Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Ray is making a fool of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

percent, percent. percent, my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's worse than Duffy when confronted with a fact he doesn't like, "Yeah, well ".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She's not very dominating, is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tafkach

how nice of Ray to take time out of his day to set this woman right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this is disgraceful carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Ray being a total p***k, he has such a superior attitude and obviously made his mind up about this woman before he started the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Ray really challenging this woman!

I love looking at Swedish models

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Hate to say it but that woman sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant person

• Advertisement

Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Master debater.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Master debater.
    He's a wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

God he's unbearable with his sanctimonious hmmmmm-ing

That was a very uncomfortable radio piece. How did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

hum hum right right

what an atrocious broadcaster

Callan57 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but that woman sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant person

Just reflecting how she's been interviewed I reckon.

snubbleste wrote: »

Well it started not too long after leaving The Den, midlife I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I thought he was pretty good, tbh. I mean, he wasn't impartial but I'd say he represents the views of most of the people listening. And when it came down to her producing evidence that prostitution is all right, like, she wasn't exactly convincing - for a woman with a law degree.

Jesus, water reviews. Barrel scraping.

Dear Conor

I paid for the full GFE but did not get it, can I have my money back?

(A) John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

That was an appalling interview. I laughed when he asked her about being degraded all concerned...he treated her badly from the off just because shes a sex worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

I thought he was pretty good, tbh. I mean, he wasn't impartial but I'd say he represents the views of most of the people listening. And when it came down to her producing evidence that prostitution is all right, like, she wasn't exactly convincing - for a woman with a law degree.

Ah but its Ray Darcy. If he said completely the opposite people on this thread will knock him anyway!! I wouldn't listen to him generally but If i couldnt stand him I'd tune into other stations!! Irish people are gluttons for punishment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ray had facts & challenged her supposed "statistics" which IMO she did not appreciate. It seemed to me that she came on expecting to lash out her "statistics" and did not expect to be called on them.

At the end of the day, if it's such a great "job" how come she wouldn't want her daughter in it? Her daughter has had a sheltered upbringing and she didn't see the irony in that!
    Her comment about soldiers going to war was just downright pathetic & just went to prove how shallow her argument was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

At the end of the day, if it's such a great "job" how come she wouldn't want her daughter in it? Her daughter has had a sheltered upbringing and she didn't see the irony in that!
    Her comment about soldiers going to war was just downright pathetic & just went to prove how shallow her argument was.

Women shouldn't be allowed to form their own opinion. They need a man to tell them what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ray had facts & challenged her supposed "statistics" which IMO she did not appreciate. It seemed to me that she came on expecting to lash out her "statistics" and did not expect to be called on them.

What two consenting adults choose to do is up to them.

Ah no, Sebastian died, condolences to his family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tafkach

Did he really need to grill her about that newspaper photoshoot? it was just a f**king photo...

snubbleste wrote: »

They used a pompous interviewer who hasn't a clue how to interview and remain impartial.

Apart from Ray, I thought it an interesting piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brewdog

I listen Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2 every lunchtime and he interviews people from all walks of life in a non judgmental way, this makes for great radio and he really gets people to open up sometimes. He is a brilliant host with empathy and can handle heavyweight or lighter material.
    I never usually listen or watch anything on RTE but I happened to catch the Ray D'arcy interview with the sex worker while in the car and was flabbergasted at his lack of professionalism. His attitude to this guest was condescending and he didn't have the skill to conduct a non-judgemental interview as he could not hold back his personal feelings which were obviously negative to his guest. As a result she became defensive making for a poor interview.
    It sounded like the puritanical attitudes of 20 years ago . I won't bother listening again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement