Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Coming across well is Ms Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

chuckles30 wrote: »
    He's just started an interview at 3.27!! Who decided that was a good idea? Surely he could have read a couple of texts or done a bit of waffle and start the interview after the nuacht......as they'll only be getting into it when it has to be interrupted.

More fantastic production..........

Manage the clock, play a song, go to adverts............do something !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

she sounds clever- how long before the Psychology degree comes out?

ha- the bloke that runs the polyamoury club is called "Randy"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

awkward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

This interview with Sonia O'Sulivan is the happiest I've heard him in a long while. Does Ray run at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Rebuffs her offer to put him on a programme to participate in a 5k run in June.

doesn't he run at all, at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I dislike Darcy more than the average person but does anyone else feel this thread has gotten a little bit mean of late, we've got people suggesting he's depressed etc. was it this bad on today fm? Is it the licence fee that changes things?

careful now..you cant be coming on here defending d'arcy against personal bullying..you can get a warning for that type of thing!

Best bet is tow the general line. pass comments for the umpteenth time regarding his running/rugby/education and you'll garner a few 'likes' from the usual bullies......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Careful now! I got a week long ban for suggesting a poster was D'arcy's hairdresser!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

heldel00 wrote: »
    Careful now! I got a week long ban for suggesting a poster was D'arcy's hairdresser!

Ah really? Whoops!

To add my tuppence worth, I don't live in Ireland anymore but I do listen to a few stations on an app, mostly Dempsey in the morning and I skip around the channels if walking home from work.
    In work if I'm in the middle of something I'll stick the earphones in and D'Arcy was the usual choice, he's just become so bland and pompous, when he changed stations I thought he might thaw a little and get some new energy, but it seems to be the same spiel. I've given both Anton and D'Arcy's shows a go but it will be Anton for me. It reminds me of D'Arcy's earlier years where it was carefree and a laugh.

Not to mention the repeated incorrect buttons being hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

razorblunt wrote: »
    Deleted

There's a devastatingly original post…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ah really? Whoops!

To add my tuppence worth, I don't live in Ireland anymore but I do listen to a few stations on an app, mostly Dempsey in the morning and I skip around the channels if walking home from work.
    In work if I'm in the middle of something I'll stick the earphones in and D'Arcy was the usual choice, he's just become so bland and pompous, when he changed stations I thought he might thaw a little and get some new energy, but it seems to be the same spiel. I've given both Anton and D'Arcy's shows a go but it will be Anton for me. It reminds me of D'Arcy's earlier years where it was carefree and a laugh.

Not to mention the repeated incorrect buttons being hit.

Doesn't matter, living outside the country, the mods will find you and they will ban you ..not Liam Neeson style..
    At least we have an obesity rant to look forward to today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

digzy wrote: »
    careful now..you cant be coming on here defending d'arcy against personal bullying..you can get a warning for that type of thing!

Best bet is tow the general line. pass comments for the umpteenth time regarding his running/rugby/education and you'll garner a few 'likes' from the usual bullies......

What are you on about?

I'm sure that if there was any personal bullying aimed at Raymond on here or if there were any bullies that the boards moderators would take swift action and act accordingly.

There is no need to be coming out with false statements like that just because you can't handle certain opinions held by others that may differ to your own.

Potatoes

interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Obesity hobby horse!! He sounds so happy on his active lifestyle himself....it makes me want to get out and exercise....not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Jogging... this is new unbroken ground..

best question yet "were you conceived here or there?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Potatoes

interesting

Quite boring actually untill that poached egg nestled on top...simply orgasmic ...

What are you on about?

I'm sure that if there was any personal bullying aimed at Raymond on here or if there were any bullies that the boards moderators would take swift action and act accordingly.

There is no need to be coming out with false statements like that just because you can't handle certain opinions held by others that may differ to your own.

just so we're clear, I don't listen to him because I don't rate the show. His hobby horses, making a mess of the show etc....just don't like it.
    However, this thread has the same wafflers repeating the same rubbish ad nauseum, thanking each others negative personal comments about him ad nauseum.

the thread is as pointless and repetitive as his show. ye're still listening so he must be succeeding :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Horse84

just so we're clear, I don't listen to him because I don't rate the show. His hobby horses, making a mess of the show etc....just don't like it.
    However, this thread has the same wafflers repeating the same rubbish ad nauseum, thanking each others negative personal comments about him ad nauseum.

the thread is as pointless and repetitive as his show. ye're still listening so he must be succeeding :rolleyes:

Almost but not quite as pointless as u reading and posting in this thread then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Probably the most sense that's been spoken on here in a long time so you'll Probably be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

There are some of us who don't listen to darcy who might actually like to listen to a program of reasonable quality in mid afternoon on RTE1 and who are unhappy at the appalling service currently provided.

Horse84 wrote: »
    Almost but not quite as pointless as u reading and posting in this thread then...

True. Must remember negative comments only....

Dubl07 wrote: »
    There are some of us who don't listen to darcy who might actually like to listen to a program of reasonable quality in mid afternoon on RTE1 and who are unhappy at the appalling service currently provided.

Well I'd state the obvious but our dear mod hands out bans for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Well I'd state the obvious but our dear mod hands out bans for that....

We pay for RTE presenters. If people are obliged to seek entertainment elsewhere because the quality of an RTE show is dismally below par, that is because the product is not of merchantable quality. If the listening public were to seek a refund of licence fee for x hours a week, it might drive the message home.

Nody wrote: »
    //MOD

Enough talk about "changing the station if you don't like it" or "I have the right to complain because I pay taxes" style of arguments please. This is suppose to be a discussion about what's being presented; how it's being presented etc. so please narrow down the discussion somewhat accordingly or we'll have to start handing out cards etc.

//MOD

!!

Dubl07 wrote: »
    We pay for RTE presenters. If people are obliged to seek entertainment elsewhere because the quality of an RTE show is dismally below par, that is because the product is not of merchantable quality. If the listening public were to seek a refund of licence fee for x hours a week, it might drive the message home.

Sure you could make that argument about anything on rte because you don't like it:rolleyes:
    You write a letter of complaint. I just listen to something I prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

my friend wrote: »
    Fair play to Conor Pope and Ray for covering some bad eggs for the Yes campaign.

http://youtu.be/HRMTRwdXEFE
    Yes harrass those idealistic tweens. Post a video online to shame them publicly forever. How dare they peacefully act out of rational moral outrage! Shame them! Shame them! Such daring frontline journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Misses his que to introduce the news.............10 sec of dead air......what a pro:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dead air

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement