Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,524 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anybody ever tried to sing a Proclaimers song (Ray played 'Letter From America' earlier) and NOT put on a Scottish accent?

Can't be done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What did he say?

he made an idiotic comment about how strange it was(to him) that students in a college had older cars then their lecturers

I thought i was hearing things

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Strikes me that D'arcy is not very comfortable in this slot.

I can't put my finger on it, but he seems very negative sometimes, and that is not what gets you listeners!

His one off special interest interviews are OK I suppose, but the producers need a kick. Especially wrt interesting interviews that might straddle the dreaded NUACHT.

But there is no need for an egotistical rant from him about a newsreader who HAS to read the news as Gaeilge. I could hear the daggers in her voice the other day when he dismissed the Nuacht.

OK, he may hate it, but play the ball, not the man/woman. The Nuacht presenter was totally denigrated by him on that occasion, and I for one was not one bit impressed by his actions that day.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭goochy

i can changed stations if i wanted to but as with when tom dunne was on mornings and when mooney was on b4 ray i have become addicted to listening to presenters / shows which annoy me . whats the cure ?
    having jenny adding her tuppence ( for what thats worth) in the middle of things ia very annoying . cant stand that accent since i left the capital !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

goochy wrote: »
    i can changed stations if i wanted to but as with when tom dunne was on mornings and when mooney was on b4 ray i have become addicted to listening to presenters / shows which annoy me . whats the cure ?
    having jenny adding her tuppence( for what thats worth) in the middle of things ia very annoying . cant stand that accent since i left the capital !

laughed when I read that though probably just my dirty mind
    http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/25839/is-it-true-that-tuppence-refers-to-a-womans-vagina-in-british-english-slang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

:eek: My missus always says "as tight as tuppence" for a mean person,
    I can't wait to tell her this:pac:

I agree with a previous poster, there's something addictive about listening to the radio just to get annoyed, Mooney and D'Arcy are my faves also, when Ray Foley was on Today FM he did a job fr me for a while but eventually that got so bad I couldn't take it an more and found I was actually wishing him harm in real life

:eek: My missus always says "as tight as tuppence" for a mean person,
    I can't wait to tell her this:pac:

I agree with a previous poster, there's something addictive about listening to the radio just to get annoyed, Mooney and D'Arcy are my faves also, when Ray Foley was on Today FM he did a job fr me for a while but eventually that got so bad I couldn't take it an more and found I was actually wishing him harm in real life

Bo Selecta's bear used to say it all the time to the female guests!

that's why the Liveline thread is so popular, I only started listening to liveline when I discovered the thread on here, the show is so annoying but good fun on boards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

D'arcy is banging on about variable rates, does he's realise that if Noonan demands AIB to reduce the rates that the taxpayer will pick up the tab for a select portion of the populations benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People in rural Ireland aren't obsessed with sexuality like some in the cities seem to be.

RobertKK wrote: »
    People in rural Ireland aren't obsessed with sexuality like some in the cities seem to be.

you are forgetting Glenroe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Can't take any more. He really is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

i thought Ray had the perfect family

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

Ray did psychology in the 80's...bet no one knew that. You tell him Ray.

Definitely- oh your a doctor or professor, well I got 24.5 points in my leaving cert which was only 1/2 point shy of being a doctor myself you know. Instead I did psychology, (throws out a few random no doubt outdated psychology related buzz words from 30 years ago)

BINGO- a doctor being interviewed now, "I did psychology back in the 80's"

Paulo Nutini and Dr Pixie it must be Today FM Deja Vu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A problem with his right wrist...

I wonder how many texts he'll get within the next five minutes, calling him a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

RayM wrote: »
    A problem with his right wrist...

I wonder how many texts he'll get within the next five minutes, calling him a wanker.
    ah stop , this would only encourage him to have a segment on **** whilst giggling through the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

Is there anyway to hear this??? I missed it and would love to have heard it!
    Thanks!!!

I have to say I was horrified at the way he dismissed the Nuacht yesterday during the interview with Ms. Mullally.

The Nuacht reader was daggers at the comment and rightly so. She is doing a professional job that is required by the schedule, and so should he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

What was said about Nuacht? I heard radio Republic pull the pıss out of him over it too This morning.

6781 wrote: »
    What was said about Nuacht? I heard radio Republic pull the pıss out of him over it too This morning.
    Thread on it here including audio

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057421146

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

neris wrote: »

Not really surprising, it's an awful moanfest of a show, and like myself I reckon an awful lot of people like to be able to leave the one station on the radio all day. I don't think Ray's core listenership would be willing to listen to Radio 1 all day. When you think about it, it was a stupid move by Ray/RTE. Why put the DJ with the biggest listenership in the country on at a different time?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why put the DJ with the biggest listenership in the country on at a different time?

I reckon he was offered the sun,moon and stars to defect to RTE, by his fomer TFM boss. Perhaps was promised Tubs slot but this failed to materialise and hence the Mooney slot,which doens't suit the small man with the MASSIVE ego. That could explain the percieved lack of enthusiasm he seems to project. I've only listened to him a few times in the new slot and swiftly switched over.

My belief is that he has his eye on the prize of the Late Late, and this, he believes, was his route to get there.
    He wants to be remebered as the new Gay Byrne (who he idolises) although the world has changed since uncle Gaybo showed the people of Ireland how to use a condom, discussed taboo subjects and for years was a must watch TV show.
    Ray lecturing us all on a Friday about how we should all run away from sugar and religon will not work. He probably believes it will...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What the he'll did Will say/do towards the end of the interview with the girl who needs the spinal surgery??

I was half listening, but Ray suddenly went " I must apologise for Will"

He then says "Jesus Christ Will!" and goes to a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Greg Allen: "Racing on again today, over to Pauraic Lodge in Punchestown"...
    *D'Arcy interjects*
    Ray D'Arcy: "Thanks Greg".
    Then he proceeds with the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

I heard that too, Darcy got worked up whatever was said. I did'nt hear Will's voice so maybe the microphone didnt catch it?

Darcy clearly wasn't listening to Greg and thought he had finished his sports update when infact he was going to a reporter, how unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,524 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Is Rachel's new book called 'Things We Can't Talk About'? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Rays quite the angry man

His whining about 'this country' is wearing thin, he must have some depressive disorder as he's incapable of appreciating how good he's got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

padd b1975 wrote: »
    What the he'll did Will say/do towards the end of the interview with the girl who needs the spinal surgery??

I was half listening, but Ray suddenly went " I must apologise for Will"

He then says "Jesus Christ Will!" and goes to a break.

I thought Ray didnt believe in Jesus Christ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Is Rachel's new book called 'Things We Can't Talk About'? :pac:

She tends to over-sugar everything... And that's just the interview I'm talking about.... D'Arcy seems to lap it up though, his mood has improved no end since she came on the line...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement