Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray - the man that claims to invent and coin phrases that others have used for years once again whines about nuacht interrupting his cancer gore fest, why didn't he use his expensive audio equipment and computers to continue the interview and rejoin us after an nuacht?

He's an idiot with a gripe, guess he's trying to locate his anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Nuacht reader didn't sound very impressed with Ray.

I wouldn't blame her, given the introduction he gave to her. He's a rude and cranky little twerp.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I can understand the frustration of breaking a serious interview for news but why not schedule these things for the start of the show? The schoolboy could have taken the later slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

eviltwin wrote: »
    I can understand the frustration of breaking a serious interview for news but why not schedule these things for the start of the show? The schoolboy could have taken the later slot.

Simple its bad production.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

I thought i imagined him moaning about nuacht ! The boy who never missed school was boring the girl who has cancer was about as warm as an ice block and had to mention the refurendum !
    Bring back dave !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

I thought i imagined him moaning about nuacht ! The boy who never missed school was boring the girl who has cancer was about as warm as an ice block and had to mention the refurendum !
    Bring back dave !

Conor Pope just called Ray Joe ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I've gotten the feeling since the show began that he resents being interrupted by nuacht, with a "I mean like who really cares" type attitude. but that's what you get being on the public broadcaster

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd say today fm got the better end of that deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I thought Una Mullally was very impressive. Immensely courageous. Her article in today's Irish Times was pretty damn powerful too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Giving out about an ad for Heineken on during The voice. "I don't want my 8 year old seeing this". FFs. The mans pomposity is unreal.

I'm beginning to think hes having a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Heckler wrote: »
    Giving out about an ad for Heineken on during The voice. "I don't want my 8 year old seeing this". FFs. The mans pomposity is unreal.

I hope he doesn't watch "Bloodline", the latest Netflix offering, with her, they drink bottles of Heineken in almost every scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Simple its bad production.

It's not as if he doesn't have enough producers - I would have thought three was perfectly adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

when you become too boring for radio one where do you go?

evilivor wrote: »
    It's not as if he doesn't have enough producers - I would have thought three was perfectly adequate.

Yep, i was hoping someone would pick uo on that:D

Kildare..............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

When you don't want anyone to hear news and no alcohol advertising.....North Korea sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Heckler wrote:

Heckler wrote:

Ha ha I still haven't had the misfortune of listening to Raymond since his transition but he seems to have worsened, if that's even possible. In hindsight I'd say ray most definitely jumped before he was pushed and dodged a bullet at Today FM and that time slot is a hundred percent better without him. I wonder did RTE just buy him out of the time slot to gives tubs a bit of a chance. In any case Anton is doing a Sterling job so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Heckler wrote: »
    Giving out about an ad for Heineken on during The voice. "I don't want my 8 year old seeing this". FFs. The mans pomposity is unreal. I'm beginning to think hes having a wind up.

In fairness to Ray, he's been consistent on this.... Carlsberg wanted to sponsor his Superstar Dogs show with the slogan "Carlsberg dont do really really f**king stupid shows..." but Ray was having none of it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Probably not the right thread, but as a contrast since Savage took over I haven't listened to Pat Kenny or Sean O'Rourke since, my regular mid morning shows. I think it's pretty damming that I would rather listen to hard core current affairs over Darcy's 'light' entertainment show when he was on, and I'm saying that as a regular listen to him years ago before his mid life crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

Glad I don't listen to him anymore, it sounds like he is worse than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I wouldn't blame her, given the introduction he gave to her. He's a rude and cranky little twerp.

I only tuned in after that, when Conor Pope came on, i would have thought that the week off would have rested his weary head, but no & sounds like he's taken down the nice Nuacht woman with him!

It appears RTE management might too have realised they bought a negative dud...

Looks like Mooney is being tee'd up for a return...

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/mooney-would-return-to-old-slot-immediately-31176682.html

It's common for RTE and Noel Kelly to kite fly via the Indo group

(Edit - it's even worse for Ray, turns out the Indo are quoting an article in the RTE Guide)

Rumour has it that D'arcys numbers are disastrous and he's quickly becoming toxic

A quick transfer to TV land will be explained as, 'this was always the plan'

Might explain Rays grumpy and irritable state

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mrs Shrek

Would that mean Will would be out of a job if Ray left radio completely and Jenny too?

Mrs Shrek wrote: »
    Would that mean Will would be out of a job if Ray left radio completely and Jenny too?

I'd imagine they'll be placed in RTEs equivalent of the NYC teachers rubber room where in this case licence fee payers will pay the bills

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rubber_Room

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reassignment_centers

Or perhaps their slick production 'skills' will be transferable to TV ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

my friend wrote: »

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/mooney-would-return-to-old-slot-immediately-31176682.html

Aha My (old) Friend, I was just about to post the same.... I wouldnt have a huge problem with him coming back, but they would have to stop him giving out and ranting at the start of the show and be more upbeat, like the way he used to be...

After a week of Fanning having a bit of a laugh, Ray returns with a usual moaning, whingy rant... And what did we learn... Well, apparently that rain cloud that resides permanently over D'Arcy's head also follows him on holiday...

"But I did meet Ray in RTÉ before his show started. He stood up from his desk and said: 'Can we just get something straight? You wanted to leave, right?'

^ And I dont like this mealy mouthed sh1te. Did he say the same to Brendan O'Connor before he took his job?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

nc6000 wrote: »
    Glad I don't listen to him anymore, it sounds like he is worse than ever.

I don't listen to his new show either. Listened to it a couple of times when he moved but I quickly realised that the old Ray (the one that seemed to have gone missing on Today FM years ago) wasn't coming back and that the change of surroundings had done little to change that.

I do love this thread though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Compare and contrast (so to speak) Ray's introductions to An Nuacht with Ronan Collins'. RC is all cheery and will often throw in a cupla focal if it suits him. Darcy loves to declare how he "has to" go over to the studios in Cassla (sp?). Since I can remember, An Nuacht has always been on at 12.30 and 15.30. Did he think that was going to change just for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Ray's not going anywhere. There are the reputations of certain RTE management types to think of.

I think it's Mooney who may viewed as the toxic one in RTE.

Hence his Sunday night 10 pm slot now and again on Radio 1.

Wonder what he did?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

my friend wrote: »
    Looks like Mooney is being tee'd up for a return...
    It appears twice !
    sAan5Btl.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement