Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Aha My (old) Friend, I was just about to post the same.... I wouldnt have a huge problem with him coming back, but they would have to stop him giving out and ranting at the start of the show and be more upbeat, like the way he used to be...

After a week of Fanning having a bit of a laugh, Ray returns with a usual moaning, whingy rant... And what did we learn... Well, apparently that rain cloud that resides permanently over D'Arcy's head also follows him on holiday...

^ And I dont like this mealy mouthed sh1te. Did he say the same to Brendan O'Connor before he took his job?

He'd have to stand on the desk to look O' Connor in the eye, Mooney must have been sitting down.
    In fairness, it was a good interview with Una Mulally yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

thanks for the lecture health nazi

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

if he could only be as good pressing one button

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

what's the bet Ray will recall another tale from the boring conversation he forced on the unwitting Germans while the rain fell mainly in Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"What is the best way to start running" - own up, who emailed that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

"What is the best way to start running" - own up, who emailed that?

Run fat bitch, run, was the advice...

Ray you ignorant liar

Ray said Keith Harris was 87, a caller texted in and asked 'did he say he was 87'

Ray barked back saying NO - 'I said he was 67'

What a dick you are Ray! I played it back on TuneIn - Ray did say 87

Yes he did
    Oh god remember this Quentin lad had his own problem slot- was it on D'Arcys show. I used turn off for that 10 minutes, accent wrecks my head. Bit of US creeping in now as he has been there a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just tuned in today to see if he is cranky with the An Nuacht presenter.

now hear him talking about the Kardashians, I'm sure he loves that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Yes he did
    Oh god remember this Quentin lad had his own problem slot- was it on D'Arcys show. I used turn off for that 10 minutes, accent wrecks my head. Bit of US creeping in now as he has been there a few weeks

ah I knew i knew the voice, Quentin Fortell , or something. When I used to listen to his show in the happier times

• Advertisement

Shall we hear the term non-binary ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    ah I knew i knew the voice, Quentin Fortell , or something. When I used to listen to his show in the happier times

this is he, jaysus he was born the day before me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Fottrell

this is he, jaysus he was born the day before me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Fottrell

No no no, you were born the day after him.

Do you think your mother swapped him out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

my friend wrote: »
    Ray you ignorant liar

Ray said Keith Harris was 87, a caller texted in and asked 'did he say he was 87'

Ray barked back saying NO - 'I said he was 67'

What a dick you are Ray! I played it back on TuneIn - Ray did say 87

Said it twice in fact.

my friend wrote: »
    No no no, you were born the day after him.

Do you think your mother swapped him out for you?

we could be the new Damo and Ivor

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Occasionally the special interest interviews D'arcy does are interesting.

Apart from that he strikes me as being an egotistical person. It is all about him. And most of that is moan city.

I have to say I was horrified at the way he dismissed the Nuacht yesterday during the interview with Ms. Mullally.

The Nuacht reader was daggers at the comment and rightly so. She is doing a professional job that is required by the schedule, and so should he.

Imagine how he would feel if the Nuacht reader had said something similar about his show!

The producers were asleep at the wheel yesterday. If the interview with Ms Mullally was projected to go on for a while, it should have been done earlier, and the guy at school or whoever he was should have been SHUT UP for the Nuacht!

Overall, D'arcy does not impress me. It sounds to me often that he hates the timing of the show, and would rather be eating sour grapes instead.

Just my obs.

LOVE the thread, as I cannot listen everyday. Well even when I can, I mostly listen to my fave mad friend Moncrieff. At least he doesn't take himself quite so seriously, and the show flows in a quite amusing way as a result.

EGO......

Moncreiffe is a one trick pony. . ...says Brendan.

Moncreiffe is a one trick pony. . ...says Brendan.

When you can spell his surname correctly, I will give you permission to have a comment on him! :eek:

When you can spell his surname correctly, I will give you permission to have a comment on him! :eek:

When he can get all his tenses correct, I will spell his surname correctly.

Right;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Wonder if Ray & Jenny and Will for that matter will be invited to Mairead's wedding. Saw Mairead had her hen in Galway at the weekend. There seems to be no obvious communication between Mairead and Jenny anymore (ie on Twitter). Wonder if it is just because they work at opposition radio stations or if their friendship is completely over?

• Advertisement

HelgaWard wrote: »
    Wonder if Ray & Jenny and Will for that matter will be invited to Mairead's wedding. Saw Mairead had her hen in Galway at the weekend. There seems to be no obvious communication between Mairead and Jenny anymore (ie on Twitter). Wonder if it is just because they work at opposition radio stations or if their friendship is completely over?

Keeps me awake at night so it does.

When he can get all his tenses correct, I will spell his surname correctly.

Right;)

Right!

When will that be then?

Try counting your sheep Brendan.

so just because you cannot see anything on twitter you are assuming they do not communicate? maybe they don't want the world knowing their business

Sorry my dear, but Slebs are Slums.

To me anyway, I do have a life.

so just because you cannot see anything on twitter you are assuming they do not communicate? maybe they don't want the world knowing their business

Are you people's lives so shallow that you actually CARE !!!

Listened to them all for years and years, they kept me sane throughout morning at work for years. I happen to follow Jenny, Will and Mairead on Twitter, they previously (when they all worked together) communicated about work and non work related things on Twitter, but since Mairead's move to the Ian Dempsey show this has ended. Just curious is all, would be sad if their friendship is over, when they were such good buddies for a long time.

Sorry my dear, but Slebs are Slums.

To me anyway, I do have a life.

Would not consider any of them to be celebs. They are just people who work on radio.

Are you people's lives so shallow that you actually CARE !!!

sorry did you meant to quote me there? I have zero interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

snubbleste wrote: »
    It appears twice !
    sAan5Btl.jpg?1

Absolutely ridiculous, he may have realized its the not the gig he thought it would be.He had it good where he was but the question is.................... do we want him back?

.........actually when did that stop RTE from foisting rubbish shows on us now :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement