Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ah man, not even able to give a credible or rational reason. And you made a failed attempt at remarking on bravery.

And for the record, I do believe you have a chip on your shoulder about gay people. Perhaps you could work on that especially if you get invited to a same sex wedding in the future.

Edit: Or will you refuse to go because seeing two people of the same gender in love makes you feel uncomfortable?

I thanked the previous post because I believed your comment was a bit ridiculous, I'll be voting yes emphatically but calling Daniel brave for those reasons is a bit silly, my God what has happened to the definition of brave?
    I know nothing about CountyHurler, if you are calling him a homophobe you probably have your reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

And in one sentence you have encapsulated the entire argument of the YES side...

Pointless debating with you. This isn't to do with voting Yes or No, it's do with your attitude to gay people and why two men or two women in love makes you feel uncomfortable.

You are unable to deal with this reality.

Why don't you actually try to change your attitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I thanked the previous post because I believed your comment was a bit ridiculous, I'll be voting yes emphatically but calling Daniel brave for those reasons is a bit silly, my God what has happened to the definition of brave?
    I know nothing about CountyHurler, if you are calling him a homophobe you probably have your reasons.

Well perhaps brave is a bit of an exaggeration! I take your point!

And the poster Countyhurler wasn't making a reference to the brave word, he is a No voter and doesn't like people who are voting Yes or something. I didn't really understand his post. Suffice to say, gay stuff irritates him.

Actually I haven't a clue what he likes, he won't offer up a reason as to why he's voting no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

This being the exact reason why I wont indulge you... Typical of the "Agree with us or you're a homophobe" way the YES side has been run... So you can keep your toys in the pram for the moment...

I would genuinely love to hear why you're voting 'No'. Maybe you have a sincere, logical and relevant reason. With just one week to go, I'd be really interested in hearing one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Spanish Max

RayM wrote: »
    I would genuinely love to hear why you're voting 'No'. Maybe you have a sincere, logical and relevant reason. With just one week to go, I'd be really interested in hearing one.

Aren't we getting off topic here? Surely there are more appropriate threads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Aren't we getting off topic here? Surely there are more appropriate threads?

It's relevant to a topic that was being discussed on the Ray D'Arcy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

RayM wrote: »
    It's relevant to a topic that was being discussed on the Ray D'Arcy show.

But now you're discussing each other's stance on the referendum.

Did Raymondo give his tuppence worth or is he allowed? RTE seemed scared stiff in case there is a sniff of lack of balance. I doubt Ray is up to the task one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

But now you're discussing each other's stance on the referendum.

Did Raymondo give his tuppence worth or is he allowed? RTE seemed scared stiff in case there is a sniff of lack of balance. I doubt Ray is up to the task one way or another.

Daniel O'Donnell asked him straight out but he said he couldn't say. He'd get the sack.

I'd say it's feckin killin him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Good skit on Callans Kicks, taking the pi55 out of Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

heldel00 wrote: »
    Daniel O'Donnell asked him straight out but he said he couldn't say. He'd get the sack.

I'd say it's feckin killin him!

Ray wont have a pop at where it hurts his pocket. He never said a word against Dennis O'Brien at Today FM. He will say controversial things but he wont criticise where the money comes from, the Catholic church and RTE television might get a bashing but wait till Ray gets a tv show or a bishopric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Have they sacked/disciplined Oliver Callan or Darren Kennedy yet?

Both on the RTE payroll, and both have publicly backed a Yes vote in the gay marriage referendum.

Either they have a code of conduct and it's enforced or they don't.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

padd b1975 wrote: »

Both on the RTE payroll, and both have publicly backed a Yes vote in the gay marriage referendum.

Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Who's Darren Kennedy? Which day was he on with Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Ray wont have a pop at where it hurts his pocket. He never said a word against Dennis O'Brien at Today FM. He will say controversial things but he wont criticise where the money comes from, the Catholic church and RTE television might get a bashing but wait till Ray gets a tv show or a bishopric
    You may be right. But I don't think he he's the balls / brains to evoke contrevevosary
    If he does it became accident. He's brutal on the radio,can only improve on the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm pretty sure those guys are freelancers who contract their services to RTE. It's not the same relationship with RTE as D'Arcy's.

I'm pretty sure those guys are freelancers who contract their services to RTE. It's not the same relationship with RTE as D'Arcy's.

Yes, I would be certain they are too, however they both currently have shows running and I would imagine their (temporary) contracts would have a similar clause to the one D'Arcy seemed so fearful of on Friday's show.

Anyway, it appears Callan has had his wrists slapped over his comments....

http://www.thejournal.ie/oliver-callan-rte-gagging-order-2102407-May2015/

OLIVER CALLAN HAS been cautioned by RTÉ after publicly calling for a Yes vote in the same-sex marriage referendum at an event in Dublin yesterday, breaching the stations gagging order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Anyway, it appears Callan has had his wrists slapped over his comments....

Callan would want to be careful he doesnt p1ss off too many people in RTE, or he could limit his opportunites... He already fell out with Tubridy.. Nob Nation was removed from Tubridy's show, and it seems Tubridy wont let him on the Late Late either, not since the argument anyway... Not being able to get a slot on the Late Late must be a big restriction for him. If he was still pals with Tubridy he would probably be on the Late Late at least once a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Hilarious how there's a gagging order on referendum yet political parties are pushed or mocked 😠isn't that the same thing? Influence? Actually, propaganda
    Rays show is mighty all the same. Never heard the likes since I switched the dial

Who's Darren Kennedy? Which day was he on with Ray?

He presents a programme called The Unemployables with Jennifer Maguire.

A harmless enough guy, just another OTT camp gay guy trying his hand at television.

I don't think he has been on with Ray, at least not recently.

I think his comments were made in a PR piece in the Indo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray can't do crimecall either

What are his talents?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Rays researchers working hard for their salaries searching and finding such unique stories ..

This story was taken from last weeks Indo via Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

You know I enjoy running and I think it's good for your health to run.. But my God does he ram it down people's every throat EVERY F**KING DAY...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I lasted 5min today, as I couldnt listen to him any more chatting about running, exercise, obesity..........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

ah here, 5 mins late for nuacht

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Kate doesn't like any type of fizzy drink....I wonder why!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Is someone taking the p or did someone genuinely text ray asking him to do a piece about running on the show??? Co-incidentally after he'd just finished talking to Donal Ryan, who also runs and comes up with the ideas for his books when out running.

At this stage I'm just listening out of curiosity to see if it ever changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Callan would want to be careful he doesnt p1ss off too many people in RTE, or he could limit his opportunites... He already fell out with Tubridy.. Nob Nation was removed from Tubridy's show, and it seems Tubridy wont let him on the Late Late either, not since the argument anyway... Not being able to get a slot on the Late Late must be a big restriction for him. If he was still pals with Tubridy he would probably be on the Late Late at least once a year...

More like once a month knowing the LLS!
    chuckles30 wrote: »
    Is someone taking the p or did someone genuinely text ray asking him to do a piece about running on the show??? Co-incidentally after he'd just finished talking to Donal Ryan, who also runs and comes up with the ideas for his books when out running.

At this stage I'm just listening out of curiosity to see if it ever changes

I actually laughed out loud when Ray read out that text and was also wondering whether someone was messing with him or not. I'm sure Ray would love a weekly slot about running/exercise. Not sure about the listeners' opinions however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

He knocked a good 10 to 12 minutes talking about his young ones tooth falling out last night, I mean for Jaysus sake?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I didn't get to hear all of today's show but think that Ray is doing an okay job-look at the number of posts on boards (mostly negative, I'll admit but still we must be listening). However, It's a real bugbear of mine when presenters talk about their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think if Ray was told that he couldn't talk about his wife, his kids or running/obesity then he'd not have a clue what to chat about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement