had to listen to this whinging b*stard for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

ray needs a few anti depressives and a boot up the arse

Moan Moan Moan....

I pity that poor German family who went away for a week's holiday and had to listen to this whinging b*stard for the week.

I wonder did he tell them he gets paid 10K a week for 7.5 hours work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I'm here laughing away at him moaning about Ireland being awful. "Vulture capitalists", Ray must be a mate of Paul Murphy's now.

Snowing in west Wicklow...the 30,000 deer will be freezing

D'Arcy claims he has made up a new term "Vulture Capitalist"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulture_capitalist

He's a rather dim man Raymond.

I nearly crashed the car when I listened to him claim that, was he for real? ridiculous fool.

I'm here laughing away at him moaning about Ireland being awful. "Vulture capitalists", Ray must be a mate of Paul Murphy's now.

It's the 6 figure salary club, they're both members

is this today's main interview. A boy who never missed a day of school. were all the researchers on holidays last week too

is this today's main interview. A boy who never missed a day of school

Yeah and after not missing a day it turns out he's not very bright

Guess he needed every day available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,345 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The Nuacht reader didn't sound very impressed with Ray.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement