Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Looky Man wrote: »
    Maybe he'll slink back on to Today FM

Well actually I should have said I was talking about Mooney :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I don't think some of the posters 'get' Darcy.

Him not knowing which button to press etc is part of his 'act', part of his personality. His sometimes flippant attitude to subjects is also part of his style. So either you like it or you don't. I personally enjoy his down to earth attitude.

The unreality of some people looking for Mooney to return is quite something. They will be the same people looking for Darcy to return when he goes!

Him not knowing which button to press etc is part of his 'act', part of his personality. His sometimes flippant attitude to subjects is also part of his style. So either you like it or you don't. I personally enjoy his down to earth attitude.

The unreality of some people looking for Mooney to return is quite something. They will be the same people looking for Darcy to return when he goes!

Well, I have to say in that case that I don't 'get' him and if pretending not to know which button to push is an act, its a long drawn out and tedious one. He is immensely irritating, with his small talk about his family, Kildare etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

Well said bookerlover, as i dont like moncrieff i dont know where to go other than darcyb! The hour and a half of rays show just passes and i have no recollection of what / who was on it . The mooney show was far from perfect but was ten times better than this crap. Its so hard to see how someone with rays personality got anywhere - if u got talking to him at a party u would go to the toilet and never return !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

sorry did you meant to quote me there? I have zero interest

Aplogies no I didn't mean to quote you, it was just the flow!

Accidents happen. Sorry.

• Advertisement

Well, I have to say in that case that I don't 'get' him and if pretending not to know which button to push is an act, its a long drawn out and tedious one. He is immensely irritating, with his small talk about his family, Kildare etc.

Again it's his style, it's part of his act and many thousands like it.

Change the station if you don't like it.

goochy wrote: »
    Well said bookerlover, as i dont like moncrieff i dont know where to go other than darcyb! The hour and a half of rays show just passes and i have no recollection of what / who was on it . The mooney show was far from perfect but was ten times better than this crap. Its so hard to see how someone with rays personality got anywhere - if u got talking to him at a party u would go to the toilet and never return !

A music station perhaps?

BBC radio?

Mooney wants to get back!

I tells ya, he can't wait for the tits to hatch. LIVE.

But in fairness, if he kept the show to wildlife, the countryside, interesting stuff like that I wouldn't mind.

It's the feckin Eurovision and his gay camp squealer friends that did my head in.

As a presenter, he wasn't beyond a few squeals himself.

goochy wrote: »

BBC Radio 4, or World Service. Terrific progs all day, every day.

All talk no musak.

Then there is the NPR stuff on TuneIn.

And replay your podcasts from whenever.

Radio lovers. I like you all.

BBC Radio 4, or World Service. Terrific progs all day, every day.

All talk no musak.

Then there is the NPR stuff on TuneIn.

And replay your podcasts from whenever.

Radio lovers. I like you all.

No they can't change RTE Radio. They listen to it day in, day out and then complain about it.

:):)

• Advertisement

No they can't change RTE Radio. They listen to it day in, day out and then complain about it.

:):)

I know! I can be a bit parochial myself too.

Still, there would be no thread like this if everyone was listening to R4!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ever note how quick he is to mention his psychology degree from Trinity when he's either

A) being battered or drowning in an argument with a guest
    B) trying to impress his 'intellect' on a guest

It's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 68,594 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm pretty sure you're the one not "getting" it here. D'Arcy's inability to operate the desk happened after the move to Marconi House and wasn't an issue in the old studio so its definitely not part of an act.

Ditto, its pretty obvious the sighing and attempts to 'correct' guests are pretty much just him, not an act.

Again it's his style, it's part of his act and many thousands like it.

Change the station if you don't like it.

Change the station?

My licence fee (which I pay for x 2 = €320 pa) funds Radio 1

Is it too much to expect better than a depressed, angry, bumbling, whining, low brow, uninteresting, bad interviewer who's on €500,000 pa + his wife @ how much€? + Will @ how much €?

You might also read the charter for posting here, telling posters to change the station is not kosher (especially when one considers that licence fee payers fund this particular station)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

my friend wrote: »
    Ever note how quick he is to mention his psychology degree from Trinity when he's either

A) being battered or drowning in an argument with a guest
    B) trying to impress his 'intellect' on a guest

It's hilarious

Definitely- oh your a doctor or professor, well I got 24.5 points in my leaving cert which was only 1/2 point shy of being a doctor myself you know. Instead I did psychology, (throws out a few random no doubt outdated psychology related buzz words from 30 years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Rumour is he wrote to RTE bosses looking for Nuacht to be removed, next he'll want station renamed RTE RUN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

my friend wrote:
    You might also read the charter for posting here, telling posters to change the station is not kosher (especially when one considers that licence fee payers fund this particular station)

my friend wrote:
    Is it too much to expect better than a depressed, angry, bumbling, whining, low brow, uninteresting, bad interviewer who's on €500,000 pa + his wife @ how much€? + Will @ how much €?

my friend wrote:
    My licence fee (which I pay for x 2 = €320 pa) funds Radio 1

If you don't like him so much, then turn him off. If enough people turn him off, he will get replaced. The paying of the licence fee doesn't compel you to listen to RTE.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Enough talk about "changing the station if you don't like it" or "I have the right to complain because I pay taxes" style of arguments please. This is suppose to be a discussion about what's being presented; how it's being presented etc. so please narrow down the discussion somewhat accordingly or we'll have to start handing out cards etc.

//MOD

Ray opened about current weather conditions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm decided to tune in after reading post #1610

Ronnie Drew story - very interesting

Writers income down 5% - wow

Letter from America - fantastic

One of Rays cars is an 04 VW Golf

Ray, do the exchequer a favour, splash some cash buy a new motor (freebies from VW won't count)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

did he just say that about the difference between students and teachers cars??????

mother of god:rolleyes:

did he just say that about the difference between students and teachers cars??????

Populism seeking injustice in the first World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I was in UCD this morning, and the car park was full of BMWs, Mercs and Jags...

...because the Bank of Ireland AGM was being held there.

Fair play to Conor Pope and Ray for covering some bad eggs for the Yes campaign.

http://youtu.be/HRMTRwdXEFE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It could be argued that the No posters themselves are a subversion of democracy. The only problem I have with taking them down is that it feeds the persecution complex of bigots.

Ray is now recycling a previous guest from his time at Today FM

Some guy with Gone with the Wind memorabilia who Ray promised to call back when he had more time ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And he was a bit of an eejit to him, he obviously meant Enda Kenny at the end there, instead he muttered I don't know who that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

What did he say?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement